Thread: NGD: PRS P22 Artist Package Quilt Aqua Verde Fog

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    WOW. Amazing news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
    SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!
    That is just way above and beyond.
    Incredible level of customer care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    Very cool! What a class act this company continues to be!

Agreed 100% with everything above! Above and beyond, makes me truly proud to support such a great company! My harem is actually like 85%+ PRS now too! Stuff like this just reminds me why I love supporting these folks, awesome people up there in Maryland! REALLY wishing I was going to be in town this weekend so I could go to the Experience!
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
    Just got an update this afternoon! PRS has reached out and they've offered to replace the stolen guitar for me! They're proving once again why I continue to buy guitar after guitar from them, they take excellent care of their customers! I'd like to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone over @ PRS who helped here (including Paul himself too!), they managed to turn a seriously sad situation into a happy ending for a loyal PRS lover! Thanks again for the warm words guys, I'm okay waiting for a bit for the replacement guitar, I'm just happy that big ball of stress forming in my stomach from the guitar going missing is finally able to uncoil a bit!

For as long as I'v been doing this we've never had a guitar stolen off someone's porch, so it took a while to sort all of this out. Many folks at PRS knew this was the right thing to do and they made it happen. Hang in there Matt, good things come to those who wait!

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    What a great company, and great people!
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2003 & 04 SE EG SSS | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar
    2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow
    2013 S2 Mira | 2013 CU24 | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    For as long as I'v been doing this we've never had a guitar stolen off someone's porch, so it took a while to sort all of this out. Many folks at PRS knew this was the right thing to do and they made it happen. Hang in there Matt, good things come to those who wait!

Thanks Shawn, I really do appreciate everything you guys (and you in particular as well!) have done for me over the years! Believe me when I say that as soon as I have enough for another guitar, my funds are coming right back to PRS as usual! Thank-you again!!!

Speaking of which, how about a little shot of this past year's acquisitions?!

-Matt

Amazing story! Amazing company.

Awesome!!! You guys totally rock!!!! Glad to hear things are working out Matt!
    -Bob

Wow, how did I miss this whole thread? Congrats, bogus, and totally Bangin' in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
    Just got an update this afternoon! PRS has reached out and they've offered to replace the stolen guitar for me! They're proving once again why I continue to buy guitar after guitar from them, they take excellent care of their customers! I'd like to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone over @ PRS who helped here (including Paul himself too!), they managed to turn a seriously sad situation into a happy ending for a loyal PRS lover! Thanks again for the warm words guys, I'm okay waiting for a bit for the replacement guitar, I'm just happy that big ball of stress forming in my stomach from the guitar going missing is finally able to uncoil a bit!

Oh yea!! That's awesome news my man! PRS rocks!!

I wish I could take credit Matt, but the final decision was made by folks with more clout than me.

Beautiful collection, BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I wish I could take credit Matt, but the final decision was made by folks with more clout than me.

Beautiful collection, BTW!
    HA! I hear ya dude, but I do appreciate all the help you've offered over the last few years for other items man, thanks again!

Figured I'd post an update because PRS is being incredibly awesome (not really a shocker there, right?) about this whole deal!!! I've been working with a wonderful lady @ PRS (Judy for those who might know her) and it turns out PRS is allowing me to spec out my Artist Package P22 a little differently than the one that went missing, so they said anything that was currently allowed by the AP program was fine with them!

As it turns out, there was a P22 AP RW that was sent to Willcutt and while it was still running on their eBay auction one Friday evening when it was just listed. It was incredible, literally everything about it was perfect! I called them back the next morning to buy it directly and they informed me it had JUST sold and was no longer available, someone had just missed killing the auction! I was crushed, the thing was spec'd out perfectly and everything down to the color and wood selection was just incredible! I had even posted a thread on VR asking if the person who snagged it happened to be a poster to please let me know who they were and if they ever wanted to sell it, I'd take it, but no one ever said anything so I figured she was gone for good.

So fast forward to this opportunity being offered to me by the good folks @ PRS, it's a no-brainer where this is going right? Chance to rebuild a dream production model I missed out on by less than 24 hours is here, I'm taking it! Maybe it was meant to be! Changing a few things, downgrading (ha) from an AP Quilted Maple top to an AP Flamed Maple top but changing the Mahogany neck/Ebony fretboard to an Indian Rosewood neck and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and since I already have another P22 hardtail they're letting me go with the P22 tremolo, so this is what we're looking at for the rebuild:

BODY
    Top Wood Artist Grade Flame Maple
    Back Wood Mahogany
    NECK
    # of Frets 22
    Scale Length 25”
    Neck Wood EI Rosewood
    Fretboard Wood Brazilian Rosewood
    Neck Shape Pattern
    Fretboard Inlays Artist Birds – Green Ripple outlines with Green Select centers
    Headstock Brazilian Rosewood
    HARDWARE
    Bridge PRS Tremolo
    Tuners PRS Phase III
    Truss Rod Cover Brazilian Rosewood
    Hardware Type Hybrid
    Treble Pickup P22 Treble
    Bass Pickup P22 Bass
    Pickup Switching P22
    COLOR
    Trampas Fade (pictured below):

The order will be going in on Monday (I believe) and then we play the waiting game! SO STOKED!!! PRS has managed to turn what could have easily been a terrifying, horrible scenario for me to go through into what will end up as a wonderful experience and a sterling example of a company who knows how to take care of their customers! It's no secret that I've been a serious serial buyer (the 10-12 boxes of PRS strings obtained through the Thank-You package promotions PRS has offered recently that are sitting on my guitar table can vouch for that haha) of all things PRS over the last year or so and have actually converted most of my guitars over to PRS. It is things such as this that have me feeling confident I made the right choice, and I truly appreciate PRS taking care of me like this! Thank-you to all the awesome folks at PRS who have helped make this happen, I was already a happy PRS-lover before, but you guys have won a fan for life here! I firmly believe PRS is making some of the best guitars on the market right now, and my collection of extremely playable and fantastic-sounding PRS guitars is evidence of that!
    -Matt

This is why Prs is one of the very few great companies left. They don't do what's cheapest for them, they do what is right for the customer. Paul and his staff are brilliant...

Trampas green is the only green I really like and I can't wait until you get it. Congratulations on your soon to be NGD and prs going well above and beyond. Glad everything worked out ....
    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24,2014 PRS S2 CU24,2014 Prs se CL 2014 Ibanez sir70fd
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    That is just awesome news! really cool of PRS to let you spec a whole new artist package.
    Hope your new guitar turns out to be a keeper for life!

Thanks guys, I am super thankful that PRS has been so amazing about everything, can't thank them enough!

Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie View Post
    That is just awesome news! really cool of PRS to let you spec a whole new artist package.
    Hope your new guitar turns out to be a keeper for life!
    Absolutely! Because of the nature of this guitar, I don't see her going anywhere and while that's likely a pretty bold statement from me, spec-wise there is nothing else out there that will have ALL the specs I wanted like this one so she'll be another permanent member of my PRS guitar stable! Can't wait!
    -Matt

Killer top! This guitar looks like it would taste great!!!!