Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2449

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Willie and his big sister Miss Bobbie. What a lady. IMO, if you look up 'classy' in the dictionary, you see a picture of her.

Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

I LOVE Willie and Trigger in this one. I could listen to this every day and never get tired of it...

Goldtop/Lloyd/HUGE Willie Fan
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Mr. B.W. Stevenson.

Mr. L.P.C.

"My Maria". Brooks and Dunn took a little (!) inspiration from this.

My Goldtop

Yes. One very special song for me, and I imagine for many other Texans who lived through those days. Makes me happy and misty-eyed at the same time. Gary P. Nunn.

Goldtop Lloyd - PROUD Texan

I need an ice cold Lone Star right now!

*Reasons I Dig Willie* - Number 7 - He does a lot of duets. Many are cool, a few don't really do it for me, but rarely are they dull. I know some people think Clive Davis came up with the idea of unusual duet pairings, but Willie was doing it when many of us were in diapers.

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-01-2014 at 05:49 PM.

If you know much about Willie, or can read the top of Trigger, then you know the name Roger Miller. They were close. I first heard his name because he and my mom grew up together in the same part of the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles. When my mom talked about him, she described him as being 'a goofball always causing trouble somewhere' (her words, not mine). She never could understand why or how he became a country star. Way to spot talent, Mom!

Goldtop Lloyd

More Roger Miller.

Goldtop/LPC

Roger Miller's "Husbands and Wives".

Goldtop

When I think about Roger Miller songs, I think of this rather than "Dang Me" or "you Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd". This one's timeless to me.

Goldtop!

Sunday. I hope everybody is having a good weekend. THANKFULLY, it's a new month now, and today there's good news and bad news for yours truly.

Good News = Another winter storm has hit the area. It rained last night and this morning, then the temp. dropped and it snowed about two inches, so we now have solid ice covered by a little snow. It is six degrees as I write this Sunday afternoon. I love cold weather, especially since I no longer have to work out in it. I feel for those who do have to work outside. They earn every penny.

Bad News = The Willie gig here tonight is postponed. I had planned to go look at the buses and the crowd coming to the show, but because of the weather I wasn't sure I could get there. (The streets are deserted, and there are travel warnings because of the icy conditions. It looks like a ghost town outside.)

I'm sorry for the folks who were planning to see the show, but I'm glad that they won't have to deal with the roads. As for me, this takes a little of the sting out of not being able to afford to go myself.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    I've always loved the way this guys plays, but more importantly for the purposes of this thread, he is playing a Goldtop!
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Monday morning. Early, around 5AM. I've been up for a couple of hours, so I decided to go outside and see what's going on with the winter storm. I thought I'd zip out and zip right back in, so all I had on was a pair of sweat pants, a t-shirt, and my Day of the Dead Skulls fuzzy slippers. Here's what I learned:

IT'S COLD OUT THERE! It's as cold as a Witch's Nickel. From the back door of my building to where I park is about thirty feet. It's so foggy that I can just barely make out the outline of my pickup. I was going to see if it would start, but that's out. So I came back in, turned on the tube, and discovered that the temperature is three. 3. Like I said, as cold as a Witch's Nickel. As cold as a well-digger's wallet. As cold as most any ex-wife's heart.

Not very imaginative at all on my part, but this song came to mind, so I'm listening to it at the moment. Have a good Monday everybody!

Goldtop LPC

Quote Originally Posted by tdarian View Post
    I've always loved the way this guys plays, but more importantly for the purposes of this thread, he is playing a Goldtop!
    Cool as always! Thanks for yet another great post. You come up with such cool stuff, while I'm blabbing on about Roger Miller, Willie's bandana, whatever...

Lloyd

Mr. Collins and Mr. Moore - A Cold, Cold Feeling...

Cold Goldtop

Dancing Days are here again! (For somebody maybe; As for me, it's the end of the day and I'm pooped, so no dancing here.)

Goldtop Lloyd, who misses Bonzo's drumming very much...

We'll have no place to stay...

Goldtop

News came down today that rather than rescheduling the Willie Nelson gig that was a victim of the latest blizzard and ice storm here a few days ago, it had simply been canceled. No make-up date in the foreseeable future. That got me thinking about who else I'd like to see, and who I hadn't seen in far too long. This band immediately came to mind. One of my Top Five. IMO, one of the most criminally underrated bands ever, especially when it comes to live shows. From Rockford, Illinois - Cheap Trick!

Goldtop

I woke up with Memphis on my mind, so I listened to this. Some cool scenes from Memphis-in-the-old-days in this video.

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-06-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Happy Saturday People! May we all have a great weekend. Here's a "T-O-O-T" of what I've been listening to tonight/this morning. 'You can't always get what what you want', which would explain why (A) Dolly Parton won't return my phone calls, and (B) why I don't own a Goldtop DGT w/Birds and DG Signature amp & cab! YET!

Da Rolling Stones.

A Cool (IMO) cover by The Jolly Boys.

Goldtop Lloyd