Thread: I hate it when people do this.

I hate it when people do this.

Have you ever been looking for a PRS on craigslist and thanks to a posters use of "keywords", decided you really need to get off the couch and go nab that great deal on a Crate half-stack?

I know it's just a way to get more people to look at your crappy ad for some crap that you wouldn't want to buy anyway, but... come on.

Keywords: Amp, Amplifier, B.C Rich, Charvel, ESP, G&L, Ibanez, Music Man, Peavey, Schecter, Washburn, Brian Moore, Dean, Fernandes, Gibson, Jackson, Les Paul, OLP, Rickenbacker, Silvertone, Yamaha, Daisy Rock, Epiphone, Fender, Gretsch, Line 6, Parker, PRS, Paul Reed Smith, Strat, Stratocaster, Squier, Tele, Telecaster, Fulltone, Dunlop, Boss, Line 6, MXR

This is just a short one, I have seen ads that have literally EVERY brand of musical instruments that have ever been made "keyworded" into them.... Why? Did that work like, once?

I always find myself thinking after a search, " Do I really want a PRS guitar, or just any guitar with PRS strings?" I mean, what's the difference? Right?

/sarcasm off

It doesn't work for me, because now I can't send the seller money since I HATE him.

Yup - It makes it hard to find what you are ACTUALLY looking for!

It's gotten so bad that searching for anything without checking "search titles only" is pretty much pointless.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

On the positive side...this is the only way I ever would have found out that Squire makes a Hello Kitty mini strat that "plays just like a PRS".
    Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I can't send the seller money since I HATE him.
    Yes! I hate their face! I also hate it when I can't put together a proper thread title!

But I love the drummers shirt.

Ok, I'm not quite this angy, but you reminded me of this. 1st saw this at work because the grouchymedia version shows many things we work on. Not the best song to be humming all day at work, no matter how fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I also hate it when I can't put together a proper thread title!
    I got your back.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I got your back.
    Word! I now sound like I graduated high school!

I hate it too. End up looking at crap you don't want.

The world would be a better place if everyone did things I like and didn't do things I hate.

And that's why I should be elected President and Dictator For Life.

Incidentally, if that happens, everyone on this Forum will get a really nice faux tortoise comb with my logo on it, complete with vinyl case, absolutely free of charge, as a token of my appreciation!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I'd like to perform karate on some of the jokers that tag their ads so inappropriately. No I don't want to look at your Starcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'd like to perform karate on some of the jokers that tag their ads so inappropriately. No I don't want to look at your Starcaster.
    Karate time!
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    The world would be a better place if everyone did things I like and didn't do things I hate.
    I know, right?!

There is this guy selling a Crate V50 on Chicago CL that inspired me to start this thread. I mean, I'm sure it's not a complete piece of junk but while looking for anything on there his ad pops up. I don't want to flag him 'cause I know it's not all that big of a deal, but I admit after the 20th item I'm actually looking for that has zero to do with his amp, his ad makes me terribly annoyed.

I hate his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
    On the positive side...this is the only way I ever would have found out that Squire makes a Hello Kitty mini strat that "plays just like a PRS".
    Righ on! I'm saving my aluminum cans for a PS Hello Kitty...
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda