Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My beloved : iPhone 5

My beloved : iPhone 5

I've had my iPhone 5 since release day and believe she just died. Hopefully she wakes up. I'm giving it a few hours before replacement.

Bummer.
    Last edited by jfb; 08-28-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Plank Owner

You gotta limp along until the GOLD one comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    You gotta limp along until the GOLD one comes out!
    Sept 10! I'm counting the days!

I'll be ordering a Iphone 5s as soon as the preorder opens.

My wife is already eyeing my 5! I'm the alpha geek - so I get the new one, she gets the "hand me down".
    Last edited by Rango; 08-28-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

As a techy I thought you would have had a better phone choice, Jesse! :P LOL
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    As a techy I thought you would have had a better phone choice, Jesse! :P LOL
    Believe it or not I can't stand other phones. But yes I was the first guy in STL with a T-Mobile G1.
    Plank Owner

Turns out my battery borked.

Apple Store replaced it and I'm back up and running.

Awesome!
    Plank Owner

I'm about to upgrade my iphone. Don't know if I should do the 5s, or just get a 5 while they work the kinks out of the 5s?

I'm still using a 4. It's a really nice phone, and mine's in perfect shape. I like it and see absolutely no advantage to getting a new one.

I got my wife a 5 and a new iPad for her birthday last winter, and have no urge for either one.

Early adopters...yeah, I was the first guy I knew to have a cell phone in my car. I think it was the early 80s...the phone was HUGE, this big box that lived in the trunk, and a handset on the console. LOL
    Last edited by LSchefman; 08-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I love my SonyEricsson w302.My next phone will be a MyPhone
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm about to upgrade my iphone. Don't know if I should do the 5s, or just get a 5 while they work the kinks out of the 5s?
    I'd score the newest model available that met my budget. I get all of the latest models due to business need, but generally find I want to upgrade anyway. I use my phone so much I feel I get my money's worth. Upgrading also means I can sell my old phone. Used iPhones sell very well making the upgrade even cheaper.
    Plank Owner

Word is Apple is going to do a trade-in program this time around. That's not official, but it's interesting.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Any one want to trade an iPhone 5 for an AT&T Galaxy 4S? Needs to be an AT&T iPhone. Thanks.

I have had the 4, 4S and now the 5. I don't know if I will upgrade to the 5S or not. I am really hoping soon Apple will come out with an iPhone with a somewhat larger screen. I would be on that in a minute. I am still not enamored with the iPhones virtual keyboard. There are still times I miss the keyboard on my Blackberry!!
    PRS CE 22 Whale Blue / PRS DC3 Vintage Burst / PRS SE Custom 24 Whale Blue / Fender American Special Stratocaster / Fender Telecaster Thinline Deluxe / Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro / Epiphone ES-339 Pro / Ovation Legend 2077 AX / Fender Super Champ X2 / Fender Acoustasonic 100

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Word is Apple is going to do a trade-in program this time around. That's not official, but it's interesting.
    I'm hoping for the trade-in deal, although my old 4 probably won't bring a lot of money even though it's in good shape.

I'm hoping for the trade-in deal, although my old 4 probably won't bring a lot of money even though it's in good shape.
    Wipe it clean and eBay it. I bet your surprised at what it fetches.
    Plank Owner

So, is it correct the you have to connect an iPhone to a PC or other computer to configure it and install apps and stuff?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    So, is it correct the you have to connect an iPhone to a PC or other computer to configure it and install apps and stuff?
    Not at all... you can do everything from the phone, and do your backups to iCloud for free. But if you want to add your own music to the phone, then you need to connect to a computer with iTunes on it to sync. Otherwise you can buy music and download it to the phone from iTunes store.
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

Here is a website/company that will buy your old phones...

http://www.gazelle.com/iphone/
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    As of iOS 5 devices can stand alone. iCloud doesn't back up everything but it does a pretty good job if you are living in the Apple environment already.
    Plank Owner

Have you tried Gazelle? I believe they (or a similar reseller) have in-store presence at Target and Best Buy, even. You'll be surprised at how much you can get for it.