View Poll Results: How do you feel about your job?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love my job!

18 34.62%
  • I don't hate my job.

25 48.08%
  • I hate my job

5 9.62%
  • I'm retired!!!!!

4 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question....Who hates their job?

I've been pretty lucky and the majority of my jobs I have been able to choose and enjoyed. Had a couple of very cool government jobs when I was younger and a really good one for a charity. The last permanent one was an accounting position for a global copier company. Having people around me who thought photocopiers were a vital benefit to society and lived and breathed them was just too depressing so I left and went into consultancy stuff. My better half had worked for the government for a while and had gotten some good promotions, but we went mad a few years back and gave it all up to move from the UK to France to renovate her late father's house and then hopefully move on to Canada or the US. Still working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
    "Hell is other people" -Joseph Garcin
    Amen to that.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

DGT Club Vice President
    Interesting results.

mgd

DGTs

DGT Club Vice President
    Scope of the work I do? Cool.

People at work that create scope-crushing fun? No cool.

mgd

DGTs

I'm in the work to live camp, but I don't mind my job at all. Dreading going to work is no way to live (that was me for many years). I like what I do, the location, the hours and the benefits, so I'm content.

I have a pretty cool job.
    and it gives me the option to do my side projects ( pedals ) and have a few really nice guitars
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

I recently scored my dream job (vocation), it's exciting, I'll only work half the year, it pays very well, I don't have to think about it in my time off, and it doesn't revolve around selling things to people.

I Love what I do for a living but Hate the people who run the company. It has become a struggle now for me to come into work because of my situation. So it's a Love/hate thing for me. Hoping to make a change sooner than later.

as others have said, i dont hate my job, i just hate half the jerk-offs i work with. why some people insist on being miserable s.o.b.'s every waking moment of their stinkin,' filthy, worthless life's, and try to make everyone around them just like them, is beyond me. if your that unhappy and miserable, do us all a favor and pull the trigger!
    Last edited by helmi; 08-19-2013 at 08:50 AM.

I'm on week 6 of my new job and I'm very happy with it.

My old job was VERY stressful with a lot of mind games to deal with. I'm just now starting to understand just how much damage has been done to me. I dream of my old job frequently which keeps me from sleeping well. Meds the Dr has me on isn't cutting it. We need to go deeper. I've never needed help like this before and have always been stable but this is different. Very uncomfortable territory for me.

New job rocks so that's a plus!

I don't like my job. I hate the hours(rotating shifts). Under different circumstances, I might've moved to Stevensville 10 years ago. I was planning a trip out there.

The best job I ever had was in high school during the summers. I worked at a haunted house on the resort strip in VA Beach. I would hang out in the dark and scream at people, and they actually paid me to do it. I got paid under the table and had no expenses except gas for my Toyota pickup. My schedule was noon to six, so I could sleep in every day.

My current job is my second favorite that I've had. It's pretty good. I like that I have an office with a door and a window and can keep a guitar here to play during lunch. There are lots of good places to eat nearby on the off chance that I eat out. Not to mention, I have a superpower. Someone's computer will be wonky and they'll come get me, and the moment I walk in the room, the computer will behave again.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I love what I do - its very fulfilling for me. I design printed circuit boards and have been doing it since 1982. Back then we used tape on mylar - now it's all state of the art CAD systems (if you call a Windows 7 PC State of the Art?). It's just a giant video game to me. Like a complex spider web puzzle.

My fun jobs on weekends are wedding photography and deejaying.

When I retire I want to be a Golf Marshall and drive around in a cart all day with a little red flag waving in the wind.
    But, most likely - I will die at my desk doing what I do.
    Last edited by ezkahuna; 08-19-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I have a pretty sweet gig
    Yea? Ya think?
    Hahah!

DGT Club Vice President
    Being a VA Beach native, I remember the haunted house very well! Too funny!

mgd

DGTs

I don't like waiting and there are periods when that is in the job description. I try to take vacation time then. I like solving problems and there is a decent amount of that where I work.

I don't really hate my job, but I thought this was amusing:

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Sooooo... you work for the government?
    +1... 26 years of "fun". It's afforded me a decent lifestyle, met my wife here... finances the "rock star" cover band life I lead on weekends.

When I left school, I would have never thought this is where I would end up... but at the same time, with less than 10years to retirement, pension, etc. Its a little late in the game to change. with furloughs, budget cuts, manpower cuts... i'm just trying to hang in long enough to get the "gold watch"... which I'll promptly sell and reward myself with a Private Stock!
    Last edited by dadoffive; 08-22-2013 at 02:10 PM.

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    I guess I enjoy my job fairly well, but I can enjoy just about anything if I can get good at it. Some of the people I work with can ruin my day, but it's all good. I remember when I first started here, I was still working two jobs. I would browse the internet just staring at PRS guitars, thinking I would never be able to afford one. But something turned around here, and now I own three....so I am VERY grateful for my job. Plus, my job has become incredibly easy with experience, so I get a lot of time to spend here with you fine folks and discuss the things (material) that really make me happy. Cheers!!!
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut