Page 71 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2567

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    It's also Mick's birthday. 'God Gave Him Everything He Wants', which apparently includes longevity since he turns 77, 78, something thereabouts today.

God Gave Me a Goldtop (hopefully someday before I croak...)
    Last edited by Goldtop; 07-26-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Since I can't go see Shinyribs here tonight, I'm trying to sooth myself by watching some other live performances on YT. This video drives me crazy! Well, actually, it's the audience in it that drives me crazy. There they are, at a small, intimate setting with A GUITAR GOD onstage inches away from them, and most of them seem more concerned with gabbing about their golf scores, or the price of Ginsu knives, or the politics at the office, or the latest treatments for painful groin injuries, or WHATEVER! It's THE D-A-V-I-D G-R-I-S-S-O-M BAND up there people!!! I would have been parked right in front of DG himself, taking in the greatness! The Heart, Soul, and Sound of Texas! Pay attention, People!

Lloyd, who sometimes just has to shake his head...

P.S. --- Check out the expression on that drummer's face. I'll give you odds that he would agree with everything I said in this post. I bet he would have loved to bounce a 2B or two off of some of the louder, less-respectful ones in the crowd.

P.P.S. --- Was it just me, or did anybody else notice Santa's brother(?) doing a slow boogie through the shot at about the eight minute mark?
    Last edited by Goldtop; 07-26-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

More of the same gig as above, this one in color. Check out that interesting combo he's using. Hummm...

DG DOES ZZ!!!

LPC-GT

Oh, Baby! DG DOES DAVID LINDLEY! Much more of this and I'm gonna need (A) a heart pill, and (B) to be chained down!

LPC

P.S. - I don't know who this poster is (Eileen something), but I think I love her. I gotta meet her someday and thank her for these videos. The cold Lone Stars are on me, girl!

This is for J.J.

Lloyd

LPC

A T-O-O-T for two of the greats, J.J. and Waylon.

Goldtop

Lloyd

Happy Birthday to Neal Doughty (keyboards) of REO Speedwagon!

LPC

This is for Sam Phillips, who passed on ten years ago today. Thank you Mr. Phillips, for putting some of the pieces together and helping to create a new art form called Rock and Roll!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Phillips

Goldtop Lloyd

Hump DAYYYYYY! (I try to ignore most commercials, but I love that one!)

Whether it is coming through the speakers of a stereo, or directly from my own hands, Blues can be heard every single day here at The Goldtop Compound. This time, it's via YouTube in a T-O-O-T from Robert Johnson and Joe Bonamassa.

Goldtop Lloyd

This is the tune stuck in my head at the moment, so here's another T-O-O-T of it. This time, it's John Cougar Melonballs and Zakiya Hooker. Her dad was some guy named John Lee...

Goldtop Stones
    Last edited by Goldtop; 07-31-2013 at 07:08 AM.

My favorite of The Three Kings, Mr. Freddie King! The 'Boogie' here I get, but the 'Funk'? Not too sure about that... Maybe it's because I've got a little too much Caucasian in me.

Goldtop

Oh, baby! Gary Moore does Freddie King!

Goldtop Lloyd

New month. New HOT, SUMMER month. Yay.

Goldtop

Mr. O.C. Smith.

Lloyd

Fry Day in the USA. Temperature warnings in parts of the country today, including most of Texas where it's supposed to hit triple digit highs in Dallas, San Antonio, Amarillo. It's 6:15AM as I type this and it's 84 degrees...

I woke up today with this one going in my head. A good way to start the day I think. I LOVE the sound of this recording. The beautiful atmosphere and energy, and the great low fidelity that they managed to catch on tape. Can't be duplicated in this day and age. Ray Charles!

The Original:

The famous clip from "The Cosby Show":

Goldtop Lloyd

More Ray!

Goldtop

BBA!

LPC

An old Blues tune for a Friday T-O-O-T. Have a good weekend, people!

Goldtop Lloyd