Page 105 of 129 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2574

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    This is for tdarian, who is always coming up with cool clips from live gigs. This is The Soultone Band.

The Goldtop Dude
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

What a cool clip. A guy, his PRS, an amp, a pedal, and a few cables; just jamming along and enjoying life. And the phone is tossed in the floor out of the way! Man, it's been way too long since I got to play. But I'll be making up for lost time soon...

Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

S-A-V-O-Y B-R-O-W-N!!! If you're interested, check out the link for their story, including an impressive list of past members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savoy_Brown

G-O-L-D-T-O-P

Earlier I posted a video of Carlos Santana and Jonny Lang. Here's a little behind the scenes video of the sessions.

Goldtop Lloyd, who did indeed notice the split-second shot of a Goldtop Santana! YES, PLEASE!

Back in the Hair Metal 80's, I used to get a lot of stick because I was a fan of the band Dokken, and especially, George Lynch. I always liked his playing, and I still do. Having said that, why don't I have a copy of this CD? What's wrong with me?!? Now I have another one on my 'keep-an-eye-out-for-this-one' list!

'Furious George'!

Tired Goldtop

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Back in the Hair Metal 80's, I used to get a lot of stick because I was a fan of the band Dokken, and especially, George Lynch.
    Dokken is (or was) a fantastic band. I still play Alone Again as loud as I can without blowing my speakers.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Dokken is (or was) a fantastic band. I still play Alone Again as loud as I can without blowing my speakers.
    Hey stranger! It's good to know I'm not alone about Dokken. I do the same thing, but with "Just Got Lucky" and "In My Dreams". I'm nowhere near the player George is, but some of our main tones are very similar.

Good to hear from you Hans. I hope things are good for you.

Lloyd

The band Cry of Love, with another of my favorite players - Audley Freed.

LPC

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Good to hear from you Hans. I hope things are good for you.
    Likewise, my friend.
    One Life

The band Cry of Love, with another of my favorite players - Audley Freed.
    Audley is amazing. Super underrated guy IMO and very humble... Loved his work with the Crowes and CoL. He's now playing with Sheryl Crow with another one of my favorite underrated players, Peter Stroud (who's played with Sheryl almost since the beginning of her career). It's a very cool duo..... They have a band together (Audley and Peter) called Big Hat, with an EP out. Really cool.
    -Austin-

PRS Custom 24 10 Top Fire Red Burst with 57/08s
    PRS Korina McCarty Soapbar BRW Board Vintage Cherry with P90s
    PRS SE Custom 22 Grey Black with Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB

In honor of all the fathers and their sons...

Mike + The Mechanics

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-15-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Good Morning Everybody! A happy Monday to you. I'm listening to Leslie West this morning, so here's an unusual "T-O-O-T" of him doing two versions of "Long Red".

The Original.

The redone version from his 2013 album.

Goldtop

I woke up with this one in my head today. Why, I don't know, but I had to hear the whole thing, so here it is: From PRS (Phantom, Rocker, and Slick) - "Men Without Shame".

Goldtop

A "T-O-O-T" of "Been Caught Stealing". Why? Why not?!

Original by Jane's Addiction.

Cover by Richard "Dick" Cheese.

Goldtop

Another "T-O-O-T" cover. I've been listening to a lot of covers today for some reason. This time, it's "Bohemian Rhapsody"...

Richard Cheese.

Mr. Gerry Phillips, a 'manualist', playing his hands. Very Cool IMO; I can't do it, can you?!

Goldtop Lloyd

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

A Good Friday to Everyone! May you all have a good day and a great weekend. Mine will be good hopefully; I've got Drag Races from Epping New Hampshire, Formula 1 from Austria, and a trip to a bookstore for a big sale on Saturday.

I've had this tune in my head all morning, so I'm posting it. Elton's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting".

Goldtop Lloyd

A cover of Elton's "Saturday Night" by Nickelback.

Goldtop

Who is doing this cover of Elton's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"? Yes, they are.

Goldtop

Saturday Morning! Good Day People! How's it going? I'm gonna have a good day (and weekend) myself, in spite of what my body may have to say about it. This morning, I'm getting my heart pumping with some Good Old Rock & Roll from Little Richard! Turn it up!!!

Goldtop Lloyd!