Thread: Piezo users...

Piezo users...

I'm considering an external switching pedal for my P22. What a/b switching pedals do you use/recommend?

Little Lehle.....its a looper or an a/b.....and, its transparent.

The Lehle is great.

I just run a dual cable (Monster Cables calls them DJ cables) with one side going to my electric rig and the other going to either a LR Baggs Para DI or a BBE Acoustimax DI, then to the PA. To me the real beauty of the piezo-equipped guitars is the ability to split and control each separately. I use a volume pedal on my electric pedalboard, but just use the acoustic volume knob on the guitar. The electric side with some gain and the acoustic side with clarity really does it for me.

If I wasn't playing through a PA, I'd buy an acoustic amp and still run the separate lines.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    The Lehle is great.

I just run a dual cable (Monster Cables calls them DJ cables) with one side going to my electric rig and the other going to either a LR Baggs Para DI or a BBE Acoustimax DI, then to the PA. To me the real beauty of the piezo-equipped guitars is the ability to split and control each separately. I use a volume pedal on my electric pedalboard, but just use the acoustic volume knob on the guitar. The electric side with some gain and the acoustic side with clarity really does it for me.

If I wasn't playing through a PA, I'd buy an acoustic amp and still run the separate lines.
    I run a similar set up - that DJ cable is something I've been looking for! I was about to just use some shrink wrap on a couple of cables to build it. The volume pedal on the electric side works perfect to bring that in and out with no switching click to tip people off to what you are doing!

I'm going to skip the acoustic amp - At this point I'm looking at powered speakers. The newer models are mini PA's - 1/4 inch and balanced inputs - EQ - lots of power and flexible. I get what I want for acoustic "effects" from the DI Box.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

I made my own dual cable (zip tied 2 cables together) and send them to A Voodoo Labs Amp Selector. The outputs got to my amp (typically my Bogner Shiva) and my acoustic amp (AER Compact 60-2) or a PA. I can run them separately or at the same time, using the selector...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I've been using the two cable option, one to the electric and one to the acoustic amp, but discovered that it would be faster to switch with a pedal instead of the mini switch, specially while you are strumming in the middle of a song. I'll check out the Lehle and the Voodoo Labs...

I use the Morley A/B/Y and A/B/C switches, and I love them. They're perfect for what I need at shows; for our acoustic shows, I use two acoustics and an electric. I can run them all into the A/B/C switch and run the out to the PA. Super useful!
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

I use the Redial's Piezo Select with a TRS cable. http://www.tonebone.com/tb-pzselect.htm

The two cable method is superior, and then I dont see the need for an a/b box. I use one cable, but my rig is frfr with an Axefx2. I have an Aura pedal in front of that, and use it for my acoustic sounds. I have very neutral/bypass patches in the Fractal that I use with my acoustic sounds also. Just curious why and how you intend to use the a/b box. We all could help more with an explaination. You may not need it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARISMAFIRE View Post
    The two cable method is superior, and then I dont see the need for an a/b box. I use one cable, but my rig is frfr with an Axefx2. I have an Aura pedal in front of that, and use it for my acoustic sounds. I have very neutral/bypass patches in the Fractal that I use with my acoustic sounds also. Just curious why and how you intend to use the a/b box. We all could help more with an explaination. You may not need it at all.
    I don't use an A/B in my set up. Piezo is Guitar to ID box to PA and electric is right into my regular electric rig with volume pedal to take it out of the mix for Acoustic only. Piezo/Mag switch stays in the middle and use the guitar volumes as needed.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

I have the mag pickup and the piezo pup going into a stereo jack. I run a y cable from there into a ernie ball stereo expression (volume) pedal. On the other side of the voume pedal the mag pup signal goes to my 73 Fender Twin and the piezo goes to my Roland AC100 Chorus. I can use the volume pedal as a way to increase the signal (volume ) from one amp to the other depending on what signal I want to be dominant for the particualr song. It also gives that wall of sound approach as I can have whatever effects needed blended in .