Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Flame is lame

  1. #41
    Junior Member tmac65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    30

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke
    The temporary "11top" made joining worth the price of admission.
    +1
    PRS Custom 24 Fender SRV Strat Fender Clapton Strat Gibson LP Studio Parker Fly Deluxe
    Egnater Tweaker Wampler Pedals
    I don't have a playing style unless you consider "freakin' hack" a style.

  2. #42
    DGT Club Vice President
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    766

    Re: Flame is lame

    Opaque finishes are where it's at.
    __________________________________________

    mgd

    DGTs

  3. #43
    Loving Life Spikedog007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    146

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke
    The temporary "11top" made joining worth the price of admission.
    This whole thread really made me laugh! I'm hoping it was all in good fun.
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    80

    Re: Flame is lame

    No I'm not lame! I have a note from my mum that confirms it

  5. #45

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedog007
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke
    The temporary "11top" made joining worth the price of admission.
    This whole thread really made me laugh! I'm hoping it was all in good fun.
    There is NO doubt about it. We love Steve a great deal. he is a dear friend to many of us. I think James (AKA Jester) might end up with a dead horses head in his bed but yes, it was all in good fun.
    One Life

  6. #46
    Loving Life Spikedog007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    146

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedog007
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke
    The temporary "11top" made joining worth the price of admission.
    This whole thread really made me laugh! I'm hoping it was all in good fun.
    There is NO doubt about it. We love Steve a great deal. he is a dear friend to many of us. I think James (AKA Jester) might end up with a dead horses head in his bed but yes, it was all in good fun.

    Well in that case...

    May I have your attention please?

    May I have your attention please?

    So won't the real 11top please stand up, please stand up, please stand up!

    Uh, were gonna have a problem here...

    :mrgreen:
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

  7. #47
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Flame is lame

    I believe that the real 11top has officially arrived to the Forum
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  8. #48

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by markie
    I believe that the real 11top has officially arrived to the Forum
    Prove it!
    One Life

  9. #49
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Flame is lame

    Only Steve can prove he's actually here!

    Hmm............... I guess James could prove that he's not :twisted:
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  10. #50
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by markie
    I believe that the real 11top has officially arrived to the Forum
    Prove it!
    Sh*tter's full

  11. #51
    Junior Member gear_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    87

    Re: Flame is lame

    Welcome! I should have known it was an imposter by the signature used.

  12. #52
    Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Yorba Linda, CA, USA
    Posts
    208

    Re: Flame is lame

    How will we ever really know for sure, now that our world has been shattered.
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

  13. #53
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Flame is lame

    Welcome to the Forum 11top :mrgreen:
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  14. #54
    Senior Member Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    221

    Re: Flame is lame

    Steve,

    I must say I am shocked and, yes, hurt by the accusation in your signature. Not only is it patently untrue, but it is in clear violation of Sections 1 and 3 of the Offical Forum Rules to which you/I expressly agreed and consented when you/I registered your username.

    Remove the offending text immediately, or I warn you, I will be forced to call Hans and request that you be banned.

    James

    PS: Just messing with you again, welcome to the forum Buddy :mrgreen:

  15. #55
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    Steve,

    I must say I am shocked and, yes, hurt by the accusation in your signature. Not only is it patently untrue, but it is in clear violation of Sections 1 and 3 of the Offical Forum Rules to which you/I expressly agreed and consented when you/I registered your username.

    Remove the offending text immediately, or I warn you, I will be forced to call Hans and request that you be banned.

    James

    PS: Just messing with you again, welcome to the forum Buddy :mrgreen:
    Duly noted. Sig corrected.
    Sh*tter's full

  16. #56

    Re: Flame is lame

    All humor aside (as if), it does raise an interesting question in my mind. Has there ever been an opaque Private Stock? If not, could there be and what would it look like?
    John de Sousa
    (athancreed)

  17. #57
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by ReigningGlory
    All humor aside (as if), it does raise an interesting question in my mind. Has there ever been an opaque Private Stock? If not, could there be and what would it look like?

    There are a few of them around........
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  18. #58
    Senior Member Jazzedout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    215

    Re: Flame is lame

    First one that comes in mind is a silver singlecut with a humbucker/P90 configuration and a rosewood neck IIRC...
    1992 PRS Cu24 Tortoise Shell, "10",Birds, Reg Neck
    2005 PRS 513 Brazilian Rosewood Orange

  19. #59

    Re: Flame is lame

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzedout
    First one that comes in mind is a silver singlecut with a humbucker/P90 configuration and a rosewood neck IIRC...
    I'd love to see that! What a cool combination!
    John de Sousa
    (athancreed)

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Manchester, Maryland
    Posts
    535
    Tone-wise, also...I used to sell PRS guitars and had a few different customers swear by the fullness of tone on the "solid" colors, as opposed to the figured tops...I guess one way to tell is A/B two exact model guitars , except for the finish...? A few of those were bolts and they really chimed beautifully...Could have been just the right combination of everything.
    Of course, I just acquired a Seafoam swamp 513, and she really is beautiful!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •