Thread: PRS flying v ;)

PRS flying v ;)

Ok,perhaps a silly question for PTC.Would it be possible to have a Gibson Flying V PRSified?Refinished,PRS hardware,PRS pickups,PRS nut...well yes,basically just the Gibson body with everything else PRS
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Unlike Tag's re-body, which would be just a crazy project but certainly do-able, I am pretty sure this will NEVER happen.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

You're making me cringe!
    Plank Owner

No way in hell would be the nice answer I expect.

The rumor is they built one V and will never build another and it says on the PTC site that they only work on PRSi
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Mr. Rabbit's 12 string PRS V

Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    The rumor is they built one V and will never build another and it says on the PTC site that they only work on PRSi
    Should looked up that detail....just impressed with their work
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

It might be easier to buy a PRS, get out the bandsaw and make a Flying V out of it

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    It might be easier to buy a PRS, get out the bandsaw and make a Flying V out of it
    Just don't tell anyone bout it... we might get nightmares... I still cringe remembering the Factory Tours where they show them cutting up PRS bodies...
    Custom 22 Brazilian Limited (Emerald Green/Artist Package Quilt)| Custom 24 (Red Fire Burst/Quilted 10 Top)| Custom 24 (Autumn Sky) | P22 (Solana Burst)| Standard 22 (TriColor Burst)| McCarty Soapbar (Seafoam Green)| CE 22 (Vintage Yellow/3 piece 10 Top)| CE 22 (Whale Blue)| Mesa Dual Rectifier Half Stack| Fender Blues DeVille 410 (USA Made)| Fender Evil Twin (Snakeskin)| Peavey Classic 50 410| Gibson Northern Jumbo Limited

Hmmm...k...i dont really see the problem really dressing a Gibson body in PRS parts.I have no problem admitting the Flying V model is a personal fav..ever since watching Michael Schecker on swedish tv in 84.I guess this will be a future project of mine