Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2449

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    It's been an odd sort of day, but I started it with SBW and I'm finishing it up with him too.

LPC
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Friday in the USA! Here's to a good day, and a great weekend for us all, okay?

On this date in 1973, The BBC banned all teenybopper acts appearing on "Top Of The Pops" after a riot following a David Cassidy performance. Bloody troublemaker!

Goldtop, who would love to make it to The UK someday.

P.S. - Obscure Trivia: Paul McCartney's group Wings was named after the feathered hairstyle popular at the time, as worn by David in the above video.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

I gots to get the teenybopper funk outta here, so here's some ZZ. A bit of cool one-handed playing from The Reverend in this one.

Goldtop Lloyd, who counts ZZ's "Rhythmeen" among his favorite albums of all time.

Good Sunday Morning Folks. I hope your weekends are going well. Right up front, I don't want to step on any toes with this one. I want to respect the rules, so if this needs to be taken down then that's alright, and please accept my apologies.

I'm posting this for several reasons. First of all, someone here on the board sent me something a few days ago and the package had some VERY cool Johnny Cash stamps on it. The artwork on the stamps was the same as the picture in this video.

Secondly, probably anyone reading this knows what a JC fan I am. He has been one of my main guys in music for a long, long time.

Another reason for posting this one is that I'm having a rough day today and I needed to hear this.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Alright... My Sunday started out pretty rocky, but it's slowly gotten better. I'm at a point now where I almost feel human. The power of medical science and good music! I'm celebrating with a "T-O-O-T" of "Shake, Rattle and Roll"!

Big Joe Turner.

The Jeff Healey Band.

Shake, Rattle and Roll with a Goldtop (someday)

Good Monday Morning People. Have a great week! I'm still listening to various versions of "Shake, Rattle and Roll", so here's another "T-O-O-T" of same.

The Great Fats Domino. Not-so-great video quality, but fine sound.

Jimmy Barnes and Ross Wilson.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Tuesday. This month is just about done; it seems to me like it's been a fast one.

Jeff Healey was born on this date in 1966. Cancer took him on 3-2-2008. In his memory, here are a couple of songs from his Jazz Band.

Goldtop Lloyd

Today is Hoyt Axton's birthday (born in 1938; died in 1999). Who's that? He was Mae Axton's son, and if you know much about country music OR Elvis then you know who she was. But he was much more than just the son of someone important in the music business. Hoyt was born in Oklahoma, but I was a fan of his anyway.

He recorded many albums, and wrote too many songs to list. He was also an actor and was in a lot of tv shows and movies like "Bonanza", "WKRP in Cincinnati", "Heart Like a Wheel". In his later years, Hoyt did a lot of narration work, including some for Ken Burns in "The Civil War" for PBS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoyt_Axton

Hoyt and his band doing "The Yellow Rose of Texas".

Hoyt doing a duet with Linda Ronstadt that was a big hit.

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-25-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Here's a "T-O-O-T" of one of my favorite Hoyt Axton songs.

Three Dog Night.

Elvis!

Goldtop, who has never been to Spain either.

On this date in 1963, Johnny Cash recorded the song "Ring of Fire", which proved the following equation:

Boom-Chicka-Boom + Mexican trumpets = MONSTER HIT!

Gold-Topa-Gold

A Good Wednesday morning to everybody. On Sunday March 23rd, Dave Brockie passed away. He was a very close 'associate' of Oderus Urungus from the band GWAR. Hopefully Oderus has returned to his home planet of Scumdogia...

http://www.gwar.net

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oderus_Urungus

Goldtop Lloyd

Yes!!! Any ideas why I'm listening to this? And any ideas why I dig this video?

Here's a dream I have. (No, not the one about Vanessa Williams... This is another dream I have.)

One night I make it to Austin. I go to The Saxon Pub where a certain guitar player named Grissom and his band are playing. Between sets I meet Mr. Grissom and the guys. He asks what's in the guitar case I have with me. I open it to show him the PRS DGT Goldtop with Birds. He tries it and asks if he can play it during the next set. I agree. He rips up the joint USING MY GUITAR! At the end of the show he returns it to me, I wipe it down and clean it up as good as new. He autographs it for me on the back of the headstock and we say our goodbyes. At some point later on I die a happy man. End of dream.

That's one variation of the dream. I may share others at some point...

Goldtop Lloyd - Sort of a David Grissom Fan
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-26-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    I like the version where it goes exactly as you said, except that you live another day to dream another dream. A lot a battles being fought out there...one below by an old friend...

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...camecallin.htm

TD
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears

Sorry for the mis-post there. Let's try this again.

Thursday in the U.S.A.! I hope you're having a good one everybody. Happy Birthday today to Tony Banks from Genesis!

Goldtop

P.S. - I can't dance either. Well, that's not really true. I can dance, but it's disturbing to many who witness it. Dancing, muscle spasms, demonic possession... In my case, it's hard to differentiate between them when I hit the dance floor.

Happy Birthday to Mariah Carey, who turns 67 today. (Note to MC: Don't bother trying to sue me for saying that. I have NO money, so you'd just be wasting everybody's time for nothing. If you're not actually 67 yet then you may be someday, so chill out.)

Also, Happy Birthday to Andrew Farriss of INXS. I have no idea how old he is, but I doubt he's as ancient as Mariah!

Goldtop - Here's how I listen to "Don't Change" by INXS: Turn on stereo, plug in headphones (NOT earbuds!), put on headphones, turn volume to 'melt', and enjoy. Give it a try; you might like it. Or, you might only end up scaring the cat, which is okay too.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-27-2014 at 12:03 PM.

On this date in 1986 Van Halen started their first tour with Sammy Hagar in the band.

I Want The Best of Goldtop!

More VH with Sammy.

Goldtop, who always liked Sammy - and still does - but preferred the original lineup of VH.

This is a difficult story to tell. I've been thinking it over, and I've decided to tell it because I love music and what it can do. Music has helped me get through a lot of difficult times in my life, and hopefully it does the same for others. That's why I'm sharing this story here. BUT, if any of the mods decide this story is inappropriate for the forum then please remove it and accept my apology.

I'm a little boy around six or seven. I'm with my mom in a grocery store in the little nowhere Texas town where we lived at the time. There's a guy stocking shelves and he has a transistor radio setting there. This song is playing, and I'm singing my little heart out with it. (Looking back on it, I'm sure my voice had to be awful, but I was making up for it with lots of enthusiasm!) My mom is busy doing something else - looking at the cans of Spam or whatever - but she's close by. The goober stocking the shelves hears me and looks down at me like I'm trash and says 'You're a little pale to be singin' that crap, ain't you boy?' Out of nowhere, here comes my mom. 'What did you just say to my son?!?' The guy, who didn't exactly make it to Harvard if you know what I mean, repeats it. And my mom explodes! She knows all the cuss words, and she's using most of them. She rips the guy a new one, and before the dust settles, she digs her fingers into my arm and drags me out of the store. In the car, she is fuming. She asks me for the details of what happened and I tell her 'I was singing with Smokey and the guy heard me and said blah, blah, blah.'

And my mom unloads on me. 'How dare I embarrass her that way', and 'don't I know that this is a little town and everybody'll hear about what just happened', and 'where are we supposed to go for groceries now because there's only one store in town', and 'don't ever let me catch you singing that n_ _ _ _ r s_ _t again!' On and on. She's in a rage, and the longer she goes the worse it gets. She's driving home like a maniac, and I'm getting thrown all over the car. She's screaming, I'm scared to death, crying my eyes out... It's terrible. We make it home in one piece, and I go hide in my room. Things calm down until later that night when my dad gets home. And then it's Round Two. Only louder. And more physical.

And today? My mom and dad are both dead & gone, and I'm still singing with Smokey...

Lloyd/Goldtop/Smokey Robinson Fan
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-27-2014 at 08:45 PM.

lots of Flogging Molly and Streetlight Manifesto right now