Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 408MT Metal Demo

Are you kidding? Metal on PRS? Opeth all the way! haha also Nick Catanese and Mark Tremonti are pretty heavy as well.

I'm wondering about the how BRW neck actually is compared to the mahogany neck version

Quote Originally Posted by boxstop7 View Post
    I have to wonder if this particular store manager happened to work at a certain large chain store. I've visited several of this particular chain's establishments in my local area and have found by and large that the employees and managers seem to suffer from "recto-cranial disease".

Actually your dead on. She works for Long & Macquade here in Canada . I'm pretty sure she is also a piano player. Like I've always said before, don't try to give advice until you've done your homework or had experience .

Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    Sounds good and killer color on your 408.
    Thank you WEDGE! It is Black Gold Burst. With good light, it will shown its best character! This vid actually does not show that really well...
    Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    1987 Gibson Les Paul Pre-Historic '59, Fender Stratocaster American Vintage '57
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Sounds great, and I am glad I bought a 408.
    Thanks CoreyT! I am too!

Sorry for not putting any Priest in there... I have actually never play them although I really love their Painkiller album.
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    NICE !!!!
    Yea PRS can't do metal tell David Navaro and Mark Tremonti that
    Thank you! I know there are a lot of Metal players who use PRS, but none of them are using 408 (well, at least, as far as I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    No kidding!! Saw Navarro tearing it up last night!
    I have to confess, I have never heard Navarro except from his PRS signature... have to check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    The video sounded great, and great playing Suppalak!

Huge thumbs up!
    Thank you sir! Being from you, it means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
    Sounded great. You did a wonderful job. Great looking guitar too.
    Thank you Imzadi! Great looking guitar could sound brutal too!

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Awesome! Digging the tone and the playing. Certainly digging the axe. I love 408's too.
    Thank you jfb! I am quite surprise that I could not find that many reviews of the 408 on YouTube yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    Very cool!!!Nice 408!
    Thank you Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by boxstop7 View Post
    I see no reason a 408 couldn't "do" metal. When mine arrives, it immediately becomes my primary guitar for shows. I'm in a cover band, and we play pretty much anything (from Zac Brown to Blackstreet to Sublime to Weezer to Metallica to Tool). The whole reason I wanted a 408 is because, with the flick of a switch or two, it can go from "strat" to "tele" to "les paul" to "jackson" and cover it all. Kudos for sharing that it can (easily) be done!

Can't wait to rip through "Holy Wars" on my 408!!!!!!!!
    That was my reason too!

I have yet to rip any Megadeth on this beauty. I think I will start with Hangar18 tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post

Great right hand DOWN PICKING on Puppets! Nice-n-tight.
    The Mighty Het would be proud!
    Thank you sir! That was the result of 18+ years of practice!

Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    Are you kidding? Metal on PRS? Opeth all the way! haha also Nick Catanese and Mark Tremonti are pretty heavy as well.

I'm wondering about the how BRW neck actually is compared to the mahogany neck version
    I have never tried 408 with Mahogany neck. But compare my 408MT BRW to my Paul's Guitar they are quite different. 408MT being on the darker side and the Paul's Guitar on the brighter side, in their own good ways. Both are great guitars with great tone!

I actually prefer the feel on the rosewood neck. If I were living in the USA, I will definitely tried the PTC's rosewood treatment of extreme awesomeness!

Very nice work................ Digg'in the tone Dude
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by Suppalak Klabdee View Post
    Thanks CoreyT! I am too!

Sorry for not putting any Priest in there... I have actually never play them although I really love their Painkiller album.
    Look up Living After Midnight, very easy to play.
    It is their only song I know how to play the whole thing fairly decent.

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Very nice work................ Digg'in the tone Dude
    Thank you Markie! I am really digging your PS! Never thought I would actually dream of owning one until I saw your collection!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Look up Living After Midnight, very easy to play.
    It is their only song I know how to play the whole thing fairly decent.
    I will give it a try on my favorite Priest song, Painkiller!

Finally somebody helping proving my point. I've been saying it for a while now that 408's can do metal. I went from playing typical metal setup ( emg 81 & 85 ) to my Sig Limited and never looked back. Great playing by the way
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    Finally somebody helping proving my point. I've been saying it for a while now that 408's can do metal. I went from playing typical metal setup ( emg 81 & 85 ) to my Sig Limited and never looked back. Great playing by the way
    Thank you sir!