Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Heart Is Racing - This Is What It's Like When I Do Something Bad

Congrats Jesse - sweeeeeeet!

That's gorgeous. Sorry you aren't feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    But I'm not really agreeing with some of the features.
    Please tell me I get to spray paint that orange sparkled!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Too bad you're not loving it. Man, I'd love to rock something like that!

BTW, what's the color called? Is it natural or something else?
    Koa
    Natural
    Satin

This is my first proper go with a DGT. It was a bit off putting at first. The two volume knobs and the frets were the culprits of this. The neck carve is very comfortable. Overall the guitar feels more beefy. I joked with a friend last night that it made feel like Grissom and that it seemed to influence my playing. Those 11 gauge strings and DGT frets make you want to let a note ring and/or bend it like it's the last note you'll play. It's a very satisfying setup on an amazing example.
    Plank Owner

Those 11 gauge strings and DGT frets make you want to let a note ring and/or bend it like it's the last note you'll play. It's a very satisfying setup on an amazing example.
    Yeah man!!

Bummer you're not into it though. I love the 2 volume knobs and satin, particularly on the neck. I don't remember the frets bothering me when I tried one. Trems and gold on the other hand....not so much. I took the gold off my SC artist.

Koa
    Natural
    Satin

This is my first proper go with a DGT. It was a bit off putting at first. The two volume knobs and the frets were the culprits of this. The neck carve is very comfortable. Overall the guitar feels more beefy. I joked with a friend last night that it made feel like Grissom and that it seemed to influence my playing. Those 11 gauge strings and DGT frets make you want to let a note ring and/or bend it like it's the last note you'll play. It's a very satisfying setup on an amazing example.
    I'd give it a chance to let the ergonomics and feel sink into your hands and brain, and not be in a hurry to make a judgment about it.

Of course it's going to feel a bit foreign for a short time, but you will acclimate and you'll still be able to work with your other guitars just as well. Meantime this way you have a beautiful instrument with a flavor all its own that's not going to take a hit in value, so why not just enjoy it (seems you're starting to)?
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I'd give it a chance to let the ergonomics and feel sink into your hands and brain, and not be in a hurry to make a judgment about it.

Of course it's going to feel a bit foreign for a short time, but you will acclimate and you'll still be able to work with your other guitars just as well. Meantime this way you have a beautiful instrument with a flavor all its own that's not going to take a hit in value, so why not just enjoy it (seems you're starting to)?
    I enjoyed it plenty, but it needs a different home as I simply prefer other specs. I could try and change the features to match my preferences or just build one how I want it out the gates and with Experience coming up maybe I'll do just that.
    Plank Owner

I enjoyed it plenty, but it needs a different home as I simply prefer other specs. I could try and change the features to match my preferences or just build one how I want it out the gates and with Experience coming up maybe I'll do just that.
    Most days I would say keep it and build the one perfect for you, but today I'll let you just spectacular experience - I happen to be available as a consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    Most days I would say keep it and build the one perfect for you, but today I'll let you just spectacular experience - I happen to be available as a consultant.
    Rest assured we will have an awesome time very, very soon.
    Plank Owner