Thread: PRS 408 Artist Package Blue Fade Action!

Talking PRS 408 Artist Package Blue Fade Action!

I ended up letting my Santana RW AP Blue Fade go because I fell in love with the top and stain on this beautiful 408 AP Blue Fade and I really wanted to give the 408 pickups another shot. Well, let me tell you... I'm REALLY glad I did! They're definitely on the modern side of the pickup spectrum which is great for me as this beauty is going to be dropped down to Drop-C tuning and throwing down some metal! \m/ The neck pickup is stunning too, I find I run it in split mode 80%+ of the time because the "singlecoil"-like tones just sound fantastic on both clean and lead duties. Honestly to my ear, even with some volume and tone tweaks I don't find them to sound like true "singlecoils" (hence the quotes hehe) but that's what I figured going into it, the same way I bought a DGT for the hum tones and the split tones are just a bonus. I don't really expect to hear a strat when I plug either of those puppies in, so no disappointment here! Quite the contrary, the split hum tone is gorgeous, adds that bell-like hum tone to the mix and I really dig that! The pickups are very musical too so I can see this one getting some smooth lead time as well.

Part of my lust for the stunning Blue Fade finish is that it reminds both my wife and myself of the water in the Bahamas where we took our honeymoon last year. I decided to kick this one up a notch and had Bill Nichols make another custom truss rod cover for me with some custom inlay work, so it has my wife's name and continuing the tropical theme of the guitar I had him inlay a tropical hibiscus on there too. Came out wonderful and the wifey loves both the guitar and the TRC, so double-win for Matt! Enough chit-chat, on to the pics!

I've picked up a handful of 2012/2013 PRS in the last year and I have to tell you... not a single one was disappointing! Yet again ANOTHER winner! Just a killer, KILLER guitar in this one! I don't know about you, but I'm up for a swim all of the sudden!
    -Matt

Few more pics due to image limit (10 images seems pretty slim, eh?), LOVE the top on this one! Has some serious character to it! Tight pinstripes, big fat flame and then the wavy out of control figure towards the dark whale blue end! LOVE IT!

-Matt

That is a stunning 408 !!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Beautiful guitar, and I'm stealing that. My wife can't hate on my guitar if I put her name on it and tell her it reminds me of our honeymoon.

Nice score, congratulations.

Gorgeous, my favorite finish and pickups combined - I'm way jealous!

Wow! Stunning. Congrats.

Stunning! Congratulation!
    Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    1987 Gibson Les Paul Pre-Historic '59, Fender Stratocaster American Vintage '57
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

Beautiful! Enjoy the heck out of it.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Stunning! Congrats!

Now that sir is a stunner. Sound demo when you get it in drop c. Its going to be great

Simply gorgeous! HNGD.

Stunning Top!! I realy like the blue fade finish too. Congrats!

Yah-mon .................................................. . Sweet Guitar
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)