Page 72 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2471

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Saturday! It is 'payday' for me AT LAST. I thought it would never get here this time. Puts me it a great mood, and that always means there will be some ZZ Top playing...

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

A live version of the same as above. Almost. According to the caption, this is 'Arrested for Driving While Bund'. I've been pretty toasted a few times in my life, but I don't know that I've ever been 'bund'.

Anyway, Frank, Dusty, Billy, and Miss Pearly tearing it up in Germany. Yeah!

Herr Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Among the age-old debates, there is one that goes: Clapton, Beck, or Page? For me, it's Beck.

Somewhere With My Goldtop (Someday)

Happy Monday People! Fight for your right to get through the week!

Goldtop Lloyd

Rick James died on this date in 2004. By all accounts (including his own), he was Super Freaky.

Goldtop From My Head Down to My Toenails

P.S. - How did all this glitter get on my desk?

Happy Birthday to my favorite Spice Girl Ginger aka Geri Halliwell, who turns 66 today.

Goldtop Spice

Goldtop

Goldtop

Elton and Kiki. On this date in 1976, this was the No. 1 single in America. And it's still kinda catchy IMO...

Don't Go Breakin' My Goldtop

Two years ago Marshall Grant passed away. He was one of the members of The Tennessee Two and was with Johnny Cash from the start. He helped invent the 'boom chicka boom' sound. He was quiet and stayed in the background, but was as solid as a rock and dependable. I like to think he and Johnny (and Luther Perkins) are playing somewhere together right now.

LPC

A couple from Chuck. Same song; one the studio cut, the other a clip from the Dick Clark show at the time.

LPC

Happy Friday in The USA! I hope everybody reading this has a good day today, and a weekend to match. It's supposed to cool off a bit here; down into the high 80's.

Lloyd

More Gary Stewart. I dig the guitar in this one...

Goldtop

A little Budgie on a Saturday...

Goldtop

Not 'she', but it may indeed be slippin' away...

Goldtop

A Saturday "Triple T-O-O-T".

Smiley Lewis. The Original. (I Think; I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to go look it up.)

Mr. Fats Domino!

A cover by Dave Edmunds with a little treatment on the vocals.

Goldtop

Last night I went to the books and music store I go to - and write about - every so often. While I was there, I saw a couple that reminded me of this song. So this is for them; especially her. Because of certain circumstances, I ended up being next to them for several minutes. Granted, not long enough to know any or all of the facts, but plenty of time to get some impressions. She = Pretty, polite, seemed very kind and gentle, but troubled and/or embarrassed. She struck me as a young lady caught in a situation where she didn't want to be, and was unsure of how to get out of it. He = Rude, vulgar, slovenly, angry, far from the sharpest knife in the drawer. A puss-pocket with legs.

I wish her well, and I hope to see her again someday under better circumstances.

Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 08-11-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Goldtop

Alcatrazzzzzzz...

Goldtop

Happy Monday! I was reading a book about Willie Nelson, and in it he talked about some of the music he and his sister Bobbi used to listen to on the radio when they were kids. This is one of those artists; Freddie Slack. Some piano Boogie Woogie to get the day going!

Lloyd