Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond in the "Rough"

Diamond in the "Rough"

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Picked up this 2004 CE22 over the weekend. Hardware was corroded(I for one am not a fan of the relic'd look) the body was a sea of swirls and the frets and fret board were in need of some much needed TLC. The strings weren't even on properly. Not abused, but not shown a whole lot of attention either. After quite a bit of work, along with doing a proper setup, I am happy with the result. The guitar sounds great and I am really impressed with the Dragon 11 pickups.
    PRS CE 22 Whale Blue / PRS DC3 Vintage Burst / PRS SE Custom 24 Whale Blue / Fender American Special Stratocaster / Fender Telecaster Thinline Deluxe / Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro / Epiphone ES-339 Pro / Ovation Legend 2077 AX / Fender Super Champ X2 / Fender Acoustasonic 100

Great score! She cleans up nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    Great score! She cleans up nicely!
    Thanks! She turned out even better than I could have expected!
    PRS CE 22 Whale Blue / PRS DC3 Vintage Burst / PRS SE Custom 24 Whale Blue / Fender American Special Stratocaster / Fender Telecaster Thinline Deluxe / Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro / Epiphone ES-339 Pro / Ovation Legend 2077 AX / Fender Super Champ X2 / Fender Acoustasonic 100

You did a great job bringing 'er back!
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

Lookin' good!

Sweet !!!!!
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    You did a great job bringing 'er back!
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Lookin' good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    Sweet !!!!!
    Thanks guys!! I currently have it setup with 10's. It originally came from the factory setup with 9's. I wonder why? I was a little surprised. I thought PRS setup all their solid body's with 10's.

Some people pay extra for that sort of thing!

Can I get 1st dibs? That's a very sweet looking guitar. I'm an opaque paint kind of guy but there are a few transparents that get me, McCarty Burst and Whale Blue being the main two.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Nice catch! I love those pups too... My CU22 has those in it.
    ~ Matt

PRS Custom 22 | PRS Stripped 58 | Jackson Soloist XL | HXDA Head and 2x12 Stealth Cab

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Some people pay extra for that sort of thing!

Can I get 1st dibs? That's a very sweet looking guitar. I'm an opaque paint kind of guy but there are a few transparents that get me, McCarty Burst and Whale Blue being the main two.
    Thanks John but I think I might be holding on to this one for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekunda View Post
    Nice catch! I love those pups too... My CU22 has those in it.
    Matt, I had read some love/hate reviews on the Dragon 2's. They will be staying put! I really feel they work on this guitar.

Awesome stuff. Nice work and congrats on the score.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Awesome stuff. Nice work and congrats on the score.
    Thanks! Added a new set of lamp shades so now [IMG][/IMG]I think I'm officially finished!

Nice addition. I love the lampshade knobs.
    Plank Owner

Great score man! Looks very nice! I kinda think the wide-fat CEs are fairly uncommon too, at least Ive never found one.

In 2004 almost all new PRS guitars came with 9s, they went to factory 10s about the time DGTs were starting to buzz IIRC, around the Experience in '07 when the solid color Cu24s with zebra 7s came out.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidhamster View Post
    Great score man! Looks very nice! I kinda think the wide-fat CEs are fairly uncommon too, at least Ive never found one.

In 2004 almost all new PRS guitars came with 9s, they went to factory 10s about the time DGTs were starting to buzz IIRC, around the Experience in '07 when the solid color Cu24s with zebra 7s came out.
    Thanks!!

Even better! Every old PRS should be refitted with lampshades.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Even better! Every old PRS should be refitted with lampshades.
    Plank Owner

Nice find! CE22s are great playing and sounding. The DIIs are killer. I changed the knobs on mine too (cream speeds).
    Joe ... They say having a dark side will lead to no good... I certainly hope so!
    PRS: '11 MC58 Artist; '07 CE22 || Ovation: '06 Elite-T 1868T || Martin: '12 GPCPA4 RW || Epiphone: '12 ES-339 Pro || Bradley: '77 Les Paul Custom || Squier: '99 Precision Bass

Nice! congrats on the find.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
    Matt, I had read some love/hate reviews on the Dragon 2's. They will be staying put! I really feel they work on this guitar.
    Yeah, some people like them, some don't. But that's what this game is all about... finding what works for you and taking advantage of that.

I love the 57/08s in my Stripped 58 as well, but they re completely different monsters
    ~ Matt

PRS Custom 22 | PRS Stripped 58 | Jackson Soloist XL | HXDA Head and 2x12 Stealth Cab