Thread: NVYGD!

NVYGD!

Always loved VY and missed having a USA PRS, even though I really like my Navarro SE. Got this CE22 on Tuesday, changed the strings, set it up to my liking, removed the pickup covers and gigged it Saturday. Played it for most of our 4 hour gig and was just amazed by the clarity and versatility of the tone and the great feel of the neck. I didn't even touch my '85 Schecter strat which is my main guitar. Got much praise from my bandmates on the tone and looks as well. I"m a happy camper!

Here's a before and after with the pickup covers.

Vintage Yellow is one of the coolest PRS colors!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

An all-time classic.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Bangin'! VY is PRS in my opinion.

Cool yellow finish. Congrats!

Congrats!! Vintage Yellow is Awesome!!!
    Custom 22 Brazilian Limited (Emerald Green/Artist Package Quilt)| Custom 24 (Red Fire Burst/Quilted 10 Top)| Custom 24 (Autumn Sky) | P22 (Solana Burst)| Standard 22 (TriColor Burst)| McCarty Soapbar (Seafoam Green)| CE 22 (Vintage Yellow/3 piece 10 Top)| CE 22 (Whale Blue)| Mesa Dual Rectifier Half Stack| Fender Blues DeVille 410 (USA Made)| Fender Evil Twin (Snakeskin)| Peavey Classic 50 410| Gibson Northern Jumbo Limited

looks great! Just my personal opinion, but I think you made the right move to remove the pickup cover haha it sure looks better without the cover on!