Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1977

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

Sunday morning. Here is a Sunday T-O-O-T.

In an earlier post I mentioned that yesterday I went to look for a book for a neighbor. The store I went to was a books/music/video chain called Hastings. While I was there, I had no choice but to look at the music too (you know how that is, right?). $1.99 later I had a Best Of CD of this guy. When I was younger, I loved this guy's music, but as happens sometimes - at least to me - I just gradually stopped listening to him for some unknown reason. Probably his biggest song was one that he wrote and Elvis recorded; "Kentucky Rain". I thought he was great at doing love songs like the two here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Rabbitt

Goldtop Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Saturday Night March 30 in NYC at B.B. King's the ORIGINAL menbers of The Moving Sidewalks reunite for a gig. I'm sticking out my thumb tomorrow morning so I'll be able to make it up there in time (like there'll be any tickets left!). Billy G. on guitar, vocals, weird voices, weird whatever!

Goldtop Lloyd

For a Billy Gibbons and ZZ Top freak like me, this is a treat. It's not too difficult to draw line connecting these three tunes. (By the way, RIP Balinese.)

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

Oh, Baby! Mr. Willie Nelson is scheduled to play here tomorrow night, and I will be there. Tickets too rich for my blood, but I'm still going. I may even try to meet him and shake his hand. That would be nice, and an honor for me.

On a more personal note: Some of you may remember my writing about the first concert I attended waaaay back when. It was a Willie show, and by a twist of fate I ended up with a young(?) lady(?) sitting beside me. I never knew her name, but I've always thought of her as 'Connie', so... Connie, if you're reading this, I'll be looking for you tomorrow night. I don't look the same as I did back then. I don't imagine you do either, but that's cool with me. Three gold earrings on my left ear. ("My Trinity" as I call them... Their meaning changes frequently, but tomorrow they'll be in honor of Willie. Hugh. Nelson.). Medium beard, hair down to my butt, probably in a ponytail. I'll be in a Cheap Trick t-shirt. Look me up, Darling; I'll buy us a Geritol, we'll pop a Centrum Silver apiece and make some memories!

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-04-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Goldtop

Okay, going to a gig tomorrow. working on my list now. Details to follow...

Goldtop

Hot Dog! (Owwww, I think I hurt my hip...)

Hot Goldtop

I woke up with this one in my mind. As usual, no idea why. (The four dancers in the animal skin outfits? When the brunette with the little topknot on her head walks her dinosaur, I wanna go along...)

Goldtop Lloyd

Check out the unusual cameo in this one. I'd LOVE to hear the story of how and why Lemmy is in this!

Goldtop Lloyd

Twelve hours from now I hope to be at the gig and waiting for Willie to take the stage. Already getting excited.

PERSONAL NOTE: Connie, if you're reading this, get it in gear, Girl!

Goldtop

Goldtop

Some really cool pictures in this video I think.

Goldtop

Willie and Keith.

Gold and top

Here's one that you probably don't hear every day: Willie and Carlos!

Lloyd

Of my two hundred-or-so favorite Willie songs, this is one of the top five. Willie and Lee Ann. And maybe more importantly, Texas. This video says soooo much to me about the Texas I know and love. Out in the country, but not too far from the city. A crisp, clear night (according to Willie's breath). Millions of stars in the sky. A big back yard. Strings of lights hanging in the trees. The get-together's over and most everybody has gone home. A guy with a guitar. A beautiful woman - inside and out - in a pretty dress, slowly dancing on the grass in her bare feet. In Texas.

There haven't been enough nights like that in my life. But I'm not done yet...

Lloyd/Goldtop/QoC
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-05-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Three Zappas and a number of celeb cameos in this video. I never hear Dweezil mentioned much, but I've always liked his playing.

Goldtop Lloyd

Aww yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Aww yeah!

That's cool. Thank you for that. And thanks to James for changing the title of this tread to include my username way back when. (Where are you James? I hope you're well. I haven't heard from you in a while...) Most of all, thanks to everyone who posts here. Hearing new music... Nothing like it! Let's all work together to keep it going.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Remember The Alamo! In another thread, I talked about Texas, and the significance of today's date in our history. March 6, 1836, The Alamo fell. It was a terrible defeat of a few brave people who were outnumbered by as much as twenty to one by some accounts. It was also a turning point, and in many ways it was actually the beginning of Texas. I Love TEXAS!!!

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs/Plank Owner - TEXAN!

I went to see Willie last night. A great show. Two thousand seat auditorium; intimate as opposed to the ancient eight thousand seat all concrete hockey arena in the same complex. Better sound too, although it's always iffy here no matter where you go. Willie and Family with the bare necessities. For example, the two drummers (Paul English and his son) traded off; One would play bongos and percussion, and the other did the main job on a single snare(!). They traded back and forth almost every song. Willie front and center was the only guitar. The bass player alternated between a Precision and an upright, again switching for almost every song. Sister Bobbie on piano. She is SO underrated in my opinion. She can do classical, boogie, barrelhouse, rock and roll, country, jazz, you name it. And she is such a sweet, classy lady.

They did nearly two hours, much of it new from an album due out next month. And of course they had THE backdrop, the HUGE Texas flag. That same start as I wrote about in my post about the first show I ever attended. They come out, Willie straps on Trigger, hits a few chords, then BOOM! The Texas flag unfurls behind them, and off they go. It was as magical last night as it was all those years ago. Willie will turn eighty in April. See him while you can.

On a Personal Note: I didn't happen to see 'Connie' last night, but there were some ladies in the crowd who could very well have been her. But I did run into a casual acquaintance who was a real sweetheart. I've known her for years, and I've always thought she was special, and last night she proved it. So this is for her: Jennifer, thank you. I will never forget last night, and I love you for it. You're beautiful.

Lloyd