Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    This one this morning.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

borrowed this from Shawn:

It's a bit of a long story, but every Friday Boston is on my mind. Tonight, this is the one I'm listening to. May Brad Delp RIP.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

I can't eat, y'all - I can't sleep... Deep Purple

Goldtop

^^^^nice^^^

My all-time favorite band, Smashing Pumpkins new album just came out, but this track off the new Rush that came out this week blows away that whole album. Nice Job Geddy, Alex, and Neil!

SFL Onstage - My New Publication SFL Onstage 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Michael Landau-Organic instrumentals,Lana del Ray-Born to die,Van Halen-A different kind of truth

Apparently, I'm having a 'Deep Purple' weekend!

Goldtop

Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    My all-time favorite band, Smashing Pumpkins new album just came out, but this track off the new Rush that came out this week blows away that whole album. Nice Job Geddy, Alex, and Neil!
    Rush is a band that I've always wanted to see live. Someday I hope to make some of their shows. If all of their live DVDs are any indication, they're a great band to see in person.

Goldtop

Eric Johnson and the guys on the PBS series Austin City Limits years ago. Eric's playing Virginia. Every time I start to think I might know a little bit about playing guitar, I watch/listen to Eric, and I get a true reality check. RIGHTEOUS!!!

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-18-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Ryan Adams. Gotta love the Buck Owens Harmony acoustic

Spent yesterday evening learning this. Most of the time I spend learning and playing Foo Fighters songs. Ever since I got cancer last summer, I have been on a SEVERE Foo's kick. I am ok now. Thank god.

Last edited by cjmwrx; 06-18-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    BDR-529

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwrx View Post
    Spent yesterday evening learning this. Most of the time I spend learning and playing Foo Fighters songs. Ever since I got cancer last summer, I have been on a SEVERE Foo's kick. I am ok now. Thank god.
    Glad you're OK man, that's serious business and takes a very strong person to deal with even the most curable variations of it...... also, the powers of the Foo are strong! hahaha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Devin Townsend is releasing a 4-DVD live boxset soon and I can't wait for it. Devin takes metal to a whole new level, by doing everything how he wants and he works on 2 albums at a time. Last release, he released his heaviest CD to date as well as an all acoustic record at the same time - both beautiful - and both completely unrelated. I'd urge everyone to check him out becuase his live show is enormous. Hopefully PRS takes care of his rythem guitarist "The Beard" because he is an avid Mushok user who abuses them accross the world haha

Last edited by themike; 06-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Mike! It was a tough summer. Wasting Light came out last April right when I found out it was cancer. Fitting title with perfect timing.
    BDR-529

This week it is Creedence Clearwater Revival. Great stuff.
    McCarty McS°apy McK°rina Black|Santana SE II "The Tiger" with Lindy Fralin humbuckers, locking tuners, push-pull switching & blocked trem|Mira K°rina

Sometimes it's hard to know whether it is the vintage or primeur Letrow that is talking

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Ryan Adams. Gotta love the Buck Owens Harmony acoustic

Can someone walk me me through the process of posting videos directly vs. posting up a link. Did not see it in the FAQ. Thanks!

Good stuff here.
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Quote Originally Posted by tdarian View Post
    Can someone walk me me through the process of posting videos directly vs. posting up a link. Did not see it in the FAQ. Thanks!

Good stuff here.
    Sure - the code is

[ v i d e o =youtube_share;XXXXXXX]http://youtu.be/XXXXX[ / v i d e o ] without the crazy spacing I just did, I only did it so you can see the code.

Basically the X's represent the youtube video ID. So when you find a youtube video you like, click the "Share" button, then copy the URL they provide like this: http://youtu.be/4j57mSOrO1g

The everything after the / is the youtube ID. Also when in doubt, feel free to quote someones video and just edit their code!
    Last edited by themike; 06-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.

edit: doublepost

Love this tune