Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: None More Black

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post
    That is a killer line up. You waited to long to post that one!
    Thanks! They took a long time to collect!

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    This is a truly cunning strategy to keep the wife from noticing new guitars.
    LOL! Hasn't been easy.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    295
    Not my cup of tea....but I guess they're ok....LOL
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  4. #24
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Dude......................... Those are way cool
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  5. #25
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,913
    Awesome! There is another black PRS that would be interesting to add to your collection if you can find it.....Sam Ash did a limited run of all hog CE22's in 1994...three way switching...McCarty PUP's....I believe these particular pickups may have been wound by Fralin...still to this day one of the most monstrous sounding PRS I've played.

    Absolutely Fantastic collection!

    figured I would help ignite another bout of GAS!

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11
    My 2006 custom 24 and both my fender reissue strats are all black. We're surely a minority as most people would pick any trans/burst color over black, to see your affinity for black PRS is really astounding. Thanks for sharing your collection!

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    Not my cup of tea....but I guess they're ok....LOL
    Very funny, Whitey! :-)

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Awesome! There is another black PRS that would be interesting to add to your collection if you can find it.....Sam Ash did a limited run of all hog CE22's in 1994...three way switching...McCarty PUP's....I believe these particular pickups may have been wound by Fralin...still to this day one of the most monstrous sounding PRS I've played.

    Absolutely Fantastic collection!

    figured I would help ignite another bout of GAS!
    Oh, you're killing me! The only models I might be tempted by now is a black Archtop with moons or a black SC-58. Thanks for your good words. Took a long time to get here.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by bowo View Post
    My 2006 custom 24 and both my fender reissue strats are all black. We're surely a minority as most people would pick any trans/burst color over black, to see your affinity for black PRS is really astounding. Thanks for sharing your collection!
    Thanks for your nice comment. I've got an ME 1, but they didn't make them in black. And they only came with birds. :-(

  10. #30
    Senior Member watelessness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    You, sir, certainly know how to smell the glove!
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

  11. #31
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,198
    That's awesome man! I need to give my black McStandard some love. She's been locked away for some time now.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    You, sir, certainly know how to smell the glove!
    LOL! You should get bonus points for that!

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    That's awesome man! I need to give my black McStandard some love. She's been locked away for some time now.
    Take her out. She's lonely.

  14. #34
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    753
    Love the black.....my blackened DGT/Bare Knuckle Miracle Man black covered pups.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    2014Private Stock Modern Eagle Brazzy,'14'Private Stock MCSC McCarty Singlecut Frostbite Glow ,'13 SC245 Artist,'15 CU24 Artist,'12 Custom 22 Artist,'15 Waring Sig 10Top, '12 Tremonti one-off,2007/13 McCarty Korina,'13 408 10Top, '11 Custom24 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'07 CU24 w/Burnt Chrome 53/10's,EVH 5150 combo, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles beyond counting

  15. #35
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    7,418
    That is so badass.

  16. #36
    Junior Member ekul785's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    18
    What's the Miracle Man like in the DGT? Never seen black covers like that either, they look awesome!

  17. #37
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    753
    I've been blown away by every model of BK that I've tried. The best way I can describe the sound of these is halfway between active EMG's and the pups in my Les Paul Custom. Super fat bottom end, nice midrange punch, effortless harmonics and when you dial back the volume and/or gain you get great clarity and tone. Think Zakk Wylde in his Pride and Glory days.

    Edit:
    The black covers were an option, if you check out their website you can get almost anything you want. I've purchased mine from The Music Zoo on the east coast and Chris Campbell from Rockbox on the west.
    Last edited by Raven17; 09-10-2013 at 03:50 AM.
    2014Private Stock Modern Eagle Brazzy,'14'Private Stock MCSC McCarty Singlecut Frostbite Glow ,'13 SC245 Artist,'15 CU24 Artist,'12 Custom 22 Artist,'15 Waring Sig 10Top, '12 Tremonti one-off,2007/13 McCarty Korina,'13 408 10Top, '11 Custom24 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'07 CU24 w/Burnt Chrome 53/10's,EVH 5150 combo, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles beyond counting

  18. #38
    Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    I can see myself in...BOTH sides...

    Mad props (do the youngins still say that) that's a heckuva theme, and some really cool guitars.
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2012 NF3 | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    I can see myself in...BOTH sides...

    Mad props (do the youngins still say that) that's a heckuva theme, and some really cool guitars.
    Thanks very much!

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    Love the black.....my blackened DGT/Bare Knuckle Miracle Man black covered pups.
    Very cool! I love the covers on those Bare Knuckle pickups!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •