Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bought a Custom 24 SE from GC

Update:

I am just too busy to go to GC right now but having that beautiful guitar just sitting there is more than I can take so last night I changed the strings counting on GC liberal return policy to keep me safe.
    The strings were most defiantly not 9s more like 11s the 9s i put on fit nicely in the nut slots with really low action, I had to lossen the claw screws by about 4 full turns to float the system at the specked 1/16 of an inch.

After letting it sit over night the Low E and A strings still buzz, the E from the 5th fret to about the 10th.The neck appears to be dead straight so later today I will loosen the truss rod an 1/8 of a turn. I also see that the Low E saddle is all the way down(something that would never work with a Strat) if after the truss rod adjustment I still get buzzing I will raise it slightly. I suspect that adjusting the truss rod will fix the buzzing of the A string.

Thanks for the well wishes of my Dad, having your parents age is no fun try to appreciate them while you have them.
    Last edited by BigdaddyRN; 09-06-2013 at 09:39 AM.

I believe the guitar should play just fine with a proper set up for the strings gauge you're using.

Best wishes to your dad!

Sounds like you are on the right track! Let us know how it works out after the final tweaks!
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    I disagree with you Les. I think it's more like 63 times...
    Ha! You're right. Maybe even more!

Though I've settled down a lot lately.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Good grief. Another grown adult offended by my conversation with someone else. Before you jump all over people, you should try reading.
    Here, I will help you.
    Your use of it was clearly to throw it in Jamie's face. So this response is lame as hell.

"All I did was..." use hostility and sarcasm to attack the mods.

And now, you're playing the innocent victim? Gimme a break.

I don't always agree with the mods. We've had plenty of disagreements, and from time to time, I get put in my place. That's OK. They're my friends still. Sometimes they happen to be right.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyRN View Post
    Update:

I am just too busy to go to GC right now but having that beautiful guitar just sitting there is more than I can take so last night I changed the strings counting on GC liberal return policy to keep me safe.
    The strings were most defiantly not 9s more like 11s the 9s i put on fit nicely in the nut slots with really low action, I had to lossen the claw screws by about 4 full turns to float the system at the specked 1/16 of an inch.

After letting it sit over night the Low E and A strings still buzz, the E from the 5th fret to about the 10th.The neck appears to be dead straight so later today I will loosen the truss rod an 1/8 of a turn. I also see that the Low E saddle is all the way down(something that would never work with a Strat) if after the truss rod adjustment I still get buzzing I will raise it slightly. I suspect that adjusting the truss rod will fix the buzzing of the A string.

Thanks for the well wishes of my Dad, having your parents age is no fun try to appreciate them while you have them.
    You might also want to double check the string heights for all the strings - a guide to stock setup is here::

bridges

trussrod

general setup
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Your use of it was clearly to throw it in Jamie's face. So this response is lame as hell.

I don't always agree with the mods. We've had plenty of disagreements, and from time to time, I get put in my place. That's OK. They're my friends still. Sometimes they happen to be right.
    Have a great day, Les!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I believe the guitar should play just fine with a proper set up for the strings gauge you're using.

Best wishes to your dad!
    +1

I'm sure that guitar just needs a little love.... as does the rest of this thread.

Congrats on a beautiful guitar, I love my SE CU24! (it needed a little love too.)

Tawney Kitaean anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Yes please! I fondly remember the White Snake video she was in.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prscat33511 View Post
    Tawney Kitaean anyone ?
    That was a very formative period my life...I wanted an XJ6 for so long after seeing her writhe around...

Would've liked to have checked HER action...strings would have been doin more than buzzin...
    Last edited by CantankerousCarl; 09-06-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 HB II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited
    2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Good grief. Another grown adult offended by my conversation with someone else. Before you jump all over people, you should try reading.
    Here, I will help you.

All I did was offer the guy an alternative site where he could discuss the gig bag issue and vent without being persecuted. Just sharing my opinion with HIM shouldn't be cause for others to come at me with guns blazing. That only proves my point, dissenting opinions are trampled with haste and vitriol.

I should have PM'd him, my mistake. Apologies to all who were offended by my post.
    How's the view from up on that cross?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	implied-facepalm.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	550
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post

Sometimes???

---Jamie---

My Gear

Please don't make it out to be more than that.
    Sage advice. Maybe you should consider taking it...
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Sigh...

I'm sure that won't satisfy you, but there it is.
    As I told Les, I was just giving the guy another place to vent about the gig bag where he wouldn't feel like people were hating on him. Now that so many grown adults were offended by that, better judgement would have been to PM. It is however, ridiculous that you translated my post into "bashing PRS as a company," and essentially accused me of such. It's ok though, I don't get angry over stuff like this and I hope you don't either. It's not worth it.
    Funny how you ignored all of your bashing "clique mentality", "ass kissing", "fanboys", Being "attacked/shunned" comments... So you threw a few folks a bone...

Remember the first rule of holes...

When in one, "Stop Digging!"

Name:  digging-a-hole.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  15.2 KB
    ---Jamie---

My Gear