Thread: Allman Brothers Band were rockin' a mostly PRS backline last night

Allman Brothers Band were rockin' a mostly PRS backline last night

Saw the Allman Brothers Band in the Atlanta area last night. Both Derek and Warren were rockin' PRS amps.

Warren had a Dallas head, PRS 4x12 bottom cab, and another (presumably) Dallas head. He also had a Diaz head, a Marshall bottom 4x12 cab, and an Ampeg cab in his rig.

Derek was all PRS: two heads, but instead of Paul's signature, they each had a custom Fender-style name plate with his kids' names. (The top one was Sophia, the bottom one was Charlie). Nice custom touch, I thought. The heads were on top of a PRS 4x12 bottom cab. He also had a 2x12 combo on top of a 2x12 extension cab. I've seen Derek several times over the years with his various bands and this was the best he's ever sounded.

I haven't seen many PRS amps on stage, so it was cool to see and hear how great they are.
    --Garrett--

Very cool!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Great to hear!

Older getting younger
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkl6iGizDsY
    This was from the Beacon Theater in March 2013. I tried to find the first one I had heard that had much better sound quality, but was unsuccessful. The guitar's tone in that video was unbelievable!

I actually found the link and the video was pulled due to copyright issues. too bad, it sounded soooo much better than this one.
    Last edited by pondsnorkeler; 09-04-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
    I was joeprs on BAM

Cool. It's hard to find good videos since it's mostly people taking crap quality on their cell phones. The setup I saw was a little bit different from the Beacon.

I think the PRS rig (that's a different head in the Beacon video) to the right of Warren was for guests. Jimmy Herring and Tinsley Ellis sat in the other night, so I'm assuming that's what they played through. I couldn't see Derek's combo stack very well, but I'm wondering if it was just a back up. Doesn't look like he was using it in the Beacon video.

If we weren't on the PRS board it would be sacrilegious, but I'd say Derek sounded better without the Super Reverb!
    --Garrett--

Any chance Derek ever plays the HXDA? I've heard they are Dallas and Super Dallas amps.