Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alterbridge - Addicted To Pain (New Single!)

Alterbridge - Addicted To Pain (New Single!)

Wow.... Alterbridge has always been a band I enjoyed, but was a little on the softer side of what I typically listen to when it comes to metal.

This new song is absolutely killer! Fast, aggressive but melodic with a HUGE production and array of tones. I like it a lot!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Look at all those PRS fiddles. I like.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Cool, will there be a whole album?
    I never buy singles.

Nice hearing Myle's and Mark's playing again.
    Yes. They have been posting progress/updates on their FB page.

You know, I like Myles with Slash, but he fuggin' flat out rocks with Mark!

Can that single be downloaded anywhere yet?
    Last edited by 11top; 08-07-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

Another great Alterbridge song! PRS tones amazing and rich as always, and great solo too
    ** GONABEE Rock band!!! Album is just been recorded! **

I like it!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

"The house of cards just hit the floor".... Great line

I love Alter Bridge. My favorite song by them is "Watch Over You." They are a great band. Tremonti is amazing on guitar and Myles has one of the greatest voices in rock IMO. Saw him and Slash playing Night Train on tv a couple of days back, man it blew me away.
    Yes........I have OCD!

FYI - That Metal Show listed Alter Bridge as one of the guests for this season. No date given, no details on who it'll be (my guess is Mark and Myles), but should be worth checking out.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

atlantig, thanks for the info.....should be worth checking that out most def! According to what I am reading, the new season starts up Jan. 18....and will feature The Winery Dogs this season too! Now I'm friggin stoked!!
    Yes........I have OCD!

A commercial I saw listed Alter Bridge, Nuge, Ace Frehley, Peter Criss, Joe Satriani and some others. Looks to be a good season!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I have been at their concert in Berlin last year and it was amazing. They are also my favourite band.

Going to see them this spring at Baltimore!
    2013 PRS Custom 24 - Charcoal Burst Quilt - 57/08
    Ibanez SR650 Poplar Burl 4 string bass
    Carvin Cobalt Acoustic
    Douglas 7 String

Defender of the Universe HANGAR18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    FYI - That Metal Show listed Alter Bridge as one of the guests for this season. No date given, no details on who it'll be (my guess is Mark and Myles), but should be worth checking out.
    I want to learn more aobut this band since I don't currently know a lot about them. I routinely watch TMS so I'll look forward to seeing that episode. Also looking forward to seeing Uncle Ted on TV again!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    I want to learn more aobut this band since I don't currently know a lot about them. I routinely watch TMS so I'll look forward to seeing that episode. Also looking forward to seeing Uncle Ted on TV again!
    They are essentially Creed minus the douchey Scott Stapp. The singer Myles Kennedy had a semi-famous band called The Mayfield Four before joining AlterBridge. I was a huge Creed fan when they began but as they got softer and more radio-friendly With Arms Wide Open, etc. it was hard to get into that. AlterBridge was a nice heavier alternative, it allowed Tremonti to finally unleash more shredding and guitar-oriented writing instead of the softer Creed stuff.

Check out these songs for sure:
    Metalingus
    Open Your Eyes
    One Day Remains
    Come To Life
    Buried Alive
    Isolation
    Blackbird (my handle namesake)
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    They are essentially Creed minus the douchey Scott Stapp. The singer Myles Kennedy had a semi-famous band called The Mayfield Four before joining AlterBridge. I was a huge Creed fan when they began but as they got softer and more radio-friendly With Arms Wide Open, etc. it was hard to get into that. AlterBridge was a nice heavier alternative, it allowed Tremonti to finally unleash more shredding and guitar-oriented writing instead of the softer Creed stuff.

Check out these songs for sure:
    Metalingus
    Open Your Eyes
    One Day Remains
    Come To Life
    Buried Alive
    Isolation
    Blackbird (my handle namesake)

I agree with all of this. Most of those tracks are from One Day Remains, Blackbird, or ABIII.

the albums One Day Remains and Blackbird are heavy and catchy. They're really addicting.

ABIII is heavier and darker (the lyrics are about Myles' struggle with understanding God or if there is one). I recommend trying out 'All Hope is Gone', 'Show me a Sign', or Coeur d'Alene

Fortress is a different animal. It's heavy and dark too, but it's almost got a 'progressive metal' or 'nu-metal' feel to it due to odd time signatures and off-beat rythyms. Not as easy to passively listen to, but it's still really good.

From Fortress, I'd recommend listening to Addicted to Pain, Bleed it Dry, Calm the Fire, Peace is Broken
    Last edited by JRod4928; 01-29-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    2013 PRS Custom 24 - Charcoal Burst Quilt - 57/08
    Ibanez SR650 Poplar Burl 4 string bass
    Carvin Cobalt Acoustic
    Douglas 7 String

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    They are essentially Creed minus the douchey Scott Stapp. The singer Myles Kennedy had a semi-famous band called The Mayfield Four before joining AlterBridge.
    Myles also replaced Marky Mark in Steel Dragon.
    Alan

Myles also plays with Slash and the Conspirators

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Myles also replaced Marky Mark in Steel Dragon.
    Yes sir, joining forces with Zakk Wylde. For all of it's cheese, I still kind of liked that movie.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon