Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2NGYD (Two New Guitars Yesterday!)

Cool 2NGYD (Two New Guitars Yesterday!)

I took advantage of the August price reduction on the PRS guitars at Guitar Center yesterday and brought home two new guitars...

a Santana in "Angry Larry" and a DGT 10-Top in "Yellow Tiger".

I'm quickly becoming a DGT convert after getting my DGT Artist last week and now this one, and I was very surprised at the great tones I can get out of the Sanatana and it's more "simple" electronics...though it is a PRS so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised! I think Angry Larry is a great color for a Sanatana with it's abalone body inlays. LOVE both the DGT and Santana necks though.

GC Ron worked his magic on the Santana - the action was a bit high and he put it up on the bench, I checked a text message on my phone, and that blazingly fast he had tweaked it and it was perfect. I said "what the heck did you do that fast?!?" Ron just said "I've been doing this for awhile!"

By the way, Ron still has a lot of great PRSi at the Cincy G.C. so if you're in the market for a new one during this sale, give him a ring. There's a sweet smoked abalone 24 Artist, a killer gold top 24, a Blue Crab Blue P22, a couple Modern Eagles, and many more.
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

Awesome! Congrats on both. Now you just need 4 arms.
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Oh man, congrats! That's a classy pair!

You, Sir, are an addict.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    You, Sir, are an addict.

Pot................. Kettle
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Both are darn nice!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Holy sh.. I love that dgt and really like the Santana ....great score

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Pot................. Kettle
    Looks who's talking.
    One Life

Killin' it! That Santana would keep me busy in front of the mirror for weeks!

Very nice! You are on a role. Next week, I'm predicting an S2 Starla, an SC HB II Artist, and a Brent Mason.

Don't let us down!

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Very nice! You are on a role. Next week, I'm predicting an S2 Starla, an SC HB II Artist, and a Brent Mason.

Don't let us down!

No...I REALLY need to be done for awhile.

I need to cool it for a bit. I've been going a bit crazy lately and I think I'm pretty set for now!
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
    No...I REALLY need to be done for awhile.

I need to cool it for a bit. I've been going a bit crazy lately and I think I'm pretty set for now!
    Oh, I know, I know.

I'm just going to go get some popcorn, and sit back and wait...

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    By the way, Ron still has a lot of great PRSi at the Cincy G.C. so if you're in the market for a new one during this sale, give him a ring. There's a sweet smoked abalone 24 Artist, a killer gold top 24, a Blue Crab Blue P22, a couple Modern Eagles, and many more.

Man, I wish my local Guitar Center had that kind of selection. Here in KC, I'm lucky if my local GC has two Maryland made PRSes and a couple SE's. Congrats on the aquisition, they're beautiful.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

NICE guitars !!!!!!
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

YES and YES.

Excellent scores.
    Plank Owner

Nice guitars.
    I love a guy who knows how to take advantage of a deal.

That's a good day!
    Sh*tter's full

Thanks guys. I spent today restringing and tweaking the intonation, etc. They both play fantastic. I am continuously impressed with the DGT guitars...such big, thick tone.

David G. even called my faded blue jean tobacco burst DGT Artist "badass" on Twitter yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by ElrytNamrogo View Post
    Man, I wish my local Guitar Center had that kind of selection. Here in KC, I'm lucky if my local GC has two Maryland made PRSes and a couple SE's. Congrats on the aquisition, they're beautiful.
    Ron will ship to your local GC if you want - if anybody is interested, call him at the Cincinnati store...he's a great guy and will be straight up with you.

Ron will ship to your local GC if you want - if anybody is interested, call him at the Cincinnati store...he's a great guy and will be straight up with you.
    Another +1 for Ron at the Cincy GC. Bought two from him so far. Good guy and knows his stuff.
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedog007 View Post
    Another +1 for Ron at the Cincy GC. Bought two from him so far. Good guy and knows his stuff.
    For sure...one of the most knowledgeable guitar guys I know and has great stories too! Always a pleasure being around Ron.