Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Of all 'current' PRS models...

I may have neglected to express the need for a cocobolo Angelus with an alpine spruce top.

Cu 22 AP trem with 57/08s and a flame Maple neck and board. (If they only had a WF and semi hollow option)

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    I was thinkin' about this thread the other night....a Goldtop'd SC245 with the new \m/ pickups in it would suit me quite nicely. Gold hardware and 2012 birds. Man, I'd make that thing scream....
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

I was thinking but then decided to just do it!
    So, I just picked up a Studio and can't get over how nice this guitar sounds. I was looking for a single coil vibe and this guitar totally fulfilled that need.

Well, hopefully I'll have my AP 408 by the end of the month (assuming they don't have to start it over a third time...fingers crossed!!!). That's the one I've wanted the most, ever since I first saw the Private Stock Limited Run. I'm dying waiting for that thing to get here...

After that, it's EASILY gotta be some AP HBII action. Hog neck, maple top/back, ebony fretboard, hybrid hardware with a burnt maple leaf finish...<DROOL>. Most of the shows my band plays are acoustic rock, but it's not always functional to play some of the guitar solos with the limited range on an acoustic guitar. I retrofitted an electric guitar with a piezo bridge/preamp system, but it's crapped out on me (still haven't figured out what went wrong) and I've resorted to running that guitar's mag pickups through an acoustic simulator/DI box. It's passable, but not great. I love the HBII, and that'd fit my current/primary need pretty much perfectly!

Beyond that, there's really nothing that would fulfill a current "need"...but there's plenty of stuff I'd want to get. Hoping someday soon we'll see the \m/ pickups in a production model or as an option on the AP list (if the latter, there's a Custom 24 with \m/ pickups that's got my name on it!). Someday I *will* do a Private Stock, but that's a long way off...
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

I was all ready to get an NF3 before the P24 came out so that would be the one I want, Whitewash with rosewood fretboard and birds or maple with birds.