Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I know how this whole honeymoon phase works with new guitars so I'm going to hold off making few comments for a week or so.
    I thought it over a month ago. I thought it this morning. I pulled out my heaviest hitting guitars today and played them all side by side. I confirmed what I knew to be true all along. This is the best sounding guitar in the house. The only thing that comes close is the Raven with a Deep Dish 2 in the treble position.
    One Life

Wow! That's saying something!
    -Bob

I just put down my SAS with uncovered 53/10's, 1-piece trem, and Artist Tweaks (with the new-style nut) by Kung Fu Master Skitchy Zimmers. That guitar is amazing in every way. It was king of the pile for quite some time and I still prefer it's neck pup (split) over the White Rabbit's Tele. But When I put it down and plug in the White Rabbit I can't help but say "WOW" every single time with the treble pup dimed.

I think the narrow 408 treble pup from Paul's Guitar and the 25th Anniversary amp circuit are a match made in heaven.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 09-28-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    One Life

Bangin'!

The guitar party continues.

DC22 with 59/09's is such a bad ass guitar and I have to say, it almost hangs with the White Rabbit for tone. And it's such a great weight/feel. Guess I better dig out my Westy with uncovered 59/09's and see how things shake out.

To be continued...
    One Life

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    If you find one sweeter than the narrow 408 treble, please let me know!

I never thought any guitar could /would unseat my McRosie with 53/10s until the Paul's came to town and sat right down on the iron throne...

I played my PG today. What an amazing instrument!

The guitar party continues.

DC22 with 59/09's is such a bad ass guitar and I have to say, it almost hangs with the White Rabbit for tone. And it's such a great weight/feel. Guess I better dig out my Westy with uncovered 59/09's and see how things shake out.

To be continued...
    Sounds like a rock and roll Saturday. I love gear days.
    Plank Owner

I think the narrow 408 treble pup from Paul's Guitar and the 25th Anniversary amp circuit are a match made in heaven.
    I can't say that I agree with this statement Hans.

I'd better get me a 25th circuit amp and check the facts

I just put down my SAS with uncovered 53/10's, 1-piece trem, and Artist Tweaks (with the new-style nut) by Kung Fu Master Skitchy Zimmers. That guitar is amazing in every way. It was king of the pile for quite some time and I still prefer it's neck pup (split) over the White Rabbit's Tele. But When I put it down and plug in the White Rabbit I can't help but say "WOW" every single time with the treble pup dimed.

I'll tell you what my problem is reading this: I lack context.

I haven't had the honor of jamming with anyone here, or even listening to most members play, So unless clips are posted, I have no idea if someone's idea of great tone dovetails with my own. Clips can help.

F'rinstance:

Aristotle posted some clips of two of his guitars with the DG30. Beyond the fact that I dug the amp, I also got to listen to the tone coming from the guitars, and while both were very cool, one of them truly struck my ear as "wow, that guitar has some special sauce I dig." The music wasn't the style I play, but I still got to hear the potential of the guitar. And that was pretty cool. Some of the clips Chris has posted really help me to put his guitar taste into perspective, too. Tag has always done a terrific job with clips, going back to TGP. I understand where he's coming from. Now that I understand their musical tastes a little bit, I can put their posts into better perspective. And there have been other great clips from other members. Don't even get me started on Maplebaby's material, just wonderful stuff.

That's why I posted my admittedly lame playing and material in a couple of threads. Just so people can get an idea of the context of my opinions.

I'd love to hear the White Rabbit! Pics are good, but old LSchef needs to hear the thing!
    Last edited by LSchefman; 09-29-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Hans, I have played and enjoyed the SAS and the Raven...... If the Rabbit has them licked that's really something!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I'll tell you what my problem is reading this: I lack context.

I'd love to hear the White Rabbit! Pics are good, but old LSchef needs to hear the thing!
    PM me your address. I'll ship it to you.
    One Life

PM me your address. I'll ship it to you.
    That's a wonderful offer, but I'd be WAY too nervous about playing or being in charge of someone else's guitar. Seriously.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Great to hear how much you are liking it Hans.

This guitar needs it's cousins "Red Pill" and "Blue Pill" built.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    This guitar needs it's cousins "Red Pill" and "Blue Pill" built.
    Well get on it, Jesse!
    One Life

Well get on it, Jesse!
    I have some ideas. It'll take a while though. Other things are nipping at me.

I has the GAS!!!
    Plank Owner

So Hans............When are we going to see a YouTube video of this beast??? Haha!

I want one.