Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2389

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Starship's "No Way Out". (What happened to Jefferson? And his Airplane?)

Lloyd's Goldtop (SOMEDAY!)
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Too Cool! I have a new favorite tune - AND VIDEO - to add to the list. Thanks Sergio!

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

A little Headhunters on a Monday evening.

Goldtop

Speakin' of some of my faves... Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road". This one's for Bill W., wherever he may be today. It's been many years since we last talked. I hope he's alive and doing alright.

Goldtop Road
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-09-2014 at 06:00 PM.

John Anderson.

Goldtop

When I started going through a pile of CDs this afternoon, I had in mind that it would be a "Motorhead Monday". But it ended up being a "Country Music Monday"... Oh well; there's always time to damage my hearing later.

More John Anderson, who has always been very underrated in my opinion. "Down in Tennessee". I saw him open for George Jones once. You talk about a great night.

Goldtop Lloyd

Goldtop Lloyd

Another anthem for The Working Man (and Woman) from Mr. Merle Haggard.

Goldtop Lloyd, who misses being able to work

Happy Tuesday everybody. May you have a smooth, easy, safe, fun one today. I woke up with Howlin' Wolf in my mind, so that's what I'm listening to right now.

Great Googily Goldtop

Goldtop

Howlin' Wolf, Marshall Tucker, and Tone Loc... That's a morning!

Willlld Thang!

Goldtop Thang

RAINBOW!!!

​GOLDTOP!

Friday. The 13th. Be very careful today everybody. The best of Luck to us all.

Goldtop Lloyd

I hope everyone has had a good, safe Friday the 13th today. So far, mine has been less than wonderful.

Part of my time today was spent dealing with a jealous fool who is upset about his girlfriend's casual friendship with me. Our crime? She saved my parking place for me today when I left to run some errands. People at this building have no regard or respect for the concept of handicapped parking, so to combat the problem this nice lady - who works here a few hours a day as a provider for two of the other tenants - and I came up with an idea: Whenever I need to leave and she happens to be here, she parks in my place using her own H/C placard. When I return, she lets me have my spot back so I don't have as far to walk on a knee that's beyond help. We do this once every two or three months, and today was one of those days. Trouble is, this woman's boyfriend objects to our friendship and her helping me. It reached a point today where she asked me to speak to him (as if that would help). I agreed, so she called him, put her phone on speaker, and we talked. To make a long story a little shorter, I hope the lid falls on it.

Also, today I went to a bookstore/music store to check out the new Zeppelin reissues. The A/C in the store was out, and it was a sauna in there. By the time I made it back home, I was hotter and more tired than a..., an..., than uhmmmmm... than that famous camel many of us have heard about.

Now I'm home, ready to watch the Drag Races from Tennessee, and they're rained out. Plus, the woman who lives nextdoor to me has her holy terrors/monsters/vermin/pathetic examples of humanity, misbehaving, loud, screaming, never-been-taught-any-manners grandchildren staying with her for the weekend. Or until I or someone else calls the police on her; whichever comes first. This woman has been warned repeatedly by management about these brats, but she claims 'it's all a lie', and 'the elevator was already almost broken anyway', and 'well, the burners in the building's main kitchen got turned off before any actual fire started', and 'no I don't have any idea how those holes in the walls in the hallway got there', and 'maybe the wind broke off all those plants in the flowerbeds'...

Ugh. I need a Coke. And some great guitar tones! Mr. Santana and Mr. Lang to the rescue!

Temporarily Grumpy Goldtop

Lloyd, buddy. I hear ya!

Here is something soothing for ya! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hUbbyvnS3jQ
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Lloyd, buddy. I hear ya!

Here is something soothing for ya!
    Thank you! Ahhh, Dear, Sweet Ann... What an album cover. I need to find my copy and hang that sucker up. And I love the playing in this song. Serenity...

Have a good weekend!

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-13-2014 at 09:38 PM.

I dig this video because of the guitars in it. Some out of the ordinary choices for a Blues band...

John The Revelator

Lloyd The Goldtop

I have to include this one, because it's the first version I listened to this morning. JBG.

Goldtop LPC

I've tried to fight it, but I can't help myself. So, Fair Warning: Brace Yourselves.

Here's The Upholsterers doing a cover...

Goldtop Lloyd, who feels better now.