Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: im looking for a white prs with no signature on it!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    58

    im looking for a white prs with no signature on it!

    the dave navarro guitar is absolutley beautiful!!! but why cant i find a prs se custom double cutaway in white thats not a dave navarro model?! does he own the rights to that color?! i just dont get it. the only other white prs guitars i see are the single cutaway. and its really annoying. btw, i dont want the curved body style. i am just looking for a basic korean model. flat body, moon inlays, no special bells or whistles. i just want the same guitar i have, but in white. i am assuming they dont make this model in white? i simply dont want anyones signature name on it. even if it had silver or black hardware, id still take it.

    do i have to custom order one in white? and how much would that cost? i just dont understand why they only come in a few colors. black, "blue", tobacco sunburst, or red sunburst, or gray.

    http://www.thestratshack.co.uk/?prod...s-se-custom-22
    this is the color i have.

    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEDNJW
    this is the color i seek.




    thanks guys and gals.

  2. #2
    *** paging jet whitey ***
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

  3. #3
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    How about a little white paint......
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Driffield. U.K
    Posts
    408
    Send one to Sergio.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    597
    I feel you man, sometimes there are things that you just can't accept in a singlecut!

    I'm afraid they don't make the SEs with flat-tops anymore apart from the Mahoney model and Torero. They're all coming in with the bevelled top, just like on the singlecuts. There's only white for the SE 245 in the current SE, since the Navarro model is out of the equation. Of course the Torero comes in Jet White too (last year?), but that's a very different story. For the Custom-shaped doublecuts though, you need to go to STC Your best bet would be to search around for used ones. There's the white SE Soapbar II, or the older Santana SE with the pickguard, or even the SE EG, which comes with singlecoils.

    Why not just accept the Navarro signature and have yourself a white doublecut?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Michael B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saratoga Springs New York
    Posts
    925
    Get the Navarro and repaint the headstock
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    295
    You're not going to get a custom color on a SE model and Antique White is about as good as it gets on an US model.
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    I feel you man, sometimes there are things that you just can't accept in a singlecut!

    I'm afraid they don't make the SEs with flat-tops anymore apart from the Mahoney model and Torero. They're all coming in with the bevelled top, just like on the singlecuts. There's only white for the SE 245 in the current SE, since the Navarro model is out of the equation. Of course the Torero comes in Jet White too (last year?), but that's a very different story. For the Custom-shaped doublecuts though, you need to go to STC Your best bet would be to search around for used ones. There's the white SE Soapbar II, or the older Santana SE with the pickguard, or even the SE EG, which comes with singlecoils.

    Why not just accept the Navarro signature and have yourself a white doublecut?
    thanks for answering my question. i dont know its just the way i am i guess that i dont want to play somebody elses signature model. oddly enough i have a gibson LES PAUL and a PAUL REED SMITH which their names are clearly on it.

    what is "STC"? and what, or who is Torero? is that somebody elses signature too?

    also i dont know anything about the soapbar pickups, how do they sound? im really into high gain metal and anything less than a true prs stock humbucker wont cut it. (im assuming the soapbar is out of the equation)
    Last edited by guitarfan85; 09-01-2013 at 01:44 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    You're not going to get a custom color on a SE model and Antique White is about as good as it gets on an US model.
    thanks for answering my question. but its ashame they dont have more colors you would think white would in the options list.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarfan85 View Post
    what is "STC"? and what, or who is Torero? is that somebody elses signature too?
    STC is referring to Sergio, he does a lot of custom work on his guitars.

    Torero is an Floyd Rose equipped SE model
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  11. #11
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Yeah, I really was wanting a Bowling Ball swirl myself................ It just doesn't make sense & totally unfair!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  12. #12
    Senior Member garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,013
    White is in general a tough color to come by in a PRS. The transparent finishes get a lot of love. I'm sure to keep the price down, the SE's are limited to what they determine would be most popular.

    I have a white SE Soapbar II. Great looking and playing guitar and could definitely do the metal thing with a pickup swap. Dimarzio make some high-output buckers that fit in the P-90 slots.
    --Garrett--

  13. #13
    Member axe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    149
    Did you ask ptc if the dn name can be removed.i have a dave Navarro my selv.and i'm not a fan.but i love the white guitar.and it sounds insane,love it.dont hurt to ask .good luck.
    CUSTOM 24 BLUE CRAB FOG,CUSTOM 24 FLAME ORANGE,2012 DAVE NAVARRO,2011 TREMONTI, LINE 6 AMP 15 WATT,BLACKSTAR HT5RW X2/BLACKSTAR HT5MR/METAL AMP..Marshall dsl 15.prs coffee mug.prs Guitar picks.

  14. #14
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    427
    I was in the same boat wanting a white custom 24. They exist in the USA models but I did buy a Navarro because I found one with a Brazilian fingerboard. It also helps that all I had to do was replace the truss rod cover. Installed a gold set of covered Bare Knuckles and love it. Save up and find a good deal on a Maryland made model. You won't regret it.
    2014Private Stock Custom 24,'14 Tremonti Artist,'13 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist,'10 Private Stock Custom 24,'12 Custom 22 Artist, '12 Tremonti one-off,2007/13 McCarty Korina,'13 408 10Top, '11 Custom24 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarfan85 View Post
    thanks for answering my question. i dont know its just the way i am i guess that i dont want to play somebody elses signature model. oddly enough i have a gibson LES PAUL and a PAUL REED SMITH which their names are clearly on it.

    what is "STC"? and what, or who is Torero? is that somebody elses signature too?

    also i dont know anything about the soapbar pickups, how do they sound? im really into high gain metal and anything less than a true prs stock humbucker wont cut it. (im assuming the soapbar is out of the equation)
    Seems like Chris had answered for the STC, go on and search for Sergio's threads! The SE Torero is the metal guitar that PRS makes. Comes with the Floyd Rose System, 25.5 inch scale and EMGs, It's a little different from the PRS doublecuts, but if you like it, why not?



    If you're not a fan of Floyd Rose, it'll be out of the equation as well...

    Soapbars are like singlecoil-humbucker crossbreeds, fatter and hotter sounding than vintage strat singlecoils, but not as powerful as humbuckers. Soapbars hum a lot, so unless you're planning on switching them for the Dimarzio's soapbar-sized Super Distortion P90, they won't do any good for you since you play high-gain metal.

    Sadly, that leaves you with the Navarro model only. But if you're willing to shell out a bit more cash, the S2 Custom 24 will work!


  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    58
    I've really been thinking about saving up for the s2. But its still antique white and not jet white..

    Now I saw a jet white PRS se double cut soapbar ll I saw for about 200 bucks in eBay and I let it slip now I regret it.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    597
    well, if you can get past the yellowish look, it'll be fine if jet white is the only way to go, just get the SE DN and get the headstock done

  18. #18
    Senior Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    415
    Slightly trans but still "whiter" than antique white...

    http://worldguitars.co.uk/nf3-2011-s...tewash-171257/

    Put a sticker on the headstock and you're done.
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    597
    Wait, what?! Wow, new NF3 for 1399. That's some real "steal" over there.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    Wait, what?! Wow, new NF3 for 1399. That's some real "steal" over there.
    That one's expensive. Two dealers had them recently at 999. Obviously they sold quickly at that price though!
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •