Thread: S2 Hollowbody

S2 Hollowbody

Does anyone else want an S2 Hollowbody?
    DGT Secretary of Space

Interesting. I wonder what type of production changes they'd have to work out to make this happen. I'm sure it's mental torture at the very least.
    Plank Owner

Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Depends.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

OMG!!! You can't just put a thread title like this!!!! I about wet my pants with excitement and now I am crying from disappointment...
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Exactly what I meant.

I really want an S2 version of the SE Custom Semi-Hollow. I don't care about the pickups. I have a set of 53/10s waiting for a guitar like that. Maybe 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by dsenoj View Post
    I really want an S2 version of the SE Custom Semi-Hollow. I don't care about the pickups. I have a set of 53/10s waiting for a guitar like that. Maybe 2014?
    Beveled top, trem option and no pickguard?

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I'd love to see something along these lines. Have also been wondering if they might change to a bevel on the SE semi, since it's one of the few that still has a flat top. Maybe with a Bigsby, like the special SE run? S2 seems like a great place for some more "line exclusive" models.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Now you got me thinking...maybe the USA style f-holes would show up here if they do make it?

Quote Originally Posted by dsenoj View Post
    If there's any hope in an S2, semi-hollow would be the way to go. A lot of labor and materials go into the Hollowbody models. I could see a semi-hollow mahogany body, beveled maple top, single f-hole. Other features could basically be an S2 version of the CU22. It would probably run more $$$ than the S2 CU24, though.
    --Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    If there's any hope in an S2, semi-hollow would be the way to go. A lot of labor and materials go into the Hollowbody models. I could see a semi-hollow mahogany body, beveled maple top, single f-hole. Other features could basically be an S2 version of the CU22. It would probably run more $$$ than the S2 CU24, though.
    if they'd go with flat-top instead of archtop, they could possible make it stay in the S2 24's price. I'm just guessing here, since the SE Semi-Hollow and the SE 24 are quite similar in price.