Page 103 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2449

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Guys, thank you all for the welcome back. It really means a lot to me. You're good friends, and I hope things are going well for each of you.

I'm very grateful to be a part of this forum and know people like you. Thank you.

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

On this date in 1966, The Chairman of the Board was Number One on the charts. Scoobie doobie dooooooo...

Chairman of the Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

On this date back in the Disco Era of 1979, Donna Summer was at the top of the charts with this one. Hot Stuff indeed!

Hot Goldtop Stuff

Hey, bro. Clean out your PMs.....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Goldtop
    En Espanol, Top del Goldo.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Hey, bro. Clean out your PMs.....
    I'm sorry for the full inbox. They pile up on me, but I've made some room as of a few minutes ago.

Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    En Espanol, Top del Goldo.
    I have to share a funny story about me putting my foot in my mouth with a foreign language.

I know about as much German as I do Spanish, which is not much at all. In fact, I don't know any of the German language other than whatever I might hear on The Military Channel when they show WWII programs, etc. So, a couple of nights ago I was in a little convenience store right around the corner from my place. The young lady that works there most nights is a sweetheart, and I just stopped in to say hello. It was Graduation night for one of the high schools here in town, and one of the customers who came in while I was there was a serious looking older guy in a nice suit and tie. He went up to the counter, and the clerk asked him if he was coming from a graduation. He said he was, then got his cigs or whatever, and when the clerk thanked him, he answered her in German.

As he turned to leave, he nodded at me and said something (again in German), so I replied 'And a very good sourkraut to you too, Sir.' I was just being goofy, cutting up. The clerk laughed, but the guy didn't. In fact, he looked a little upset. He stopped, asked me what I'd said, and I thought 'Oh great... Here we go.' I said it again and explained that about the only German I knew was that and Weinerschnitzel. Apparently, he wasn't in a mood to laugh. He gave me a drop dead look then turned and left. You could have heard a pin drop. The clerk said 'I think you made him mad.' and I said 'I think you're right.'

I've always had a knack for making friends...

Lloyd

Humor is in the ear of the beholder.

And the man has some responsibility for what happened. He spoke to you in German. Deep in the heart of Texas. He was expecting to run into someone who is fluent??
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Humor is in the ear of the beholder.
    Ain't that the truth!

Goldtop

I'm in a Zeppelin mood at the moment. I don't have the new 'deluxe reissues', but I've got the originals, and they'll do for now...

Goldtop Lloyd

Mo' Zep.

No Goldtop (yet!)

Love me some Zep!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Lexicon

Value city furniture is using this song in their TV ads. I finally looked up.

It's bouncy and catchy and it doesn't hurt that the singer's voice is pure honey.

Boom! Bap! Pow! Suit

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7C3uRqjA8UE

Some of the catchiest tunes are so simple....
    Last edited by rugerpc; 06-04-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Lexicon

Friday! What a night last night... The Texas Pothandle had its first storm of the season last night, and what a way to start.

I spent a lot of the last month moving a neighbor out of her apartment. The woman went into a nursing home, and her elderly parents live out of town, so it fell to me to handle most of the moving/selling off furniture/wrapping up loose ends, and all of that. Some of my health problems are giving me fits right now, so all in all it was a difficult month, and I'm glad it's behind me.

I also inherited this neighbor's pet, a longhair cat. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be able to keep her; we'll see. The cat is sweet, but very shy and timid. I was sound asleep about 1:00 AM this morning, and this cat woke me up going absolutely crazy! A thunderstorm had blown in, with high winds, broken tree limbs, hail, storm sirens going off, the whole bit. She was scared to death. The storm ended up being no big deal, but I couldn't convince this cat of that fact! And as I write this she's still WIDE-eyed, BIG-tailed, and very jumpy.

My point? When I hear the word 'storm', I think of REO Speedwagon. Doesn't everybody?!?

BTW, what a clip. Kevin Cronin, a man whose head of hair weighed about as much as his entire body back in the days when this was filmed. And check out his cool/odd 'Dual Leg Metronome' action. He's wearing those pants out from the inside!!!

Goldtop Lloyd

Not exclusively about D-Day, but I still like what this video shows and represents. Soundtrack by Sammy Hagar.

Goldtop Lloyd

Good Saturday Morning People! Have a great weekend, okay? I'm working on one myself.

Generally speaking, I'm a Mopar Guy. Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth all the way. Most of the vehicles I've owned have been Mopars, including those I bought over the years for my ex-battleaxe. Having said that, I have to say that I dig the new Cadillac commercial that's currently running on many tv networks. A song about fame, shots of an upscale-looking couple, all well dressed and happy riding in a shiny new white Caddy, driving along scenic roads and ending up at a fine looking house, having what appears to be a hired hand greet them and help them inside... The Good Life (or at least one version of it)!

So, thanks to Cadillac for providing the inspiration for this one. What you like is in the limo!

Goldtop

A Happy Sunday to you. Thanks to Connie Stuart, her husband Marty, and The Fabulous Superlatives for reminding me of this one. A "T-O-O-T" of "I Ain't Never".

The original by Webb Pierce.

A boppin' cover by Jimmie Vaughan.

Goldtop Lloyd, who hit 2900 posts with this one. Cool!

Thanks to Markie for causing me to think of this one by Michael Bolton. Gettin' my blood pumpin' this morning!

Goldtop LPC

Well, it's happened. I guess this could be considered fair warning. I find myself stuck in an '80's Music' mode this morning. At least I'm honest about it; it is 'what I'm listening to'... (What about everybody else? What are you listening to today?)

I love this one, especially the guitar solos. I may be one of the few people who liked this era of the band. Jefferson Starship's "Save Your Love".

Save Me a Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-08-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Goldtop Lloyd