Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Shirley or Laurie? Damn - that's a tough choice....

I use these choices to find out if women understand what men really want. I ask them:
    Ginger or MaryAnn?
    Jennifer or Bailey Quarters?
    Wilma or Betty? (the same choice as Alice or Trixie?)

You can tell a lot about a woman and her views on the importance of the superficial by their answers....
    I like that method. There are a lot worse ways to get that very valuable information.

Lloyd

P.S. - I'm going with Shirley. Pretty then, pretty now, seems very good and nice. Plus, Laurie was too skinny for my tastes. I'm not into bones.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I lasted a full minute and 29 seconds before I was searching for a fork....
    A little goes a long way, doesn't it?

LPC
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Right on!
    I never got, well, ok, I get what Loni Anderson had going for her, but that didn't do it for me. Jan Smithers was the sultry hot one for me. And thankfully the re-runs are on at 8 each night, and she hasn't aged a bit.
    Bailey for me. Classy, quite, thinking, beautiful long darkish hair with a brain under it. High-waisted pants, button down dress shirts... A lot to say (and do) but just hasn't had the right opportunity yet.

Goldtop Lloyd

With the discussion about taste in women Re: their looks, this might seem like an odd post, but not really. I think this woman is one of the most under-appreciated talents ever. She's an actor. She's a serious songwriter, right up there with Willie in numbers, tours the world and sells out everywhere she goes, gives back to her community, is open to and supportive of lifestyles and cultures that many lesser performers would run and hide from, and on and on. And if you care about animals, at her amusement park/cultural center in The Smokey Mountains, she has a program dedicated to the preservation of Bald Eagles. If you ever saw an Eagle fly at a sporting event somewhere, chances are it came from her Dollywood facility.

She looks artificial, but it's her own doing, and she's in on the joke. Listen to her speak, and she's the most open, down to earth, self-effacing person you could imagine. I'm an outsider, and far from an authority, but I've been around music for a long time, and I've never heard one bad thing about her.

Could you open yourself up and write like she does? Could you pour your heart out to total strangers as a way of life? I don't think I could, but if I tried, I might want a little something to hide behind too. But then again, I don't have anywhere near the talent she does, so it's a moot point.

Goldtop/Lloyd

GT

Some leftovers from the earlier Disco stuff...

Goldtop 54

What's Valentine's Day without a KISS?!?!

Leave 'Em to Goldtop

A beautiful love song from some lonely balladeers.

LPC

Lloyd

A day about love without Neil? Can't do that.

Lloyd

I'm finishing up for the night with two of my favorites. I can't listen to Stevie anymore, but I listen to Jimmy Reed a lot. This one has a mini interview at the start.

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody. I hope you had a good day today, and a nice evening tonight.

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

Friday. Thankfully. It's been a strange week. Hot weather one day, nearly a foot of snow overnight and temps in the teens, and today back to mild 50's.

I lost an Angel this week, but I know she's doing so well right now that it's worth it. At this moment, I believe she's enjoying every bit of the joy and peace and love she gave to me and others. As I did a few days ago, I'm dedicating a song to her. This time, it's more for the title than anything else.

Mary, my love is alive for you. I'll see you again, so save a place for me. We won't have to suffer through any more awful pork chops ever again.

Me/Lloyd/Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-15-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Yes! A GREAT Saturday to EVERYBODY!!!

I ended up having a pretty busy Friday, which I didn't expect. I may talk about some of it later on. Or not.

I haven't done a "T-O-O-T" for a couple of days, so here's one. I like them both, but I gotta give the nod to Elvis. Man, I wish I'd been able to see Elvis. I'm still a little put out with my parents for never letting me go see him. He played here and fairly close by several times in the 70's, but the closest I got was riding by the coliseum and looking at the cars. The main venue here holds about eight thousand, and the last time Elvis played here it seemed like there were that many cars parked around the place. HUGE crowd for this town.

Goldtop's having a good weekend and hopes you are too.

Okay, dedication time again. I started to post this on Valentine's Day, but I decided to wait a couple of days for what should be obvious reasons.

Guys, this is for us. If there isn't something in here that really strikes you, then I would think it's because you haven't been involved with a woman on some romantic level very much or for very long. For those among us who have swam those waters, I give you this:

(Note to Mods: If this has to go away because of the language then I understand, but hopefully it will be allowed to stay for at least a little while.)

Goldtop Lloyd, Survivor

Good Sunday Morning People.

If you happened to catch my post yesterday in The Grammys thread, it contained a message to little Miss Swift that mentioned Brittany Howard. If you aren't familar with her, hopefully you will be soon. She's in a band called Alabama Shakes and they have a new CD out called "Boys & Girls". This is only my opinion - as is everything else I post - but I think Brittany is AMAZING! I was and still am a huge fan of Adele, but I think Brittany is even better. She has such passion, such power, and such honesty. She's fearless and just pours herself into what she's doing.

On the television show "Austin City Limits" last night, the performers were Alabama Shakes and Gary Clark Jr., and I've still got the smile on my face from seeing it.

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-17-2013 at 10:38 AM.

I thought this young lady had a pretty voice. She led a troubled life, and she died today. May she Rest in Peace.

I hope you all had a good, safe weekend.

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Monday. Been a busy one, but NO bad news came my way today. That breaks a pattern of bad news every Monday for the last six weeks, and I am glad that is over! Onward and upward!

This is Mark Andes' birthday. He was once in this band, and later in his career he played in a band called Heart. So Happy Birthday to him!

Two little pieces of trivia: The guitar player in this band was named Randy California. In a weird twist of fate, he was brought in as a replacement for another guitarist. That guitarist was named Leon Pennsylvania.

--- and ---

The inspiration for the title of this song was one of the band member's fondness for deep sea fishing.

Goldtop Lloyd, Queen of Clubs

A little JLL today. For me, this is 'official' post number 1000.

Goldtop Lloyd

Depending upon which book you read, how much of the bickering you choose to believe, etc., there is a lot of debate about who actually played on this album. In my opinion, the truth falls somewhere between the guy who swept up the studio(s) they were working in, and the four original members of the band themselves. No matter who played what, I think there is some good, American Rock & Roll in places on this album, and I still dig it.

I've seen KISS nearly fifty times, and never once have I seen what I would consider a bad gig. Some were better than others, but never once did I feel cheated, whether I bought a ticket, or had passes, or crashed it (once). All those years of maintaining that level of quality says a lot to me.

Goldtop Lloyd, who has never once painted his face like KISS!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-19-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Wednesday "TOOT" time. Brown Eyed Handsome Man.

Goldtop Lloyd, who has blue eyes, and who - while he may not be all that handsome - stills looks alright in a dark alley on a night with no moon.