Page 93 of 123 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2449

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Somewhere tonight at this very moment, in a Texas bar or niteclub or dancehall, the floor is packed. Couples of all ages are completing another counter-clockwise trip around. (Always counter-clockwise. The only time that sacred rule is broken is when some troublemaker - usually a female - finally gets their way and manages to get a line dance started, which thankfully is only tolerated a couple of times a night.)

Above all the noise of heated words, breaking glass and drunks being too loud and unruly, this song is playing. It's an oldie that's been covered many times, in this case by Tony Booth. Perfect for Texas two-steppin'!

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-08-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Same song as above, but done as a ballad. I had never heard this version by Darrell Clanton, but thanks to YT and this poster I have now. Fantastic as a sad song IMO.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Good Monday morning! May we all have a good day and a good week. (Everyone, that is, except my ex-wife. May she fall face first into a giant silo of itching powder today and every single day until SHE PAYS ME THE MONEY SHE OWES ME! Because of her, I am in the position of not being able to buy certain medicines I need because I can't afford them. 100% True.)

Back to a far better subject. I dig KISS and I am not ashamed! I really like the record this one came from ie: "Hot In the Shade". When they came through here touring behind this album I was in bad shape and unable to go to the show. I still regret not getting to see it. :-(

Goldtop

Happy Tuesday, People! Boom, Boom! That's the name of this John Lee Hooker tune I'm listening to, and it's also the sound I dream of hearing as one of my size 14's connects with the caboose of my ex who is in violation of a Federal Court Order by not paying me!

On a more positive note, watching this video left me with both a question and an answer:

The Question: Why is it that throughout the ages, whenever certain males attempt to dance they look as if they are standing on a bare live wire from an extension cord?

The Answer: The reason the grilled chicken breast I ordered arrived at my table burnt to a cinder is because the chef was out on the dance floor instead of in the kitchen doing his job!

Goldtop - Poor, Hungry and Irritated

It seems as if I woke up in a mood to Hook It this morning... I can live with that.

Goldtop, who probably likes you as a friend but does not want to hug you!

Mr. Hooker and Mr. Santana. Check this out in the video: Mr. Hooker's socks and tie match. That's dapper my friends! Want to hear some odd trivia about yours truly? Well, that's unfortunate, because here it comes anyway:

From as far back as I can remember, whenever I finish my laundry, I just open my dresser drawer and throw in all the socks. I never match them or make cute little tucked-in balls or any of that. All of 'em loose, and all of 'em tumbled into the drawer. They look like the remnants of a wild weekend in '68 Frisco scattered around in there.

When I go get a pair, I grab two white ones (or two black, two blue, etc.) and I'm on my way. Consequently, the odds of the stripes or patterns matching are slim to none. That's caused more than a few odd looks in doctors' offices over the years, let me tell you. Usually the nurses or techs are afraid to ask me about them, but when they do I tell them I'm colorblind, or I got dressed in the car, or I was in a hurry going out the window, or I didn't notice because I was feeding a baby when I got dressed (I have no children), or some other goofy thing off the top of my head. One time I told a young nurse that I had gotten dressed in a bathroom at the jail and the lightbulb was burned out. She left without saying a word and I never saw her again. When I asked about her at my next appt., they told me she had gotten a job with another doctor!

Now, aren't you somehow better for knowing that? I know I feel better for sharing it. It's good to open up with each other...

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-11-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Oh my... Words fail me here, other than to say that I need this on an endless loop. One of my All Time Favorites - ZZ TOP! Oh, to have a CD and DVD of this gig. Great sound!

Goldtop

P.S. - I need a hat like the ones these Ladies in Red are wearing. I would look Too Cool!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-11-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Hey Lloyd - figured this was a good place to find you to tell you your PM box is full. But the answer to your question is one - "Gettin' My Mind Right". Had more info, but I'll save it for there.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Wednesday March 12 in The USA! May we each have a good one today, except you-know-who (the she-devil WHO OWES ME MONEY!)

Guitars. I think most everybody is this way but I'm not sure, so I'll ask here and now: There are some guitars that I've just never been able to get along with. For me, it's Telecasters. I've owned a couple in the past, but I never held on to them. And over the years I've tried dozens, but for whatever reason I've just never been able to fall in love with one. Do we all have that with certain guitars? Just curious.

Obviously, these guys get along fine with Teles. Danny Gatton and Arlen Roth.

Goldtop

More Tequila, this time by The Champs. Fitting for a Wednesday I guess, depending on the kind of week you're having. (Personally, I always thought that pseudo-macho, let's-have-some-tequila-and-get-wild-and-crazy, whoooooooo!!!!! B.S. was just that; B.S. But that's just my opinion...)

What a video. Check out the two girls at the 1:06 mark. I have little doubt that they went on to cause a lot of trouble. I'm glad I never met 'em.

Goldtop, who prefers Coke or iced tea these days

Thursday AM in America! I hope we all have a good one today. I'm getting an early start because I'm heading to the hospital. Hopefully I'll be back home later today.

Working our way to the weekend, and an important one it is for me because this weekend is the NHRA Gators Drag Race from Gainesville Florida. I can't be there in person, but thanks to the web I'll be watching and listening. From 0 to 330+ MPH in 1000 feet. And the sounds coming from 10,000 HP engines??? Great Googily Moogily!!!

Speaking of sounds, I've been listening to Leslie West's new CD. This cut is Leslie and Mark Tremonti. Hard to go wrong with that combination.

Goldtop - Lifelong Garlits Fan!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-13-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Saturday the 15th in the USA. I'm here. Barely. Here's to a good weekend for us all. Mine has gotten off to a rough start. I am torqued off this morning for two reasons...

Reason No. 1 - My ex battle-axe still hasn't paid me, and so far the Federal Court has been of no help to me. Justice for the poor? Keep dreaming. Listen, doofus! I don't use the money for booze and gambling like you do; I need it for my numerous medications. I did my time with you, so pay me!

Reason No. 2 - Whoever it is in this complex who insists on walking their pet and not cleaning up after them, karma is gonna get you my friend! I got home late last night, exhausted, and had to park in the dark because the overhead light in the parking lot is out. I'm trying to make my way to the door of the building, and apparently someone had just walked their shetland pony because I ended up stepping in a fresh pile of Barack. And of course I happened to be wearing a pair of New Balances with a tread pattern like something from a military HumVee. I'll have to go to the car wash with these things...

Karma. Count on it, people!

Goldtop, who loves Motorhead, especially on days like this.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-15-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Monday. St. Patrick's Day! No green beer for me please.

I'm a big Joe Bonamassa fan. He's got a gig here in a couple of weeks. That's good news and bad news. Good news: He's coming here! Bad news: Tickets are nearly $100, which is way beyond my means. But I'll be there in spirit. Go Joe!!!

Goldtop Lloyd

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    Joe's bands always sound best to me with Arlen at the keys....he is a truly amazing musician!
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Quote Originally Posted by tdarian View Post
    Joe's bands always sound best to me with Arlen at the keys....he is a truly amazing musician!
    I plan on doing the same routine I usually do whenever someone plays here and I can't afford to go; I'll go down to the venue and check out their buses and the crowd, all of that. I saw him here several years ago at a smaller place, and it was great. But Joe and his music are so different now that it would almost be like seeing an entirely different guy. And I'm with you 100% about his being amazing.

Lloyd

Happy Tuesday People! May we all have a good one today!

Odd Goldtop Trivia Time: I used to work with a person that was the spitting image of Segovia. From the thinning grey hair to the style of glasses to the look of the hands and fingers. It was unreal to the point of almost being scary. What was even more unreal was that this person was a female! I nicknamed her "Segovia" and always called her that, til one day she finally asked me about it. I explained who Segovia was and how much I thought they looked alike. I even brought a copy of a guitar magazine to work to show her, and she agreed with me. I never meant any offense to her, and fortunately she didn't take any.

Anywho, I've been listening to a lot of nylon string playing lately, and this video reminded me of that part of my past.

Goldtop Lloyd - "Donde esta pegwinder?"

Sup?! Lloyd!

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    My man Lloyd skips a day from time to time. Hopefully he out hunting the dude with the Shetland Pony that's been leaving little gifts in the lawn.
    One Life

Hey Guys! Thanks for posting!

Sergio, I saw a thing on tv a few days ago about this older guy - in his 50's IIRC - who made skateboards and even built a halfpipe in his backyard for R&D. Made me think of you. (I'll see if I can find a link of the program and shoot it to you in case you're interested.)

Hans, I need to send you a PM about a little thing if it's alright. No biggie. I'll try to get it done today.

I hope you guys have a good Thursday. Likewise to everybody on the board!

Lloyd

It's been one of those nights where I've been up all the way. And oddly enough I've been listening to music, and playing a little on a nylon string of a neighbor's... more on that later I think.

Tonight I've been on a Sonny Boy Williamson kick, and I realize that I have very little of his music in my CDs and records. Thankfully, YouTube to the rescue!

Goldtop - Bring It On to MY Home!