Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Guilty pleasure guitars: What's yours?

  1. #41
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,837
    I would like a Charvel Guthrie Govan. If/when they get released.
    Plank Owner

  2. #42
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,087
    I kind of want a faded and worn pink strat.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Driffield. U.K
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I would like a Charvel Guthrie Govan. If/when they get released.
    I'd like Guthrie,s beard and talent.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

  4. #44
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by carpincowboy View Post
    I'd like Guthrie,s beard and talent.
    Great guy - finally met him last night. I told him after seeing him, my goal was to someday play six notes as cleanly as him. He paused for a moment, and finally said, "Well, we all have our journeys with the instrument." Loved it!
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    148
    Gibson LP was always one of my dream guitar but something was not felt right every time I pick one up in the shop. I finally bit the bullet and get the 2nd hand Studio LP to get the feeling. After 5hrs of continuous rehearsal, I knew that this "shape" is not for me so I moved on... So uncomfortable to play...

    Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppalak Klabdee View Post
    Gibson LP was always one of my dream guitar but something was not felt right every time I pick one up in the shop. I finally bit the bullet and get the 2nd hand Studio LP to get the feeling. After 5hrs of continuous rehearsal, I knew that this "shape" is not for me so I moved on... So uncomfortable to play...

    I know exactly how you feel dude I used to love LPs so much that I would imagine them to be the holy grail guitar, flawless just like what the people tells me. Until when I was choosing my first electric, I picked up a LP for the first time, it's an Epi Std. The clubby neck shape just don't feel right, no matter how hard I try. I tried another LP, the Gibson LP Classic. The neck felt right this time, but the weight was a real back-killer. You can even feel the hefty weight on your thigh while sitting down to play. Of course, the price is out of my range. Since then, I've lost interest in the LPs. They're great guitars, but they're just not my cup of tea. I went down the PRS road and never went back. I still love admiring Gibsons, but I can't imagine getting one for myself.

  7. #47
    Senior Member sleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel dude I used to love LPs so much that I would imagine them to be the holy grail guitar, flawless just like what the people tells me. Until when I was choosing my first electric, I picked up a LP for the first time, it's an Epi Std. The clubby neck shape just don't feel right, no matter how hard I try. I tried another LP, the Gibson LP Classic. The neck felt right this time, but the weight was a real back-killer. You can even feel the hefty weight on your thigh while sitting down to play. Of course, the price is out of my range. Since then, I've lost interest in the LPs. They're great guitars, but they're just not my cup of tea. I went down the PRS road and never went back. I still love admiring Gibsons, but I can't imagine getting one for myself.
    I had a 2009 traditional which was to heavy for me and then a 2010 sg standard. Both were good guitars but something just didn't feel right with both. The LPJ I just picked up has an in between neck, kinda a 50's/ 60's neck . Feels good however it's not my main guitar, it's just used for drop c tuning which I mostly play in standard tuning.

    My DGT is my main guitar and don't want to put that in drop c tuning because I find the guitar would sound too deep (if that makes sense ) . Prs are and always be my choice, not for everyone but for me , they fit the bill perfectly.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    24
    this is awesome! i want one now.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevphol View Post
    My Mexican Splattercaster.


  9. #49
    Senior Member jcha008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    319
    Like the OP, I also enjoy the Zakk Wylde Bulls-Eye guitar. I'm a big fan of many non-traditional guitar shapes. The Explorer and the V are two of my favorites. I no longer own my Explorer, but plan on getting another soon. Here are the two V's I currently own. Dean VMNT, and a Jackson Rhoads Semi-Custom Shop with Mother of Pearl body inlays.




    If I didnt have so much GAS for other guitars I would like these two.

    Golden Axe Explorer



    Thunderhorse Explorer

    Last edited by jcha008; 08-08-2013 at 11:54 AM.

  10. #50
    Incompetent Hack
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    18
    This is my guilty pleasure guitar. It's almost a flashy Ibanez JEM.

  11. #51
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Sa-weet Rhoads! Love the body inlays. And I, too, would love a Thunderhorse Explorer. Just can't seem to find one to try.
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  12. #52
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,837
    Quote Originally Posted by carpincowboy View Post
    I'd like Guthrie,s beard and talent.
    Same. Both are quite epic.
    Plank Owner

  13. #53
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    302
    Ibanez S-series with Mo Joe bridge and PAF Joe neck pups and a very rude alien.....


    [IMG][/IMG]
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

  14. #54
    Dislocated Boy Tosca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Driving towards the daylight....
    Posts
    226
    Any BC Rich from the Mid 80's...especially a Bich...like this one....

    I'm on the lookout for a 80's Bich 10 string or DoubleNeck Bich to add to this one, but I've never seen one this color.
    Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
    Jimi Hendrix

  15. #55
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,837
    So many knobs.
    Plank Owner

  16. #56
    Dislocated Boy Tosca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Driving towards the daylight....
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    So many knobs.
    Yet each one releases a different flavor of AWESOMENESS!!!
    Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
    Jimi Hendrix

  17. #57
    I still want one of these.

    One Life

  18. #58
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,837
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I still want one of these.

    I'd rock a Carvin Holdsworth. It's kinda similar.
    Plank Owner

  19. #59
    Member Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    125
    Do these count?


  20. #60
    Dislocated Boy Tosca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Driving towards the daylight....
    Posts
    226
    Often wish I hadn't sold this one....
    Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
    Jimi Hendrix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •