Thread: Now I really hope I'm done for awhile! NHBD!

Now I really hope I'm done for awhile! NHBD!

Well after declaring I was done for awhile last weekend, I have added another new PRS to the stable...

2013 Hollowbody II in Makena Blue.

( and again, sorry for the lousy iPhone pics...you'd think a semi-professional photographer would take the time to use his D4 and appropriate lens! )

Thanks to Shawn for confirming that the '13 HBII's don't have neck binding and have new birds.

I'm still trying to get used to the "non solid" feel of the guitar...it feels like a $400 Schecter semi-hollow (and I don't particularly care for that!). I'm also a bit "meh" on the Makena Blue - looks a bit cheap since the top is far from a 10-top. This is the first PRS I've brought home that I'm not doing back flips for, so maybe that's telling me something. I'll give it a good playing this weekend and go from there.
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

I think it's a pretty guitar; I like the blue-to-greenish fade.

There are an awful lot of differences between that guitar and a Schecter...
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Lovely guitar.

I like the color as well. I remember I was excited to get my HBII, and then I never really bonded with it. I felt the same way as you...just used to something a little more solid in my hands. If I could have afforded to keep it, I probably would have, but it wasn't a difficult decision to sell when G.A.S. drew me to something else. I do like semi-hollow guitars, though.

Congrats, I guess? Seriously though, I appreciate your candor because something about like this leading in my GAS race towards the Experience, and it's good to hear some things people find difficult to adjust to along with all the praise I read.

Hope you do end up enjoying it though.

I think it's very nice looking. As a HB2 fan...I'd say play it and listen...record & compare to your favorite SB guitars. They do some things a SB guitar just doesn't.
    "The answer is YES!!!" PRSh

I bet that's a really nice guitar!

Awesome! An HB is on my list along with an SC and a 408MT.

The Makaena blue is a great finish! Congrats.
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
    I'm still trying to get used to the "non solid" feel of the guitar...it feels like a $400 Schecter semi-hollow (and I don't particularly care for that!). I'm also a bit "meh" on the Makena Blue - looks a bit cheap since the top is far from a 10-top. This is the first PRS I've brought home that I'm not doing back flips for, so maybe that's telling me something. I'll give it a good playing this weekend and go from there.
    You can send it to me, bro! My mouth was literally hanging open looking at the pics.
    --Garrett--

Very nice machine. I would love to play an HB through my rig. That's what happens when you belong to the "buy all the PRS guitars you can afford" camp.

If I was in a Jimmy Buffet cover band this would be the ultimate guitar.

That's a great color and looks fantastic! Congrats!
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Ok, ya'all talked me into giving it a chance!

Between it and my new DGT that I just got, I'll be playing A LOT this weekend!
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

Duuuuuuude........................................ ...... You're Fiiiiyyeer!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)