Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD - P22 ...but slight issue.

Hmm decisions, decisions. They didn't have another one this color, so I'd had to go with something else if I sent it back. so that's the tough part.

I keep looking at the photos, and I have no idea what you see that's bothering you. Looks good to me.

Hmmmmm.......Maybe it depends on whose behind you see.
    Sh*tter's full

I wouldn't see a butt without being prompted to look for it.
    I like the guitar.

I don't see it. Sorry, man
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

I'll probably give it a little time and decide. It shows up more when the light hits it a certain way.

Put a jockstrap on it to make it look more masculine? Just an idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
    Sergio, actually I'm more of an A gal, but on guys.
    I might be crazy, (ok, leave out the might) but I think he's saying he's a she, and she doesn't like a girls butt on her guitar. A guys butt would be more palatable, but a guys T's would be straight out.

I showed it to 4 guys at work. No one saw it until I said something. Same for me. But Hans is right, if it bugs you get something that doesn't. Changing a first impression is only slightly easier than changing the grain on that guitar.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I dig it Imzadi but I like interesting tops as opposed to perfect uniformity...

Name that dude Riker and engage...

it wouldn't bother me at all, i think it's beautiful. but then again, i didn't pay for it, you did.

I guess as long as it doesn't have a pimple on one of the cheeks, it's more like "character". The other thing is it's green rather than some fleshy looking color, so it may just be you've got a dirty mind... and apparently have a thing for leprechauns.

I'd keep it just because it's a bit unique. I grabbed my Custom 24 specifically because it's a 1 piece top/back rather than book matched 2 piece. It's not a 10-top, but the 1 pieces are a lot harder to find. 10-tops are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
    Yeah that's true. I just wondered if it would bother anyone else.
    As it is very likely that guitars are shaped the way that they are because of artists' admiration of the beauty of the human female shape, most of us probably find the shape of a guitar pleasing because it looks like...well...just what you think this guitar looks like. Whether it's too much of a good thing...well that's a matter of taste. I think she is beautiful...(and yes I think of all guitars as female).
    For as long as we may think as we will and speak as we
    think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement.
    Thomas Jefferson

What Is Body Dysmorphic Disorder?

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is a condition that involves obsessions, which are distressing thoughts that repeatedly intrude into a person's awareness. With BDD, the distressing thoughts are about perceived appearance flaws.
    People with BDD might focus on what they think is a facial flaw, but they can also worry about other body parts, such as short legs, breast size, or body shape. Just as people with eating disorders obsess about their weight, those with BDD become obsessed over an aspect of their appearance. They may worry their hair is thin, their face is scarred, their eyes aren't exactly the same size, their nose is too big, or their lips are too thin.
    BDD has been called "imagined ugliness" because the appearance issues the person is obsessing about usually are so small that others don't even notice them. Or, if others do notice them, they consider them minor. But for someone with BDD, the concerns feel very real, because the obsessive thoughts distort and magnify any tiny imperfection. With guitar sound and feel is everything so...how does it sound?
    Last edited by swede71; 08-21-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I might be crazy, (ok, leave out the might) but I think he's saying he's a she, and she doesn't like a girls butt on her guitar. A guys butt would be more palatable, but a guys T's would be straight out.

I showed it to 4 guys at work. No one saw it until I said something. Same for me. But Hans is right, if it bugs you get something that doesn't. Changing a first impression is only slightly easier than changing the grain on that guitar.
    Sorry about that. Yes, that is what I was trying to say. That's the problem sometimes when I try to be clever. Yes,I'm female not male, and would prefer not to have a girls behind on my guitar.

I just wasn't sure how much it would bother me. And I guess I wanted to know how obvious it was to other people, and if it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBirds View Post
    I guess as long as it doesn't have a pimple on one of the cheeks, it's more like "character". The other thing is it's green rather than some fleshy looking color, so it may just be you've got a dirty mind... and apparently have a thing for leprechauns.

I'd keep it just because it's a bit unique. I grabbed my Custom 24 specifically because it's a 1 piece top/back rather than book matched 2 piece. It's not a 10-top, but the 1 pieces are a lot harder to find. 10-tops are all over the place.
    Only have a thing for leprechauns if they have a pot of gold attached. The dirty mind....that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    What Is Body Dysmorphic Disorder?

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is a condition that involves obsessions, which are distressing thoughts that repeatedly intrude into a person's awareness. With BDD, the distressing thoughts are about perceived appearance flaws.
    People with BDD might focus on what they think is a facial flaw, but they can also worry about other body parts, such as short legs, breast size, or body shape. Just as people with eating disorders obsess about their weight, those with BDD become obsessed over an aspect of their appearance. They may worry their hair is thin, their face is scarred, their eyes aren't exactly the same size, their nose is too big, or their lips are too thin.
    BDD has been called "imagined ugliness" because the appearance issues the person is obsessing about usually are so small that others don't even notice them. Or, if others do notice them, they consider them minor. But for someone with BDD, the concerns feel very real, because the obsessive thoughts distort and magnify any tiny imperfection. With guitar sound and feel is everything so...how does it sound?
    But I'm not the guitar. lol The guitar sounds and feels good. I haven't really had much of a chance to really put it through its paces yet.

If it feels right and sounds great you should definitely keep it.If you send it back you can have another guitar coming with a "perfect flametop" that sounds totally dead.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

I still think anyone looking at that guitar who sees a tush has an overactive imagination.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I'm a fan of unique tops. The perfectly mirrored book matches are nice, but sometimes the real beauty is in the imperfections. Look at spalted maple and bear claw spruce, the randomness is the attraction.

Play it with your eyes closed. Does it speak to you? A 'perfect' top may not. Either way I would not let it go until you found something you clearly love to replace it.

Disclaimer: my avatar in no way influenced my opinion...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Thanks guys for helping me keep perspective.