Page 40 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    EJ.

Goldtop Lloyd - Happy Hump Day!
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Lots of music today. Gonna be a good one for me, and I hope it is for you.

Goldtop Lloyd, Queen of Clubs
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

What the world needs now...

Goldtop Lloyd

Georgia Satellites. One of my favorite under-the-radar bands...

Texas Goldtop

Hank Jr. playing at my place right now. The first one is from the time shortly before he fell down the side of a mountain and almost died. Sort of the end of what he was, and the start of him becomming what he wanted to be. Can you imagine trying to live in the shadow of Hank Williams Sr.? The name, the profession, the naysayers, the crap about 'you ain't your daddy!'... Back then he couldn't get through a song without some fool yelling nonsense from the audience. I wouldn't have wanted to be in Hank Jr.'s shoes. Love him, hate him, indifferent to him, you gotta give it to him for his heart and determination.

This one is a duet of Hank Jr. and Waylon Jennings. I wish I had been in this bar, if for no other reason than JESSI COLTER was the waitress! What a woman! Oh, Mama...

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 01-23-2013 at 10:19 PM.

More Hank I thank. This first one has some cool cameos, although if it had been up to me there would have been more Gatemouth Brown and less Reba McInwarbleyodel. But that's just me...

Check out the sound, the production, on this one. So rich. You can make out every instrument. No muddiness, and no harshness. And what great guitar tones! Acoustic, electric, a little slide, dobro, and whatever else ... And that piano! All great IMO.

Last edited by Goldtop; 01-23-2013 at 10:48 PM.

The man named after a dog.

GoldtopLloydQueenofClubs

A FRIENDLY REMINDER

Anybody can post on this topic, so don't be shy. If you have something you want to share, please jump in and do it. If posting YouTubes isn't your thing, then text links, suggestions, whatever are fine too. It's up to all of us to make the board a better place.

THANKS VERY MUCH

Here are two takes on an old Stones tune. The first is from Jason + The Scorchers. The second is played on an electric dulcimer. You don't run into one of those everyday! Cool!

Lloyd + A Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 01-24-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Classic song for me, always makes me feel alright.

I said "I'm so happy I could die". She said "Drop dead" and left with another guy.

A little Segovia and Bach on a Friday. ~~~ Have a Great weekend Everybody! ~~~

Lloyd de Goldtop

Texas? Check. PRS? Check. An apparent South of the Border theme running through my posts so far today? Check. Taco Bell for my supper tonight? Possibly. Followed up with a Rolaids chaser? Likely.

El Goldtopo de Grande

Esteban! Some people may knock him because of his QVC/HSN connection, but the way I look at it, if one person somewhere in the world decides to give music - especially guitar - a try because of seeing and hearing him, then that's great. If one new person ends up getting even a tiny bit of the joy from music that you or I do, then that's a win all the way around.

Ole! Goldtopo esto muy bueno!

Banned
    Lloyd...search the TGP thread on Esteban....it's worth it. You'll laugh...you'll cry.....you'll laugh again. It's a real "Esteban hate-fest" but it does get funny at times.

Edit...here it is...I am "drugdetox" on that forum, which is my email address.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...eban+drugdetox

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Lloyd...search the TGP thread on Esteban....it's worth it. You'll laugh...you'll cry.....you'll laugh again. It's a real "Esteban hate-fest" but it does get funny at times.

Edit...here it is...I am "drugdetox" on that forum, which is my email address.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...eban+drugdetox
    Thank you. I'll look at it in a bit.

Lloyd

Carrying on with a theme...

El Lloydo Guitarro

And I thought I was confused. Now we've got ABBA (from Sweden) singing about Fernando and what was 'in the air that night'... I may not understand my own situation here, but I've got a pretty good idea about theirs!

Goldtop, who asks "Que Paso?!"

I gotta sit down and rewrite this someday. 'Last night I dreamed of a Goldtop-ohhh'. Catchy!

Goldtop Lloyd, who hasn't had dinner yet tonight. Too late now.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 01-26-2013 at 01:14 AM.

About ten years ago, I knew someone who had press passes to go to San Antonio to see Santana live. He got down there alright, but there was a bad thunderstorm the night of the show. Lots of high wind, hail, flooded streets, etc. so this guy ended up staying in his hotel and skipping the show. I thought he was crazy then, and I still do. I'd go see that show even if I had to use a boat to get to it!

Goldtop Lloyd

I don't know about the girl from Ipanema they're singing about, but I knew a woman from Albuquerque once... Nevermind. Probably a completely different deal.

Last edited by Goldtop; 01-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.