Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question - New PRS

If you don't want to do any installation, I'd check out the Dunlop Ergo Lok.

I actually bought a pair of those and had forgotten about it. I will check them out.
    Gregory

2013 PRS Paul's Guitar Dirty Blue Jean | 2009 Martin OM-28 Marquis
    2013 Mesa Boogie Express Plus 5:50 + Cab | 2013 Marshall AS100D

I have a mix of Schaller and Dunlop...I like the Schallers better, but have a few guitars that have custom built dunlop buttons...so I am forced to mix. THe only thing I dont like about the dunlops is the pin on the strap, always worried I will ding something with it the way it protrudes from the strap end...(although I am sure the schaller will ding something up just as easily...)

Thanks for all the opinions. I purchased a pair of Loxx and plan to install them this weekend. That said, now that I have played around with the PRS buttons, they are pretty secure in their own right. I would have to almost rip the strap to get it past that head.
    Gregory

Installed the Loxx strap locks and 5 minutes time. Boy, these are very nice and easy to install and use. By far superior to the other locks I had used in the past.
    Gregory

I dont always use straplocks, but when I do, I prefer schaller. Dunlop has let go on a couple cheaper guitars for me over the years, but to be fair, I've always gotten my straplocked guitars out of a pawn shop - so who knows how worn out they were. The Schallers stick best for me, of course I always mind their orientation.

Of course, if you can only afford Beer OR straplocks, then Grolsch has your back....

That little red washer will lock your strap on tight enough itll be irritating getting your strap off....Actually you might have to unscrew the strap button entirely. But it works amazingly and it can be pretty fun to make
    Last edited by rabidhamster; 09-21-2013 at 01:20 PM.