Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2672

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    A day without Johnny Cash is no day of mine. Here he is with "Highway Patrolman".

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

The Faces and "Ooh La La".

Goldtop (OR Natural Finish) DGT I Wish...
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    The Faces and "Ooh La La".

Yah-mon
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Happy Tuesday Folks! A little "T-O-O-T" of "Love Train" this morning. I hope you all have a good day and week! I gotta stay upbeat; I've got a rough few days ahead, and I'm a little concerned. By Friday I'll be one tired dude.

Rod Stewart's cover.

The OJays!

Goldtop

For whatever reason, I don't listen to a lot of George Benson. But I woke up today with this one in my head, so here it is... "Turn Your Love Around".

Goldtop LPC

For whatever reason, I don't listen to a lot of George Benson. But I woke up today with this one in my head, so here it is... "Turn Your Love Around".

Goldtop LPC
    You know this is my jam.

Seems like I'm in a soulful mood this morning... Here are The Manhattans and "Shining Star".

Goldtop of Love

Great Gosh 'o' Mighty! How much do I love Gladys Knight & The Pips? This much: She has a restaurant somewhere now, though I don't remember where. (Atlanta maybe?) I'm in Texas, and I would go and camp out at the front door of her restaurant just to smell a plate of her chicken & waffles. And if I could somehow manage to eat and have her sing to me at the same time? Ahhhhhhhh...

Goldtop LPC

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    You know this is my jam.
    I did not know that. Kudos on your taste Sergio!

Lloyd

I'm doing a sort of slow and easy build up this morning. I may have to blast some Punks On Parade or Festering Toejam or whatever to kick things up a notch. But for now, it's The King doing "Help Me Make It Through the Night".

The Goldtop

I did not know that. Kudos on your taste Sergio!

Lloyd
    And you on yours Lloyd!

Good Monday Morning Everybody! I hope we all have a good day and a great week. What's going on with everyone? (I guess I need to look around the forum for some of that info, right?)

Last week was a rough one for me. Several doctor appts. over several days, lots of running around in the heat and humidity, the usual things most of us deal with. Add to that an attempt at getting some wheelchair work done that turned into something from The Keystone Kops, and by Friday evening I was used up. (I'm able to stand and walk, but I can only handle short distances and amounts of time before I need to sit and rest.)

Saturday night there was a gig here in town that I wanted to go to, but I was too tired and too broke to make it. Maybe next time. It was by a band from Austin called Shinyribs, and I just hope I get another chance to see them someday. Here's their cover of "I Heard It on The X".

Goldtop Lloyd

Alright! Rockin' & Rollin' with Da Osmond Bruthas!

Goldtop, who has a copy of this very 45 stored away somewhere...

Speaking of ZZ and 'The X', here's a six minute + loop of it. Yeah! With some nice pics of the guys from the pre-sunglasses days. Check out the Nudie suits, Miss Pearly, and the backline of, uhhh, 'real' Rio Grandes...

Goldtop

For Mr. Robin Williams. Thank you for all the laughter and joy. May you Rest In Peace.

Lloyd

Goldtop Lloyd

I hope everybody is having a good Tuesday today. I'm down... About some things going on here in my world, which may mean some rough times ahead. And I guess I'm also down about Robin Williams. It's just after noon Tuesday as I write this, and the press conference about his death is scheduled to start in just under an hour. I don't know about you, but I make it a point to avoid all of the media coverage I can in situations like this. So-called 'experts', hangers-on, 'friends', the morose music in the bumpers, talking heads reading from the same scripts over and over... I'll pass.

As always, I look to music to try to help lift my spirits. I've been listening to the first Elf album lately. Ronnie Dio's first album; pre castles, damsels, swords, and all of that imagery. Even pre 'James'. This one is "Sit Down Honey" aka "Everything'll Be Alright".

Goldtop Lloyd

I hope everybody is having a good Tuesday today. I'm down... About some things going on here in my world, which may mean some rough times ahead.
    Sorry Lloyd... but since misery loves company, I'll admit to feeling a bit down as of late too..

This tune has saved my life more than a few times, I know it's just a silly dance song but it always makes me feel better. God, isn't that the best thing about music?

Not a silly dance song at all. A GREAT dance song!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Not a silly dance song at all. A GREAT dance song!
    You right... It is great. I kinda look at it as an analogy for life: dance = life/living.