Page 23 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Stevie would have turned 58 today. To say that I miss him doesn't do it justice...

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Listened to Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV and Houses of the Holy all in a row at work today.

What can I say, I was in the mood for some Zep!
    --Garrett--

Today is also Lindsey Buckingham's birthday. He's 63 today. That's all the excuse I need to listen to some of his stuff!

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Listened to Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV and Houses of the Holy all in a row at work today.

What can I say, I was in the mood for some Zep!
    Nice! I never get tired of Zeppelin myself.

Goldtop

DGT Club Vice President
    SRV - Indeed! Still miss him!

mgd

DGTs

I've been off on a bit of a The Jam bender

We did. And she did. But then it turned out that I wasn't all that crazy about her. Odd... (Probably the fault of that dude in the corner playing his saxophone all night long. I never did care for sax music.)

Goldtop

For whatever reason, this one has always seemed like a tune for Friday nights to me. Have a good, safe weekend everybody.

Goldtop

When this movie first came out, I got absolutely sick of this song. But I watched a replay of it tonight, and thanks to the space of several years, I was able to once again enjoy the music in the soundtrack. Thank You God.

Goldtop

Back to Dwight for a Friday night.

This is dedicated to the pathetic pouch of putrid pond scum who sat off the fire alarm in my building this morning not once but twice between the hours of 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM. It's a toss up who hates you more; me, the other tenants, or the poor firefighters who you led on a dangerous and pointless wild goose chase for your sick, idiotic entertainment. We hate you, your family, your dog, your cat, and everybody who looks like you. May every toenail you have become ingrown. May your cell phone and your eyeglasses fall into a clogged toilet bowl at the sleeziest bowling alley in town. May you hit your thumb with a hammer at least seven times a day for the next year. May you be stricken with crotch rot so profound that it requires the medical journals to be rewritten.

The next time you want to pull a fire alarm for kicks, please pull off your own ugly, useless, empty head instead. You stink, you fink!

Goldtop

P.S. - Since this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened recently, some of us have a pretty good idea who is behind it. The management must have solid proof before they take action, but I'm not burdened with any such restriction. I'm free to act at any time I see fit. I've dealt with your kind of vermin before, and I'm ready, willing, and able to do so again. That's not a threat, just a statement of fact. And perhaps a bit of food for thought, that is if your microscopic brain can engage in such endeavors.

Find a new, less offensive way to get your jollies, you yabbo.

A little Rancid for a Saturday night.

I have to admit that nothing can replace Johnny Cash's version of this as my favorite, but I like this one too.

Goldtop

Back to the '80's

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Back to the '80's
    I wore out this album back in the day!

Anyone else check out Kevin Costner and Modern West? Very Dave Grissom-esque. Much rockier than I expected--very cool.

October is a big month for The Who. Pete Townshend's autobiography hits the stands today. Tomorrow, the DVD "Live in Texas '75" comes out. Then next week another DVD is released. All part of the big machinery for their US Tour that starts soon, and all good news for Mr. Goldtop! (Except for the tour; Can't afford to make that happen.)

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 10-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.

No sleep tonight... No sugar either.

Goldtop

The 2nd Law by Muse
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Godin Velocity, Blackstar HT-5TH amplifier