Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1960

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

Nobody asked, but I never thought Cher and Gene Simmons were a good match. I haven't met Cher (yet), but I have met Gene, and I just didn't see it. Of course, the same rules apply to them as do to the rest of us ie: their personal business is their personal business. But since they are in the public eye, I felt I was allowed to have an opinion, and that opinion was: Cher, you're too good for him!

Goldtop Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

The Rockets!

Goldtop

This morning I feel like eleven overloaded horse-drawn beer wagons ran over me. Here's hoping for a gentle, easy hump day. May you each have a good one yourselves.

Goldtop Lloyd

Not a bad cover IMO...

Into The Goldtop

Almost Goldtop

On the cover of the current (August 2013) issue of "Vintage Guitar". T-O-N-E!!!!!

Goldtop

Damn. Nice dress.

This is for James Gandolfini. Warning: The F-word makes a couple of appearances in this, so if that offends you then you might want to avoid this one.

Lloyd

Another day. And another birthday for lots of people. John Taylor for example. I love side projects, one-off bands, so-called Super Groups, etc. Back when this group first came along and released this record, they were a breath of fresh air. And such a surprise, considering two of the members were in Duran Duran. It's against the Goldtop Creed to post anything from Duran Duran, so here's an alternative. Happy Birthday John Taylor!

Little Known Trivia: The chick in the shades and the body suit, dancing(?) in the background in some of the shots? At one time she was married to yours truly.*

Goldtop

*A total fabrication. We were never married, although I would have said yes if she had asked me, based purely on the way she moves in this video. Turn it up to ten, and Bang that Gong, Baby!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.

I don't know if it would qualify as a confession or not, but I love "Family Guy". It's rare that I see an episode of it and don't end up laughing my head off. I've never met a woman who liked it, so in that way I think of it as the animated equivalent of "The Three Stooges"; most guys love it, most women can't stand it.

A few days ago I caught the one where Stewie hears Anne Murray for the first time and falls in love with her voice. 'An angel!' he says (or something to that effect).

Today is Anne Murray's birthday, so Happy Birthday!

Quick! To the Peter-Copter with Goldtop!

Another Happy Birthday, this time to Lionel Richie. Whenever I think of him, I still think of the days when he was in The Commodores. No offense to his solo efforts; it's just the way it works for some reason. He turns one year older today...

Check out this video. I can just hear the manager's speech at the meeting: 'Okay, guys... I get it. You wanna try your hand with one of these video things we've been hearing about. These 'music movies'... Look, fellas; trust me on this. These things are just a passing fancy, nothing more. They're a fad that'll be gone before you know it, so let's not spend a ton of your money on this, okay?'

'You remember my assistant Greg, right? Well, Greg also moonlights over at Channel Eleven. I had him check the store room for leftover footage, and he came up with something great! You're gonna love it! We've got nearly six minutes of the station owner's nephew trying out his new hang-glider. Cool, right?!? Yeah, yeah, I know; you wanted something with ships and boats. Yeah, I know the song's called 'Sail On', but work with me here, okay? We gotta keep it under budget!'

'Here's the plan: We'll film you guys singing and playing in the warehouse, and then we'll mix in some shots of this kid and his hang-glider whatchamacallit. It'll be Dynamite, Baby! Trust me on this! Have I ever steered you wrong?'

'Now, you better take off, fellas! I'll be in touch. By the by, you remembered to sign that check we talked about, right? Beautiful, Baby! Dynamite! We're in The Movie Business! This'll knock 'em dead! Trust me! We'll talk later, but right now I got Paula Abdul comin' in, so Adios! Don't let the door hit ya where The Good Lord split ya! Remember, I'll be outta town all next week, so if you need anything call Cynthia. She'll know where to find me.'

Goldtop - Management-free since Day One!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.

More of an anniversary than an actual birthday on this one. Kelly Johnson of Girlschool would have been 55 today. She died in 2007 with cancer of the spine. When they first came along I was a bit skeptical. Then when I heard of their Motorhead connection I thought 'they must be the real deal or Lemmy wouldn't be involved'. Then I caught them live opening for somebody and I was sold. Good, straight ahead rock and roll. Kelly's main guitar (seen in this video) was a Goldtop Deluxe with a replacement DiMarzio in the bridge. I am honored to say that she let me try it out for a couple of minutes when I got to meet them. She - and the rest of the band - were very nice to me that night, and they made me a fan for life.

Philthy Animal has an odd cameo in this one. I had no idea he liked to play dress up!

Lloyd/Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 06-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Happy Birthday to Brian Wilson who is 71 today. He's walkin' wounded, but he's still walkin'...

Goldtop - Likewise

Chet Atkins would have been 89 today.

Goldtop

H-U-M-B-L-E P-I-E! I can't go too long without hearing some Humble Pie!

I Can't Stand Not Having a Goldtop!

Happy Friday in The USA, People! I hope everybody has a good, safe, fun one. Officially the First Day of Summer. Booooooo. On the plus side, though, it won't last forever.

Goldtop Lloyd, who much prefers the Fall

I am. Really. Yes. I am. Yes! I swear! I really am! Sure, go ahead. Yes. It'll be okay. Sure. Yes, right about there. I'll be alright. Go on. Do it. Just for a second. Sure, go on... Check it. See? I told you. I TOLD YOU! WHY WON'T YOU EVER BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU SOMETHING?!?

Goldtop, who lost his thermometer...

The Pointer Sisters, who were indeed hot in my book. They made me so excited I just couldn't hide it.

Goldtop

Gwoldtwop

Van Hagar!

Goldtop!