Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Sometimes I worry myself...

Earlier today in the 'CHEESE' thread, I said that I'd never met a burger with cheese on it that I didn't like. Cheeseburger, right? Simple enough. Then I remembered this video, and a certain scene in it.

Folks, when something so harmless makes me think of RON JEREMY eating a cheeseburger, I have to wonder about myself. All of the doctors I see are for physical problems (heart, back, shoulder, etc.), but maybe I should consider giving some attention to the mental too.

Lloyd, who is a little concerned right now.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Sometimes I worry myself...

Earlier today in the 'CHEESE' thread, I said that I'd never met a burger with cheese on it that I didn't like. Cheeseburger, right? Simple enough. Then I remembered this video, and a certain scene in it....
    Funny, when I started reading that, I thought you would end up here:

Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I'm getting hungry here! I better change course a little.

Goldtop in Paradise (That's a lie. The Texas Pothandle is FAR from Paradise!)
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Funny, when I started reading that, I thought you would end up here:
    Hahaha. This stuff is making my stomach growl.

Lloyd

Thanks to Keith and his book, The Stones are finally beginning to grow on me a little.

In 1981, I had a choice between two road trips to gigs as a ittle present to myself. One choice was The Stones in Dallas on (I think) the "Start Me Up" record tour (the LP was "Tattoo You" maybe?). The other option was to go to Houston for one of the few regular festivals held in the US at that time, The Texxas World Music Festival. That year they did a show in Dallas and a show in Houston at The Astrodome. I decided to go the Astrodome gig. The co-headliners were Heart and REO Speedwagon, with a flock of openers. Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Van Zandt Band, and others that I can't remember right now.

I never regretted my decision, and I still don't. But I would like to take in a Stones show someday.

I'm Goldtop, and I'm a live gig addict.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-21-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Whenever I woke up last night, I had this song on my mind. Then, in the shower this morning, I found myself singing it. For whatever reason, this and The CDB are in my head today. What's going on Charlie? RIP Tommy and Taz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Daniels

Goldtop Lloyd, Queen of Clubs

In a post yesterday, I talked about the Texxas World Music Festival. This was one of the bands on the bill that day. I saw them a few times over the years opening for KISS and others. I thought they were a good, basic, no frills rock & roll band. They never seemed to catch on for some reason. One of those 'where are they now' deals... Oh well.

Lloyd/Goldtop/QoC

Mark my words, Folks... This young lady is a SUPERSTAR! The absolute world is hers for the taking; it's all up to her and the choices she makes. I'm not trying to breed drama here, but BRITTANY is the heart and soul of this band. If she's loyal to the unit, that's cool. I admire that. But either way, I predict we'll remember her name longer than we'll remember the name of the band.

Brittany Howard is a STAR, and we're fortunate enough to catch her in the early days.

Lloyd/Goldtop/QoC

Lloyd

Good Old Townes. Every time I listen to one of his songs I hear something new.

Goldtop Lloyd

Lloyd/Goldtop

Lloyd

It's a Good Friday!

Goldtop

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    Here's one for you, Lloyd:
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Quote Originally Posted by tdarian View Post
    Here's one for you, Lloyd:
    Tom, Thank you for that. Outstanding playing there. To me, there's just something in the sound of two great Les Pauls mixing together. (Not to slight everyone else in the band of course.) I'd like to have been at that gig.

You got my weekend off to a good start. I hope you have a great one yourself.

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs (Cards, Sandwiches, whatever)

Up until this week, I hadn't listened to this album in ten or fifteen years. One night I kept dreaming about Charlie Daniels (???), so I dug this out. I forgot just how much I liked this band.

We're all here because we love music, and especially PRS Guitars, but as I said in the post above, there's just something special to me when you get the right two (or three) Les Pauls mixing together. This song is a case in point: Charlie on a Sunburst, and the late Tommy Crain on a Goldtop. Trading lines, doing unisons, whatever... Music to my ears! (No pun intended.)

This is a song that purely by coincidence relates to my ex-wife; Caballo Diablo. Translation = Devil Horse. (I think 'Burro Diablo' would have been more accurate, but that's just me.)

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-22-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Saturday. I hope you, you, you, and especially you over there with the cute little dog, have a Great Weekend!

This song and video is from a band that was from Texas, so that's a plus right off the bat in my book. The song = pretty good. The video = makes little if any sense. Other than the weird 'cow pimp' outfit, the thing that most caught my eye was Tommy Shannon's impersonation of Bill Wyman. Who superglued Tommy's feet to the floor?!?

Goldtop Lloyd, Proudly from The Lone Star State

Yeah! This Saturday is starting out in fine style. A cold Coke beside me, a guitar in my hands, the tv on and muted showing a new Fiat commercial with a scorpion and a bikini, and this on the computer. Keep 'em coming!

Lloyd (who could only be better if the guitar in his hand was a Goldtop PRS!)

I have to hear this one at least once a week, and today's the day. Eric, Virginia, and the boys from ACL.

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

Another thing I listen to/watch on a regular basis - although not every week - is the DVD this was a part of. Check out the magic in this clip. Even Jimmy Page is still just one of us... 'How do you play _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _?'

Lloyd