Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2422

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Michael Anthony had a birthday this week. I hope it was a good one.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Albert King, Lucy(?), and "Dynaflow".

LPC
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Bernie Marsden, The Beast, and "Dynaflow".

LPC

Happy Sunday Everybody! Mr. Johnny Nash.

Gold on the Top

Carlito, thanks for the inspiration...

Goldtop

Goldtop

Lita says she's 'gotta have your sex'... I have to wonder how wise a move that is on her part.

Once upon a time she felt the same way, and she ended up getting married and allegedly suffering abusive behaviour from her husband for several years, ultimately staying in the marriage 'for the sake of the kids'. More recently, she's made the rounds talking about how glad she is to finally be out of that relationship. Maybe she should just consider getting a new guitar or amp; that should keep her occupied and/or distracted for quite some time.

Great thing about guitars - they torque off, you can shut 'em in their case, stick 'em in the closet, and grab another one!

Goldtop, Amateur Marriage Counselor.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Here's a suggestion: Got a volume knob? Turn it ALL the way up!

Goldtop Man

Hungry? Try some of this...

Goldtop ala Carte

Not there yet, but getting closer every day.

LPC

I'm old enough to have 'heard it on the X' myself, and I miss those days. One thing I love about the web is that you can listen to radio from all over the world. It's not as good as being able to go to a place, but it's still a nice substitute.

Goldtop Lloyd

Say what you will about George Michael, but I thought this was the work of a genius. The video as well as the song. Especially the song! 'The boys at MTV...'. This whole thing was a gigantic middle finger from George to The Machine, and they were too full of themselves to get it.

'Gotta have some faith in The Sound... It's the one good thing that I've got.'

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-25-2013 at 11:20 AM.

The video for my choice of 'the greatest guitar solo ever' question as seen in that thread. The Supreme David Grissom with Joe Ely. TEXAS TONE !!!

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-25-2013 at 06:40 PM.

I love this video. I grew up traveling all over the US, and I'm fortunate enough to have been to some of the places seen on these postcards. I'm also fortunate enough to have missed some of them. The song is alright, but I like the video most of all.

Lloyd

Are you a Heat Seeker? Try the Texxas pothandle. The weather readers are saying that we'll have temps over 100 degrees along with high humidity 'for the next several days'. It's hotter than a camel's elbow here right now...

(Check it out. It's so hot on the soundstage where they shot this video that Malcolm's neck pickup fell out!)

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-26-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Happy Friday! Another weekend. Almost the end of a month, and also the fiscal quarter. Unfortunately, not the end of the heatwave!

A good weekend for Race Fan Goldtop and those like him. The Drags are in Chicagoland, and the F1 folks are at Silverstone in Britain. Red Bull Formula 1 driver Mark Webber is retiring from driving at the end of the year. (BTW, interested in parity? Equality? Ultimate automotive performance? Check out NHRA Drag Racing. Racially diverse competitors, numerous female competitors/race winners/champions, classes of cars and motorcycles designed for everything from whatever is in your garage up to the 4 second, 330+ MPH Top Fuel Dragsters. At the race last week in New Hampshire, Courtney Force was the winner in Funny Car, defeating her dad in the other lane. In her twenties, on her way up in the sport, part of the John Force Racing Dynasty...)

Here is a moldy oldie from The Disco Era. Love & Kisses' "Thank God It's Friday". Warning: This is the 7+ minute dance edit version. I don't know about anybody else, but if I listened to 7+ minutes of this I'd need an Excedrin or two...

Goldtop, who has never set foot in a Y.M.C.A....
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Saturday in the USA! I've been listening to The King all morning...

Goldtop

LPC

Mr. Les Paul and Jose.

Goldtop

May everyone have a fine Sunday (or whichever day it may be where you are). The late, GREAT Gary Moore.

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs