Thread: Faux Bone Tuner Buttons

Question Faux Bone Tuner Buttons

Thinking of putting the Faux Bone tuner buttons on my McCarty 25th - anything to making the switch?

I am assuming that I just unscrew the screw out of the end of the existing buttons and then slide the new ones on and re-insert the screw, yes?

Anything to watch out for or be aware of?

(I realize I need to get the Phase II version)
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

I think you need to remove all tension (i.e. unwind the string) before changing the buttons. Other than that, nothing I know about. I've changed a few aha haven't had any other issues, assuming the buttons fit.

As long as it is the Schaller M6 mini it should go straight onto the Phase 2. I only slackened off the tension a bit and all was fine. It helps to keep your finger on the other end of the shaft in the tuner body as it can start to slide out a bit.

I planned on getting the buttons PRS sells, so fit shouldn't be an issue ... Was just wondering if it was tricky to do or not.

Thanks