Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Rock.

Goldtop

Reptile.

Motorgoldtop

You know...? Nah. Nevermind. No comment.

I'm Goldtop, and I should probably be dealt with for following Motorhead with this thing.

Ahhh. There we go. That's more like it.

Goldtop, who feels much better now.

I am a big Cher fan. Always have been. How many hairy-legged Texan dudes who have had wives do you think can say that? (Since this is a PG forum, I'll leave it at that.) She's on my list of People I Want to Meet Someday.

Goldtop Lloyd

This is dedicated to those poor souls headed into Mobile Alabama. A cruise for me? Thanks, I'll pass.

"Love,
    Exciting and new;
    Climb aboard,
    Just step over the poo!

Love,
    Life's sweetest reward;
    It's an open smile,
    And a staphylococcus sore!"

Capt. Goldtop

The King. The '68 Comeback Special. The original band. And sadly, the original sycophant Charlie Hodge.

The King of The Goldtop Lovers

A Day devoted to love. Cool, since I love some of these songs today!

Who remembers England Dan and John Ford Coley? There may be some reading this who never heard of them until now. They had some hits in the '70's Soft Rock era. Pastel-colored three piece suits, open collars, necklaces of tiny spoons on tiny chains ('what was that all about?' he wondered.) And England Dan later dropped the 'England', got more into the Montana Cowboy thing, and had some hits, one of which was with Marie after she and Donnie split; 'Meet Me in Montana'.

Goldtop Lloyd

I Love Guitars! (Duh... I'm here, aren't I?!?) And this song has some great guitars in it IMO. Check out some of the little extra bits towards the end, from about the 2:00 mark on...

Goldtop Lloyd, whose head is said to be 'like a rock'.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-14-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Proof that odd videos can come from any time and any place. What is this, Gilligan's Island? How are they powering these instruments? (Especially that bass, which makes the song IMO.) And Skeletons dancing around a guy in a big pot of dry ice fog? Dry ice on an island? And if you're already skeletons, isn't it too late to 'cook' somebody anyway?

With all of the electricity obviously needed for this, it seems like they could fire up some saws and whatever to build a boat to get The Castaways home. Maybe not all of them, but at least MaryAnn, who I thought was Hot Stuff! MaryAnn, don't go back home to Corn Cob, Iowa or wherever it was you were from; come to Texas, Baby!

Check out the scene with the two chicks in bikinis standing by the guys with surfboards. On an island, in bikinis, somebody throws water on 'em, and they act shocked! NO Emmy for You!

Goldtop

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    ...but at least MaryAnn, who I thought was Hot Stuff! MaryAnn, don't go back home to Corn Cob, Iowa or wherever it was you were from; come to Texas, Baby!
    MaryAnn = Dawn Wells

WOOF!!

OK, I'll give up Dawn Wells if you let me have Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters WKRP in Cincinnati)
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    MaryAnn = Dawn Wells

WOOF!!

OK, I'll give up Dawn Wells if you let me have Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters WKRP in Cincinnati)
    That, my friend, is a trade I'm gonna have to think about for awhile! I thought Bailey was much hotter than Loni's Jennifer. Likewise, I didn't care for Ginger at all. Too tarted up for my tastes.

I compliment you on having a great eye. Now, which one; Shirley or Laurie Partridge?

Lloyd

That, my friend, is a trade I'm gonna have to think about for awhile! I thought Bailey was much hotter than Loni's Jennifer. Likewise, I didn't care for Ginger at all. Too tarted up for my tastes.

I compliment you on having a great eye. Now, which one; Shirley or Laurie Partridge?

Lloyd
    Shirley or Laurie? Damn - that's a tough choice....

I use these choices to find out if women understand what men really want. I ask them:
    Ginger or MaryAnn?
    Jennifer or Bailey Quarters?
    Wilma or Betty? (the same choice as Alice or Trixie?)

You can tell a lot about a woman and her views on the importance of the superficial by their answers....
    Last edited by rugerpc; 02-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

Lloyd
    Right on!
    I never got, well, ok, I get what Loni Anderson had going for her, but that didn't do it for me. Jan Smithers was the sultry hot one for me. And thankfully the re-runs are on at 8 each night, and she hasn't aged a bit.

Here's a mercifully short version of this song. I thought Donna Summer had a pretty voice, and I thought she was beautiful and all, but if I listened to the 88 minute (or however long it was) version of this I'd want to stick a fork in my ear. There are only about ten words in the whole thing.

Cool about this video to me is that the German (?) camera operator seems to have a foor fetish similar to my own. I dig cool boots and shoes (don't send the cops; it's just a mild interest), and I noticed Donna's gold numbers here right off. I'd be willing to bet that they were made by the same wardrobe staff that did KISS. They look a LOT like the boots Ace wore on the Dynasty Tour, only his were silver with mirrors. Makes sense, right? Same record label (Casablanca), same studios (Record Plant, Electric Lady), same staff behind the scenes in other areas (Neil Bogart). Music much too similar towards the end of The Glory Days (Dynasty and "I Was Made for Lovin' You", The Elder).

Love to Love a Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Might as well stay with what's working here. Man, did I have the hots for this woman! I MEAN T-H-E H-O-T-S!!! Man, when I tell you she was cool, she was red hot. I mean she was steamin'!

Then I found out she was married to the dude in the sailor hat. Finito. Adios, old friend from South of the Border (if you know what I mean). I was just getting my senses back, and they got a tv series on ABC (?). And back in lust I went. It was almost more than I could take. To top it all off, about this time I got my first little tv for my own bedroom. The story from there is better left to the imagination...

I'm all better now. Maybe. (I still have the album with Toni, Cappy, and their bulldogs on the cover, but I'm not going to go dig it out of the files. Really I'm not.)

Goldtop Loves Toni
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-14-2013 at 05:18 PM.

...but if I listened to the 88 minute (or however long it was) version of this I'd want to stick a fork in my ear. There are only about ten words in the whole thing.
    I lasted a full minute and 29 seconds before I was searching for a fork....
    Thbbbbbt...

Time for a little American Rock & Roll. From Rockford Illinois, Cheap Trick! It's common knowledge how into The Beatles they are, but here they sound very Stones-like to me.

Lloyd Goldtop