Page 58 of 124 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2471

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of this record/CD. This is C.C. DeVille's side project one off (?) called Samantha 7. Something about the solo in this really hits me. Soulful, gritty, but not biting... I never get tired of listening to this one.

Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Happy Monday! I hope all of the Mothers had a great day yesterday. Here's a T-O-O-T to get the day going. I've been listening to a lot of old Sun Studios tunes lately for some reason. Red Hot!

Goldtop

Goldtop

Happy Birthday to fellow Texan Trini Lopez!

Goldtop LPC

Happy Saturday! I got up this morning about 4AM, turned on the tube, and the first thing I saw was a Motorhead video. That's the way to start a day!

It's gotten hot where I live in the Texas pothandle. One day it's in the 70's, and overnight it turned into Summer. It's been in the high 90's here all week. Where did Spring go? I don't like hot weather. But I do like this song.

Goldtop

This is a fairly new band that's had a false start or two; Heaven + Earth. Their CD "Dig" came out a few weeks ago, and I really like it. If Sammy Hagar and Deep Purple had a baby, first of all it would probably be very hairy. And it might sound like this...

Goldtop

More Heaven + Earth.

Goldtop + Lloyd

Hot. It was hot yesterday, and it's supposed to be hot again today. It hit 100 degrees here yesterday. That's too hot! I hate hot weather, and if it's this hot already, just imagine what it'll be in July. Ugh. The only reason I live here is because it's supposed to be the coolest, northernmost city in the state. It's the only city up here in the cow pastures; everything else is a little podunk town. (When's the last time a band played a gig in White Deer? Or Umbarger? Ever try to buy a set of strings in Vega? Ever look for a new Putrid Stench CD in New Deal? Don't bother!) This place is advertised as having a 'moderate climate'... ONE HUNDRED DEGREES IN MAY IS NOT MODERATE!

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 05-19-2013 at 11:30 AM.

This young lady writes some great lyrics IMO, especially considering her age. I didn't watch the Billboard thing last night, but I understand she was on it. (Hopefully that won't be held against her.) With her, and The Alabama Shakes, the ladies are gettin' it done! C'mon guys!

Goldtop Lloyd

Happy Birthday today to Susan Cowsill. I hope it was a nice one for her.

Lloyd

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    The Cowsills were my first concert experience, back when "Hair" was a hit and they were pushing milk.
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Quote Originally Posted by tdarian View Post
    The Cowsills were my first concert experience, back when "Hair" was a hit and they were pushing milk.
    That's cool. Where was it?

There was a documentary about them on HBO or Showtime or ? a month or so ago. It was made by one of the brothers, and I thought it was great. Their father was a piece of work. They had some seriously rough times, but they made it through by taking care of each other. One of the brothers died in the New Orleans hurricane. Susan has a band and still plays some dates every year. I had forgotten how much I liked some of their music until I saw this doc.; it caused me to dig out some of their CDS.

Lloyd

Yes Sir! NO heatwave today! It started raining just before daylight, and it's still coming down. A slow, gentle, read-a-book-and-take-a-nap kind of rain.

I love this kind of weather, and I'm going to enjoy every second of it. But my thoughts and prayers are with the people in North Texas and Oklahoma. This season has already been bad for them.

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 05-21-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    That's cool. Where was it?

There was a documentary about them on HBO or Showtime or ? a month or so ago. It was made by one of the brothers, and I thought it was great. Their father was a piece of work. They had some seriously rough times, but they made it through by taking care of each other. One of the brothers died in the New Orleans hurricane. Susan has a band and still plays some dates every year. I had forgotten how much I liked some of their music until I saw this doc.; it caused me to dig out some of their CDS.

Lloyd
    It was Boston, MA. There is a band shell on the bank of the Charles River, very festive site.
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Ahhh, rain. Rain on my head. (I went outside for a little while just to be in it.) Rain on my feet. (Okay, on my Doc Martens.) Rain on my mind. Here's one of my favorite slide players - Lowell George - workin' that socket.

Gold(wet)top Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by tdarian View Post
    It was Boston, MA. There is a band shell on the bank of the Charles River, very festive site.
    I couldn't remember the name of that documentary I mentioned, even though I think I talked about it recently in another thread. So I looked in the TV listings and it's called "Family Band: The Cowsills Story". It runs again on Sunday June 2nd on Showtime if you or anyone else is interested.

LPC

Elvis! Swinging Down on a Wednesday. I hope everybody has a good one today...

Swing Down Sweet Goldtop

A T-O-O-T for Thursday.

Let's Work to a Goldtop

A long Holiday weekend coming up. Indy 500 (snore), CRASHCAR Twinkies 250 or 500 or whatever (snore), and F1 from Monaco (!!!). Lots of music at my place; Some on the radio, some on the CD player, some on YT... I may even play some myself. (To offset the hot weather, I've been doing some Christmas stuff lately; "Silent Night" and "Frosty the Snowman" at the moment.)

I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend!

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 05-24-2013 at 07:21 AM.