Thread: PRS with Evertune bridge...anyone?

PRS with Evertune bridge...anyone?

Anyone here on the forum having a PRS/Evertune combo?
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

They are an interesting concept but A) I think they're pretty fugly B) I'd be concerned about a drastic change in tone with something like that.

Are you looking at switching up your tremolo for something more hardtail?

I've got a project that I'm working on right now that I'm in the research phase of. Never really been a big fan of tremolo bridges, so I've been looking at switching it out (plus I need the cavity in the back for something special). I'm learning a lot, but hadn't come across Evertune yet. Thank you for the lead

Have you looked into the 2Tek bridge? I've been reading that PRS used to use them in the 90s. I'm curious why they discontinued use other than they figured they could do something better in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    They are an interesting concept but A) I think they're pretty fugly B) I'd be concerned about a drastic change in tone with something like that.
    I pretty much agree with you.Very expensive to have it installed.
    Are you looking at switching up your tremolo for something more hardtail?

I've got a project that I'm working on right now that I'm in the research phase of. Never really been a big fan of tremolo bridges, so I've been looking at switching it out (plus I need the cavity in the back for something special). I'm learning a lot, but hadn't come across Evertune yet. Thank you for the lead

Have you looked into the 2Tek bridge? I've been reading that PRS used to use them in the 90s. I'm curious why they discontinued use other than they figured they could do something better in-house.
    Hi Pastor Dame.Actually i have my tremolo screwed down to body and tremol-noed.Evertune just fascinates me and to have a guitar,and especially your fav guitar as in my case a custom 22 soapy that i can play for hours to never go out of tune would be wonderful.My PRS holds tuning better than any other guitar ive owned but....
    Last edited by swede71; 08-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

I talked to one of the techs at my local GC about the Evertune. He was pretty complimentary of it. However, the price tag is quiet prohibitive...

Is the guitar you're talking about the one in your pic? That's a pretty sweet looking piece!

I'm totally cool with having to retune very occasionally. It's a cool invention but same as Vaughn, I wouldn't want to run the risk of losing any tone (and yeah, they are very fug-lee).

As for the 2Tek, I was under the impression you can get one installed (either by the PTC or as part of a PS build) but they were never offered as a standard option. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by swede71; 08-03-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Would be great to see PRS have a guitar with an evertune bridge installed and hear what the PTC people and the master himself thinks.

Interesting....Paul Dowd is located in NY in Bronxville....just a stones throw away from where I grew up...I remember seeing a newspaper article on the bridge awhile ago....but didn't hear much more beyond that.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    I'm totally cool with having to retune very occasionally. It's a cool invention but same as Vaughn, I wouldn't want to run the risk of losing any tone (and yeah, they are very fug-lee).

As for the 2Tek, I was under the impression you can get one installed (either by the PTC or as part of a PS build) but they were never offered as a standard option. Can anyone confirm?

They have been installed on Private stocks....and on guitars that have passed through the PTC....and installed by the owner of 2TEK...he can be found over at vintage rocker....they were not offered as a standard model. I Have an amazing Brazzy necked McCarty Metal inspired 2TEKed axe that rocks...played it earlier today....unique sound really dig it...very clear....great string separation.
    -Bob

The concept itself is pretty darn cool.

I don't know the effect it has on the tone of the guitar. But one thing that is the bane of my existence in the studio is keeping guitars perfectly in tune from the first take to the last one.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

DirtyMoons has it right on with the 2Tek. Of course, 2Tek bridges WERE offered standard a while on Hamer basses in the early 90s sometime - the Hamer cruise bass IIRC. Super great bass for way better a price than they should be able to fetch, when you can find one.
    - - -
    The evertune bridge looks like a really cool concept, but I doubt very seriously I'd put one on my PRS. Perhaps an SE or an ibanez. My Maryland PRS' don't really go out of tune that bad, and I don't want a hole in my guitar. I'd love to give one a try, but not enough to buy one and build a guitar around it.

I would not retrofit my PRS with an evertune bridge but i would definitely buy a PRS model featuring an evertune bridge.Lets say a custom 22 S2 Evertune model