Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    A Saturday night + George Jones = REAL Country Music to me. If I had a dime for every time I've heard this song, or even just heard it somewhere on a Saturday night, I'd be ordering a Private Stock Monday.

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Another Sunday morning. Here's one from R*E*O T*W*O.

Lloyd*Goldtop*Queen of Clubs
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

I have been going back and forth with myself about posting this. I don't want to offend anybody, nor do I want to step over the line when it comes to the posting rules of the forum. But I think this song is beautiful, and I'm hoping that it may help somebody to hear it. If any moderator feels it is inappropriate, then please do what you feel is best for the forum. I apologize if my posting this creates a problem for anyone.

Lloyd

Someone contacted me and thanked me for posting the Ed Bruce video, so to her I say 'you're welcome'. Onto things both lighter AND heavier. Here is a "T-O-O-T" of a couple of Priest covers I've been listening to lately.

Goldtop Lloyd

Mr. Townshend.

Mr. Goldtop

Good Monday Morning Everybody! Man, what a good week we're gonna have. The last one of February, which means...?

In another thread, the op posed the question 'how cold is it where you are?'. This morning, I can answer that by saying it's cold here! A front came in during the night. Blowing snow since the wee hours and still going strong as I write this at about 10AM, and cancellations everywhere. I love cold weather, and the temp is only down to the 20's (which isn't bad to me), but with the high wind it's rough. Not really a White Out, but it's trying.

My Monday "T-O-O-T" is an old Country standard...

Lloyd Goldtop

Not that anybody asked or cares, but it's still snowing here. And the wind's blowing even harder, with gusts up to 75 MPH. They're predicting over two feet of snow before it's over. More than two feet in less than 24 hours; that's a lot for this place.

Anyway, it made me think of this old cover tune. Like I need much of a reason to listen to The Who!

Cold Goldtop

Two "T-O-O-Ts" in one day. (Double TOOTs... We all know how rare those can be!)

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

The Power of Gold. Yep; That sounds about right...

The Power of Goldtop

My first post today was 'The Power of Gold' by Dan Fogelberg because that's what I woke up hearing. But in a perfect world, this would have - and should have - been first because today is the anniversary of his birthday. Happy Birthday Johnny Cash. I hope he and June have a wonderful day today wherever they are.

Lloyd

Fair Warning: Lots of The Man in Black today.

Goldtop Lloyd

LPC

God Bless Johnny Cash. God Bless America.

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

RIP Dan.

Lloyd

Goldtop

Lloyd

Marty Stuart on The Man.

Goldtop Lloyd

Goldtop

This is a clip from a biography filmed shortly before he died. I can't think of another artist who arguably did their best, most powerful work, at the end of their careers and lives. He was already an icon, an institution, but he peaked in his last days. Incredible.

I'm proud to say that Johnny Cash was my first musical hero. It was him and Elvis. Lots of other artists and performers have come along that I'm a fan of, that I respect and/or admire, but none will ever take the place of Johnny Cash. There are a handful who are close, but Johnny's at the Top.

I hope every person who reads this has someone in music who means as much to them as Johnny Cash does to me.

Lloyd/Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-26-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post

Goldtop

I didn't think much of this song when U2 released it, but it took on a new life after Johnny recorded it.