Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Love Amazon - What did I get today?

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, since we are posting some non musical stuff here, this is one of the orders that came in last Friday.
    I absolutely dig it.
    Set it up Saturday, and it works great.
    Will be great for camping trips and doing up the dishes.
    Much better than my other shower we were using.
    Basecamp by Mr. Heater Aquacube Digital Shower (Blk/Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    You drink single-malt scotch and play a PS PRS guitar.... Are you seriously contemplating buying your coffee at Bed, Bath, & Beyond?

Yes. I mean no. Um...maybe?
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Be a man, grind your own beans fresh, steam your own milk, and learn how to pull your own shots....You drink single-malt scotch and play a PS PRS guitar.... Are you seriously contemplating buying your coffee at Bed, Bath, & Beyond?
    Hello, person who does not use a real guitar amplifier and now raises the manhood issue over grinding coffee!

You can grind coffee AND use a single serving machine when that works better for you. Like when you're in a hurry.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

At least a coffee pod isn't virtual coffee.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 08-14-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Prime is Amazing. Don't know how they really make money out of it as with me they sure have already lost.
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Hello, person who does not use a real guitar amplifier and now raises the manhood issue over grinding coffee!

You can grind coffee AND use a single serving machine when that works better for you. Like when you're in a hurry.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

At least a coffee pod isn't virtual coffee.
    Have been amp shoppin' lately... All I'm sayin'.

I wanted quick and easy so I went with a pod system. Sergio will forgive me my trespasses after the first beer I buy him at Experience.

After reading the detailed post Les made I decided to research the Varismo and Tassimo. I decided on the Tassimo pretty quickly. The Tassimo branded machines are made by Bosch, as are some of my other appliances. The milk pods are liquid not powder. There's more pod variety. The Tassimo machines are cheaper. These things do not equate to better, but they steered my decision making.

I looked to Amazon for this purchase, but ended up with a better deal locally at Bed, Bath and Beyond (Sergio is twitching as we speak). Not only did BBB have it and a large assortment of pods they had it on sale for $80 versus the ~$100 on Amazon. Also worth noting, Amazon had it on Prime, but I could not overnight it even though they would overnight the pods on the same order. Not sure why. No worries, the savings on the machine translated to more pod purchases.

So here's what I bought...

Tassimo T20. The site lists four systems with this being the second tier. The upgrades from this are more display options and a built in water filter. I don't require more display and my water is already filtered. This machine was also on sale for $80 marked down from $100 so it was the obvious choice.

Small cup.

Large cup.

Jesse, you built a gear fort. Can you do the same with coffee? Totally. MINI COFFEE BUNKER FORT OF DOOM!

Cracking one open.

Roll over.

Now the other way.

Nifty.

I have already brewed a few pods this morning and am more than satisfied with my purchase. It's simple, it works. The branding and packaging also speak to me.
    Last edited by jfb; 08-15-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Plank Owner

Good choice, Jesse!

I have considered going back to Tassimo several times.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

I got my vacuum bags today. The oldest got to vacuum the main level of our house. I call that a win/win.

Still brew coffee the old fashioned way....on a stove. You set it up first thing in the morning, go take your shower, $#!T, and shave, and wa la, it's ready when you sit down for breakfast. Glad that Amazon still carries these:
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

A buddy of mine is visiting for the weekend. He also has a Siamese cat and suggested I give this brand of food a go. I just ordered what I thought sounded good, Chicken and Sweet Potato??? Oh yeah!!! Hopefully they dig it. I have them eating Royal Canin Siamese right now, but this sounded a bit better for them.

Plank Owner

Older getting younger
    I've placed orders on a Sunday, received an email saying it would ship Monday and I would receive it by Wednesday; it arrived on Monday. I love Amazon Prime. I now have a Roku and stream videos, commercial free, all the time. I also borrow books on my Kindle. For me, the free 2 day shipping was worth the price alone, everything else is just a bonus!
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
    I was joeprs on BAM

Amazon Prime is great. I haven't used it as much this year as I have before but I'm sure I've got my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    A buddy of mine is visiting for the weekend. He also has a Siamese cat and suggested I give this brand of food a go. I just ordered what I thought sounded good, Chicken and Sweet Potato??? Oh yeah!!! Hopefully they dig it. I have them eating Royal Canin Siamese right now, but this sounded a bit better for them.

We switched our dog to the K9 version of this about a year ago due to some supposed allergy issues. He seems to really like it. But, it is pretty dang expensive for dog food.

Older getting younger
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    We switched our dog to the K9 version of this about a year ago due to some supposed allergy issues. He seems to really like it. But, it is pretty dang expensive for dog food.
    The old cliche`, you get what you pay for applies here as well. I feed my dog Blue and wouldn't have it any other way. She is extremely healthy and I credit the food as well as the vitamins I give her from here:http://www.nuvet.com/ Read the testimonials on the vitamins, pretty amazing!

I just looked at Amazon and they charge more than Petsmart, although, the prices have been going up, just like most things. I used to buy chia seeds for $5 a pound 5 years ago, now they are $10 a pound. I only use 2 tablespoons a day, but still.
    Last edited by pondsnorkeler; 08-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
    I was joeprs on BAM

ohhh, boy. Guthrie's books if i could get my hands on a pair of these...hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by pondsnorkeler View Post
    The old cliche`, you get what you pay for applies here as well. I feed my dog Blue and wouldn't have it any other way. She is extremely healthy and I credit the food as well as the vitamins I give her from here:http://www.nuvet.com/ Read the testimonials on the vitamins, pretty amazing!

I just looked at Amazon and they charge more than Petsmart, although, the prices have been going up, just like most things. I used to buy chia seeds for $5 a pound 5 years ago, now they are $10 a pound. I only use 2 tablespoons a day, but still.
    Right on! I'll check them out for sure. Thanks so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    ohhh, boy. Guthrie's books if i could get my hands on a pair of these...hmmm
    Amazon has a set for you. They were less than $20 a go.
    Plank Owner

Girlfriend bought me bathsalt so...had 4 bottles of Kneipp pure bliss mineral bath salt delivered from Amazon yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    Girlfriend bought me bathsalt so...had 4 bottles of Kneipp pure bliss mineral bath salt delivered from Amazon yesterday
    Nice, just make sure you don't snort it.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Nice, just make sure you don't snort it.
    Yeah, I hear smoking it is the way to go.

i read on wikipedia...Bath salts can be swallowed, snorted, smoked, or injected...i had mine in the water,taking a hot bath ...i have heard you can get hungry and eating homeless people from it but i only felt relaxed.

Some shots of the new cat food.

I have already mixed it 50/50 into their normal blend. They are digging it.

Plank Owner