Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2576

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Bright Lights, Big City - Gone to My Baby's Head. (And the last time I saw her, all of that ice cream she wolfed down for years had gone to her caboose, and that my friends is a constant source of joy for yours truly.)

The man himself.

A cover that was a hit from Sonny James.

A cover that wasn't a hit at all from Neil Young and The Shocking Pinks.

​Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 09-06-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Number One in the charts in 1975. Diamonds, not rhinestones!

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

In this post, I am writing a phrase that has never been seen before. Not here, nor in any other forum ever created...

Here is a Bach T-O-O-T!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 09-06-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Mr. Otis Redding. His music always works for me in these long, wee hours.

Lloyd

Mr. Redding would have been 72 today.

Goldtop Lloyd

On this date in 1968, Buck and his Buckeroos played for the President (LBJ from Texas!) at The White House. Of course, I wasn't there - I was only six, so I was probably at home with my bike or my G.I. Joe or whatever - but I bet they played this song during that show. Check out Don Rich's twangin' Tele solo. (GOLD SPARKLE Tele that is! See? I've had this obsession for a lonnnng time.)

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 09-09-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Happy Birthday to Joe Perry! He's gotta be... what? Eighty by now, right? I'll never make eighty, so I'm jealous...

Goldtop Lloyd

Lloyd

On this date in 1966, "The Monkees" tv series debuted on US tv. It wasn't exactly a runaway hit, so obviously many people were not, uhhh, believers... (Sorry; couldn't resist it.)

Goldtop

I wish a very Happy Birthday to Mr. Neil Peart who is 61 today. Here are two videos of the man himself.

Goldtop Lloyd

One from Robbo!

Goldtopo

On this date in 1997 Stig Anderson passed away. Who was Stig Anderson? He was a go-getter in the music business in Sweden. He knew of these two guys who had tried and tried to get into the business but just never managed to get anywhere. These two guys - Benni and Asplundh (???) - were about ready to give up. They were literally living in their van. (I'm not sure if it was down by a river or not; since it was Sweden it was probably 'down by a fjord'.) Anyway, Stig thought they had promise, worked with them, invested some of his own money, made some moves, helped them write some songs, and BOOM! ABBA!

Goldtop (NOT a Dancing Queen!)

Does your mother know? Well, let's not mention it to her, alright? She's in her nineties now, and the shock might be too much for her...

Goldtop

Oh, Baby. Come over here Baby. Let me touch you. Let me look at you. Smell you. Take you all in. Oooh, that's right... (Wait; back up half a step Baby. Yeah, that's good. You were on my pinkie toe there, Girl.)

Oh, Baby. Love. That's where it's at. That's where you are, where I am. It's where we are, Baby. It's where we all wanna be, Baby. Where we've all got to be. Am I right? Yeah, I know I am Baby. I'll tell you something else too. Come closer so I can whisper it in your ear. That's it right there Baby. Careful now; watch that toe. Yeahhh Baby. That's just right. Gimme that pretty little ear of yours, Baby. Ummm hummm...

We're gonna get to it, Baby. We're gonna do it. We've got to. It's in the cards, Baby. In the stars. Which stars? The ones in the heavens, Baby. The ones in your eyes. Yeah, baby. (Speaking of stars, you've seen those cartoons where some dude gets hit and the little stars revolve in a circle over his head, right? Well, I've still got some of them stars over that toe of mine you stepped on. Girl, what did you do to me? You don't look that big yourself, Sugar. What kinda shoes are those? Those things are dangerous, Baby. I think you mighta broke a bone... You better help me here, Baby.) Tell you what, Girl; Let's take a rain check on this tonight, okay? I got to get myself to a doctor. I think you mighta done some damage here, Baby. Ouch. Oh. I'm feelin' faint. Oh, Baby...

(Barry White was born on this date in 1944. I love his music. Many years ago, soon after this song and album was released, a local tv station in my town started using it as their theme. I got to hear a little Barry White every day. Great stuff!)

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 09-12-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Johnny Cash has been gone ten years...

Goldtop (Johnny Cash Fan Forever)

Vern Gosdin on a Saturday night...

Lloyd

Mmm mmm mmm mmm ...

Goldtop ppp ppp ppp

Shannon Curfman and her pretty green PRS.

Goldtop Lloyd

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Shannon Curfman, eh? That was pretty good.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Shannon Curfman, eh? That was pretty good.
    Yeah Hans. She's pretty good, isn't she? (I like her anyway.) I need to do some checking; I think she has at least two or three CDs out, but I've only got one. It's called "Loud Guitars, Big Suspicions". I found it in a bargain bin for a buck, and I got it because of the title. Got it home, and I liked it. Several videos of her on YouTube. Maybe someday she'll be at Experience? (She may have already been there; what do I know?)

Lloyd

UPDATE: I looked at her website, and it lists four solo albums. The young lady is One of Us; She loves her PRS guitars!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 09-16-2013 at 07:33 AM.