Thread: A Little PRS Appreciation

A Little PRS Appreciation

I am NOT going to name the company involved in this post, only using the story to illustrate one reason why I think so highly of PRS Guitars. I can't even begin to imagine this happening at PRS.

One another forum dedicated to another brand of guitars, there was a post referring to yet another brand of guitars and problems with their custom orders. The big one was a guitar that was built using a fretboard with one scale length and a fret layout for a differenct scale length, the result being a guitar with 23 frets. Another guitar had the pickup routs in the wrong place, the bridge out of line and the strap pin in the wrong spot. Plus no truss rod cover. This is on custom order guitars with a multi-year wait.

I can't imagine PRS allowing something like this to go out the door, and if it did happen, I can't imagine them not making it right. I get that mistakes happen. It's how those mistakes are handled that makes the difference.

So, here's a big thanks to all the caring PRS employees!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I appreciate PRS because they let me come here and be silly.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I appreciate PRS because they let me come here and be silly.
    And that you do! Lol

I went and read that thread on that other site! Amazing..Ever since they were bought out by that other guitar corporation their quality has dropped off along with their imagination. A real shame. $4000 on a messed up guitar. Think of what he could've gotten with $4000 on a PRS! He'd have a sweet Paul's Guitar or a Cu24 with a rosewood neck.......

I think the real comparison here is that PRS builds guitars for guitar lovers and that corporation builds guitars for consumers. Hmmm..not sure that came out right. Maybe PRS guitars are built for guitarists by a guitarist and they are just a bunch of guys in a board room figuring out a way to maximize profits.
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

While I do not participate on other forums I too am often surprised at what people go through when dealing with other vendors.
    Plank Owner

Seriously: I make my living making music. I rely on PRS for 100% of the guitar equipment I use.

One hundred percent. Electric, acoustic, amp.

I can order any PRS instrument with confidence that it will be a good one.

The instruments and amps inspire creativity. Now, how does it get any better than that in terms of appreciation?
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    I think the real comparison here is that PRS builds guitars for guitar lovers and that corporation builds guitars for consumers. Hmmm..not sure that came out right. Maybe PRS guitars are built for guitarists by a guitarist and they are just a bunch of guys in a board room figuring out a way to maximize profits.
    To piggyback off of / expand upon that: without being melodramatic, I think the difference comes down to the leadership. Large companies have many talented craftspeople and businesspeople. But Paul is a true visionary and leader. His ideals, principles and drive have remained consistent throughout the years of videos, interviews etc we all see and read out here. Not many companies, and employees, are fortunate enough to have that.

I think the visionary drive is directly responsible for the high standards and incredible instruments we appreciate here. When the bar is set so high, and continually raised, and the employees buy into that, the quality, customer service, and loyalty all follow.

Soapbox dismounted
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited | 2012 NF3
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited
    2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow | 2014 S2 CU22 Semi-Hollow